V2R 2011 Thread....

This is typically a higher speed race than the Blue Water GP. You will see a lot of long distance fire roads. Parker is a lot rougher course than V to R.

well i was going through a few things and found a winner pin for the 1983 frontier 500 (before v2r) picture coming soon
:D

is this a higher speed race then say the bluewater GP?

Definately, lots of fast sections.

This is typically a higher speed race than the Blue Water GP. You will see a lot of long distance fire roads. Parker is a lot rougher course than V to R.

Without a doubt, Parker is rougher than ANY course imho.

well i was going through a few things and found a winner pin for the 1983 frontier 500 (before v2r) picture coming soon
:D

Sweet, lets see it. You're still in as well right?

Sweet, lets see it. You're still in as well right?

i will be there for sure..... working on the deere already

it will be nice that the first section wont be so bad since there is not a fun run

i know it will be a logistics race and those are my favorite

looking for another driver and co-driver

I'm hoping to make V2R, but with the way business is dropping, I may not be able to get all my support and logistics help together. Still needing chase and pit crews.

Car is pretty much ready though (sans radio and intercom). If I do go, I may be poor boying it....

I'm hoping to make V2R, but with the way business is dropping, I may not be able to get all my support and logistics help together. Still needing chase and pit crews.

Car is pretty much ready though (sans radio and intercom). If I do go, I may be poor boying it....

I hear you! Always thought about racing V2R, but the logistics are tough.

I hear you! Always thought about racing V2R, but the logistics are tough.

if you are on a budget hire baja pits and just run one chase truck that will keep costs down for sure

i know i talked to lasher about this but wanted to see if anyone else would be interested
if i worked on a room block for another hotel instead of the one BITD has set up for reno would any of you be interested

Lucas...I might be. The Southpoint is a ways from the Aliente, but they have nice new rooms for $45/night. Might be an option for Wednesday night. I can give you the discount code if you need it. I want to stay in a hotel near the start on Thursday night, since we will likely stage again at 5:15 am...but I have no clue if the race is starting in Pahrump, Beatty, or Cottontail :rolleyes: Also the Grand Sierra is expensive, so some ideas for Reno would be great. How is the Straw Chopper coming along?

Lucas...I might be. The Southpoint is a ways from the Aliente, but they have nice new rooms for $45/night. Might be an option for Wednesday night. I can give you the discount code if you need it. I want to stay in a hotel near the start on Thursday night, since we will likely stage again at 5:15 am...but I have no clue if the race is starting in Pahrump, Beatty, or Cottontail :rolleyes: Also the Grand Sierra is expensive, so some ideas for Reno would be great. How is the Straw Chopper coming along?

well i know for sure we are starting in the beatty area

as for the south point i will get that code from ya

as for Reno i am looking for something decent and has secure parking and some amenities

As for the straw chopper it is good it runs right now we got 12 more mph out of it and working on more with a new header & muffler set up still getting 14mpg thank god it is going to be a logistics race for sure if i can skip a few pit stops i hope

thanks for the link

i am doing ok and thank you for asking.his wake is tomorrow it is going to be a tough day for me . he was very respected in our trade he has been here in vegas working for almost 40 years lots of people he has influenced expecting about 200 people there

Race In Peace....... Pops

Raber Racing will be there in the 1915. We have had a lot going on lately. The Raber Racing production car has it's first two frames coming off the CNC bender/notcher this week. I was also going to convert my car to busa/R1 keeping 4wd but my buyer fell through on the teryx motor and I don't want to attempt the swap now or we might not get it done before the VTR. We had a couple issues that stopped us at the SS300.

1. Drive belt broke when a fuel fliter (plastic) cracked and dripped fuel on the belt. Solution: We are now running the belt cover, and the fuel filter system has been changed to eliminate this possability.

2. Brake hard line fitting leaked under heavy breaking. Of course it never leaked in testing, but on race day we had no brakes after pit 4 which is what my brother says caused him to roll off the road and down a revene at about mile 173. Solution: 10mm wrench and don't let your brother drive.

3. Loose steering set screw. For such a nice car, I am not sure why we have set screws in the steering system. Solution: I am taking all the shafts off, drilling out the U-joint and shaft to accept a bolt.

4. Not enought electricity