A King of Hammers inspired garage build

LMAO!!! YES that is exactly what I meant to say... Thanks for the second pair of eyes and hands getting that primed.

But seriously I really thought it was more appropriate for me to point out my lack of insight to check this up front rather then your MANY years of experience that only a OLD man such as yourself could have. :D But all in all yes your are right THANK YOU ED!!

Thanks!
As an old man ounce said to me (just the other day) "It's going to be interesting".

Cheers,
Brett
NO OLD MAN JOKES. I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK HA HA . (60 ON MARCH 29TH)

Bret,

Do you still plan on making it down for the Hammers? I can"t wait to see this in action!

Bret,

Do you still plan on making it down for the Hammers? I can"t wait to see this in action!

Hello Reid,

My plan is to be there at K of H but I will be honest, the cards are stacked against me. I think I will have my TeryX done but work is not looking good around the first of Feb. I will work my butt of trying though!!!

I will for sure be at the Rally on the Rocks I have had that time scheduled off for the last three years LOL.

I will know about KofH by mind January...

Thank you I can't wait either :)

Brett

I can understand difficulties with work but try hard, I want to see that in action. If nothing else I'll see you in Moab!

IT'S ALIVE!!

WOW what a great feeling and milestone... this last weekend I got my wiring mock-up done and did a test fit. After one misplaced wire was fixed it fired right up!! :) What a great sound after almost 8 months of nothing...

So with it running a full test of the hydrostatic steering was done and let me say it kicks A$$

After some brainstorming with my friends it was decided that the Teryx hood was not going to work as planned ( the idea was for a 3 piece hood) this may be done later with a custom??? In the meantime a design was landed with everyone's input and I must say I think it looks pretty bad A$$.

Next onto the front breaks and skid plates with body panels following close behind.

Cheers,

Brett

Attachments

• IMG00802.jpg
    IMG00802.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG00803.jpg
    IMG00803.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG00805.jpg
    IMG00805.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 82
Car would be ten times better with a VIAIR OBA
home_main_image.png

Or just one nitrogen bottle and you don't need to carry around all the rest of that crap.:D

Nice build Bertt, Im still waiting to see if we can scale the car on Saturday.

Looks Great Brett!!!

But shouldn't you be working?

Yes I am this was a remote update from California :) Oh and I do get a lunch hour Aaron... LOL

Car would be ten times better with a VIAIR OBA
home_main_image.png

That would be sweet thanks!! :) My address is 1506... wait I better PM that to you. You can ship it ground because I wont be back till this weekend. Thanks again oh please include decals and I will be sure to sport them! :D

Or just one nitrogen bottle and you don't need to carry around all the rest of that crap.:D

Nice build Bertt, Im still waiting to see if we can scale the car on Saturday.

I cant wait to see how much it tips the scales at!! Thanks again Ed for setting that up!

Cheers,

Brett

I'm heart broken it won't have a Teryx hood on it!

I wouldnt say it wont have a teryx hood... I just havent figured out how to make it fit yet. I am a huge fan of the Teryx 08/ 09 look and I really want to maintain that in my design I still have a few ideas stay tunned...

Brett

Ok so after some cutting I think I have landed the stock hood :D
Now I need to find a black one!!! Anyone out there have one?

Let me know what you think...

Cheers,

Brett

Attachments

• IMG00807.jpg
    IMG00807.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG00809.jpg
    IMG00809.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG00810.jpg
    IMG00810.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 66
Nice gussets on the hydraulic steering!!! Great touch.

The hood looks really good. You found a solution to have the hood line up with the cage. I know that was the big hurdle! Now it will still look like a Teryx... sort of :)

Nice gussets on the hydraulic steering!!! Great touch.

The hood looks really good. You found a solution to have the hood line up with the cage. I know that was the big hurdle! Now it will still look like a Teryx... sort of :)

Thanks Aaron!!

i like it but it looks like it will weigh a ton...literally

Well I had it on the scales just yesterday and I can tell you I am VERY happy at the numbers I saw!!

Anybody care to guess?

Thanks Aaron!!

Well I had it on the scales just yesterday and I can tell you I am VERY happy at the numbers I saw!!

Anybody care to guess?

everyone keeps thinking that because of all the tubing, that these cars must weigh a lot. My Prowler with over 220ft of 1.75 chromemoly isn't very heavy either. 220ft of 1.75x.095 CM weighs about 310lbs, removing the dump beds and old frame components removes over 225 lbs, so net gains are usually only around 50-100lbs.

everyone keeps thinking that because of all the tubing, that these cars must weigh a lot. My Prowler with over 220ft of 1.75 chromemoly isn't very heavy either. 220ft of 1.75x.095 CM weighs about 310lbs, removing the dump beds and old frame components removes over 225 lbs, so net gains are usually only around 50-100lbs.

Darryl I could agree with you more!! The weight savings from cutting out all the factory frame is HUGE and yes the dump bed holly cow there's a 100 lbs right there..

Don't forget the total weight is not the only thing to keep your eye on. You need to balance it also :D and I am VERY happy with my front to back distribution!!

Darryl I could agree with you more!! The weight savings from cutting out all the factory frame is HUGE and yes the dump bed holly cow there's a 100 lbs right there..

Don't forget the total weight is not the only thing to keep your eye on. You need to balance it also :D and I am VERY happy with my front to back distribution!!

Yeah, with the J-arms on my Prowler and putting the Optima battery up front, I ended up with an empty distribution of 47F/53R. Of course fuel and riders will change that.

Yeah, I think that Arctic Cat dump box weighs about 130lbs and then the additional stuff that is tacked on brings it up a bit. My car is sitting at around 1465 without the aluminum door skins or roof skin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back