V2R 2011 Thread....

I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A NEW THREAD.
SO I PUTTING IT OUT THERE IN THIS ONE.
-IS CORY GOING TO SHOW UP ON TIME AND TECH THE UTV CLASS LIKE HE IS SUPPOSED TO, OR IS HE GOING TO SHOW UP LAST MINUTE AGAIN.
ALSO WHO ELSE THINKS IT IS (BS) THAT ONE OF HIS CARS GOT TO RACE WITH CARDBOARD PANELS ON THE CAR FOR SS300. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU OR I SHOWED UP WITH CARDBOARD AND DUCT TAPE FOR PANELS.
IF UTVRA IS NOT THEIR TO TECH THE CARS AND MAKE SURE THAT IS IS A FAIR AND SAFE FIGHT THEN WHAT THE HELL DO WE PAY FOR.

My guess is that Cory will be on time for tech. Our class has been growing...thus the reason for this thread. UTV racing is a ton of fun and we all want to see get bigger. If you have issues with Cory or the UTVRA, call him. If you have issues with BITD call Casey at (702) 457-5775.

We have had a fair and and safe fight in 2011 and I expect that the UTV racers, Casey and Cory will keep this positive 'ju-ju' going for the rest of the year.

My 2 pesos!

Just wanted to clarify our .02 It is important that Cory is at tech on time. My money is on him being early to VtoR. He has helped us, and many others get into this sport, and we are thankful for his advice and the huge amount of time he dedicates to any team who asks for it. This kind of helpfulness grows our sport. If you're ever with him you will see the amount of time he spends on the phone helping answer questions. Its amazing he has time to even get any work done to be on time.

Regarding the ss300 our commander was built to spec, and all safety standards. We did not cut any corners. To clarify- one small 8 inch diagonal panel was missing between home and the race. It was in an area with a cross section behind, and posed no risk even in a rollover situation to the driver. (was just taped larger to hold up) Also the rules do not state you must have aluminum panels, only an aluminum roof. Section Chassis (frame) body and roof- no rules were broke. Safety is and should always be our number 1 concern, and we would not want to compromise anyone. Nor do we want any exceptions.

Whats best about this class is that we have a great group of teams who have fun, and help each other in the progression of this sport. This is what has brought us back race after race. Hopefully it will bring more teams out as well!

Looking forward to a safe and competitive 2011 season and seeing everyone in Vegas!:D

I LOVE RACING THE UTV CLASS. WE DO HAVE A GREAT CLASS OF PEOPLE. I WILL HELP ANYONE AT ANY TIME IF I CAN. LAST YEAR V2R I TOSSED OUT A SPARE BELT FOR 1943 WHEN HE DID NOT HAVE ONE. WHEN MY MOTOR BLEW UP AT BWC LAST YEAR I SPENT 8 TO 10HR TRYING TO GET 1992 RZR 4 RUNNING AND OUT OF LIMP MODE. JAG X AND CORY HAVE HELPED ME OUT IN THE PAST AND I APPRICIEATE THERE HELP. LIKE I SAID WE HAVE A GREAT CLASS PEOPLE. MY POINT BEHIND, MY FIRST COMMENT IS WITH CORY WHO TECHS HIS CARS. HE DOES!! I THINK THERE NEED TO BE A NON BIAS TECH CREW TECHING THE CARS. THE RULES ARE NOT BEING BROKEN NO!! BUT YOU CAN NOT TELL THEY ARE NOT BEING BENT. LOOK AT JX NEW RZR XP. THAT IS NOT A RZR XP. NOTHING OTHER THEN MOTOR, TRANNY AND REAR AXLES ARE STOCK. DONT GET ME WRONG THAT MACHINE IS AWESOME AND IN WISH, LIKE I AM SURE WE ALL DO THAT WE HAD THE TIME AND MONEY TO BUILD ONE LIKE THAT. I WATCHED THAT THREAD FROM START TO FINISH. AGAIN IT IS ONE BAD A$$ MACHINE.
I KNOW IN DESERT RACING NOTHING IS GUARANTEED
"YOU HAVE TO FIRST FINISH TO FINISH FIRST"
SEE YOU ALL OUT IN VEGAS AND GOOD LUCK

LOOK AT JX NEW RZR XP. THAT IS NOT A RZR XP. NOTHING OTHER THEN MOTOR, TRANNY AND REAR AXLES ARE STOCK.

Just an FYI, the rear axles aren't stock.:D

I will say there is a ton of "XP" in that build and would argue that we probably use more stock parts than just about anyone. .02 Our past three cars have run all stock RZR-S fuel systems, cooling systems, braking systems, steering, etc. Doesn't matter, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Mike

Just an FYI, the rear axles aren't stock.:D

I will say there is a ton of "XP" in that build and would argue that we probably use more stock parts than just about anyone. .02 Our past three cars have run all stock RZR-S fuel systems, cooling systems, braking systems, steering, etc. Doesn't matter, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Mike
THATS MY POINT MIKE. WHERE DOES IT STOP. WHEN DOES A UTV/SXS GET TURNED INTO A BUGGY. THAT MACHINE IS BAD A$$. I AM NOT KNOCKING YOUR GUYS WORK OR CRAFTSMANSHIP BY NO MEANS. YOUR GUYS WORK IS TOP NOTCH AND IT SHOWS. THE PAST RZR MACHINES WERE UTV'S. BUILT USING MOSTLY POLARIS PARTS. OTHER THEN LONG TRAVEL, SHOCKS THINGS THAT EVERYONE HAS TO CHANGE OUT TO BE COMPETETIVE IN THIS CLASS. BUT FOR THE MOST PART AS YOU WILL AGREE IT WAS A POLARIS MACHINE.

PARKS,
I AM BUILDING A RZR 4 AND FOLLOWING YOU. SINCE I CRASHED MINE AND HAD TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT. I THINK WITH YOUR WINS IT GIVE EVERYONE WITH OLDER MODEL UNITS HOPE THAT THERE IS A CHANCE TO STILL WIN. I WILL ADMIT, WHEN WE SAY THE JX MACHINE IN VEGAS FOR SS300 IT WAS VERY INTIMIDATING. I ALSO ADMIRE YOUR WIN AND PUSHING FOR THE WIN, WITH BEING A POLARIS REP YOU KNEW IT WOULD BE A BIG DEAL FOR POLARIS IF, JX CAME OUT AND WON THE FIRST RACE IN THERE NEW XP. THAT IS COMPETIVENESS AND DRIVE TO BE 1ST . SEE YOU IN VEGAS AND GOOD LUCK

PARKS,
I AM BUILDING A RZR 4 AND FOLLOWING YOU. SINCE I CRASHED MINE AND HAD TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT. I THINK WITH YOUR WINS IT GIVE EVERYONE WITH OLDER MODEL UNITS HOPE THAT THERE IS A CHANCE TO STILL WIN. I WILL ADMIT, WHEN WE SAY THE JX MACHINE IN VEGAS FOR SS300 IT WAS VERY INTIMIDATING. I ALSO ADMIRE YOUR WIN AND PUSHING FOR THE WIN, WITH BEING A POLARIS REP YOU KNEW IT WOULD BE A BIG DEAL FOR POLARIS IF, JX CAME OUT AND WON THE FIRST RACE IN THERE NEW XP. THAT IS COMPETIVENESS AND DRIVE TO BE 1ST . SEE YOU IN VEGAS AND GOOD LUCK

Rick:
I am happy to hear that you are building a RZR 4 for racing. The things are a blast to drive. I am not one to bitch about displacement or this build versus that build. As I said in my PM to you, desert racing is more about planning, prep and experience than things like top speed. This is why Jagged does so well. They come to the races with a well prepped rig, with a really good plan and Brandon, despite young age has a chit load of experience under his belt. IMO, all of this UTVRA/BITD/this build versus that build/engines size...dirty laundry has already been aired. As I said before, if someone isn't happy with BITD or the UTVRA, call Casey or Cory. BTW, your description of my job is not correct. It is time to go racing. Back to the positive Vegas to Reno thread! Woot...woot!

Nice, another 4 on the way. Keep us posted on the build. Those bobsleds sure move! So who will be the lucky driver to get the draw for the start? any predictions..... I guess we will have more utvs finish then previous years.

It is great to see other cars on the way. I support all those with cars built and under construction. Th problem with the rules, and I have said this before, is the lack of clarity. When is the UTVRA going to clarify "stock frame"? We must have one but the whole car can be cut off from the pedals forward and only the front A-arm mounts need to be used and an additional mount can be added for strength in front of that. In reality that means you can stretch your "frame" by about 2" on the front alone. Those that have done it don't deny it but why has that not been explained so all can have the advantage of racing competitively? Some of us built our cars with a full stock frame and reinforced stock suspension mounts like the rules state but others are allowed to do stuff like this. If we are an evolving class make the evolution clear. Define " stock frame" and " factory suspension pick up points" so we can all stretch our " frames" equally. I have said it before and I will say it again, the UTVRA does a lot of work and I am more than willing to help if they ever need me. I am trying to promote our sport and I have even sponsored others to race in order to build our class. Let's work with the UTVRA and not against the organization but let's do it in a way that is fair to everyone. Sometimes racing is finding loop holes in the rules but our rules were written to try and keep the class open to as many as possible, not just those with solid works and a CNC in the garage. I think this stretch of the rules was taking it a bit too far so if it is allowed, make the change public so we all can race competitively.

Just my .02

I am predicting 21 Ute's at start for V2R. Anybody have any other updates? Where are people staying on Thursday night?

1911 Secret Deere Guy - Yes
1954 Leeper -? Probably?
1913 Lucas - ? Probably ?
1919 JX - Yes
1920 Lansky - Yes (he glued on his wheel for a total of 4 now)
1921 Dunlap - Yes
1917 Murray - Yes
1915 Raber - Yes (brakes?, we don't need no stink'n brakes)
1932 Bobsled - Yes
1924 Lasher -Yes
1901 Cory - ? Probably?
1935 Gary - Yes (Team Oregon is in!)
1992 Bill M - ? Probably?
1937 Vinagro - ?
1943 Renolds - Yes
1910 Leard - No
1912 Cook - ?
1950 Lindberg - Yes
1927 Anderson - ? Probably?
1905 Palhegyi - ? Probably?
1931 Jessi - ? Probably?
1938 Thomas - ?
1967 Jeff Palhegyi - ? Probably?
1939 Sheakley - ?
1929 Furnell - No
1949 Hall - ?
1933 Nolan - ?
1930 S. Cook - Yes (not the same as 1912?)
1914 - Diller - ?
1998 - Lambert - Yes (or definate maybe)
1990 - Neumann - ?
1994 - Gardner - ?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> ?<!-- / message -->

It is great to see other cars on the way. I support all those with cars built and under construction. Th problem with the rules, and I have said this before, is the lack of clarity. When is the UTVRA going to clarify "stock frame"? We must have one but the whole car can be cut off from the pedals forward and only the front A-arm mounts need to be used and an additional mount can be added for strength in front of that. In reality that means you can stretch your "frame" by about 2" on the front alone. Those that have done it don't deny it but why has that not been explained so all can have the advantage of racing competitively? Some of us built our cars with a full stock frame and reinforced stock suspension mounts like the rules state but others are allowed to do stuff like this. If we are an evolving class make the evolution clear. Define " stock frame" and " factory suspension pick up points" so we can all stretch our " frames" equally. I have said it before and I will say it again, the UTVRA does a lot of work and I am more than willing to help if they ever need me. I am trying to promote our sport and I have even sponsored others to race in order to build our class. Let's work with the UTVRA and not against the organization but let's do it in a way that is fair to everyone. Sometimes racing is finding loop holes in the rules but our rules were written to try and keep the class open to as many as possible, not just those with solid works and a CNC in the garage. I think this stretch of the rules was taking it a bit too far so if it is allowed, make the change public so we all can race competitively.

Just my .02

the Gator i am racing is as almost as STOCK as it came from the factory i added a billet king rack and pinion and heim joint rod ends and i am running off the shelf deere spec FOX Shocks and a 1in wheel spacer so i can run a polaris pattern that is it and a whole whopping top speed of 44mph but i know flat out i wont run down the faster UTV's but in a long race it can be anyones day trust me :D i have been on both sides of this fence

I am predicting 21 Ute's at start for V2R. Anybody have any other updates? Where are people staying on Thursday night?

1911 Secret Deere Guy - Yes
1954 Leeper -? Probably?
1913 Lucas - ? Probably ?>>>> YES
1919 JX - Yes
1920 Lansky - Yes (he glued on his wheel for a total of 4 now)
1921 Dunlap - Yes
1917 Murray - Yes
1915 Raber - Yes (brakes?, we don't need no stink'n brakes)
1932 Bobsled - Yes
1924 Lasher -Yes
1901 Cory - ? Probably?
1935 Gary - Yes (Team Oregon is in!)
1992 Bill M - ? Probably?
1937 Vinagro - ?
1943 Renolds - Yes
1910 Leard - No
1912 Cook - ?
1950 Lindberg - Yes
1927 Anderson - ? Probably?
1905 Palhegyi - ? Probably?
1931 Jessi - ? Probably?
1938 Thomas - ?
1967 Jeff Palhegyi - ? Probably?
1939 Sheakley - ?
1929 Furnell - No
1949 Hall - ?
1933 Nolan - ?
1930 S. Cook - Yes (not the same as 1912?)
1914 - Diller - ?
1998 - Lambert - Yes (or definate maybe)
1990 - Neumann - ?
1994 - Gardner - ?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> ?<!-- / message -->

I was at BITD yesterday there were 4 count them 4 signed up including myself so get the entries in so you can get your gift and get busy.

Welcome back Lucas! I hope you saw my name in the stack at BITD (if you can call four a stack).

question for previous V2R racers, sounds like jaggedx has most experience here. The IRC tracker is now mandatory for UTV's for V2R. have you guys used this before? looking at the order form seems kinda spendy!?

question for previous V2R racers, sounds like jaggedx has most experience here. The IRC tracker is now mandatory for UTV's for V2R. have you guys used this before? looking at the order form seems kinda spendy!?

Yes we have to use the IRC tracker for every race that has cars and trucks in it. I don't know many people that agree with the price they charge for it but it's manditory per BITD rules and there are no other options. If you're gonna race you have to Pay.

The worst part is service is marginal at best in my opinion. It never fails that there are issues with the tracker not working correctly.

Yes we have to use the IRC tracker for every race that has cars and trucks in it. I don't know many people that agree with the price they charge for it but it's manditory per BITD rules and there are no other options. If you're gonna race you have to Pay.

The worst part is service is marginal at best in my opinion. It never fails that there are issues with the tracker not working correctly.

so you just need the $275 unit right? not the phone and install kit?

I can vouch for that! When we blew the motor in the 1 car at the 425 this year several miles short of midway pit, we kept pushing the button and kept getting an answering machine...in the middle of the race!!! It was a very long walk.:mad:

Mike

I can vouch for that! When we blew the motor in the 1 car at the 425 this year several miles short of midway pit, we kept pushing the button and kept getting an answering machine...in the middle of the race!!! It was a very long walk.:mad:

Mike

And i am sure they gladly kept your $275. Thats B.S.

Mine worked good for the SS300. It even works upside down!! My brother called them like three times. By 11:30pm when they called it quits, they answered and said " Is this 1915?" and my brother answered "how do you know?", the responce was that we were the last ones running in the race. Ouch. It did alert my pit crew to go get the guys at 11:30 so it was good for us. We did have trouble with ours transmitting properly during part of the race so we were "stuck" on the map but in reality we were moving.

You need the unit lease at $275 and a one time purchase of the fixation kit for the great price of $375- once you have the fixation kit you will not need to buy again. If you do not have one yet try putting out a link on this forum for someone looking to sell the kit to save some $$$

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back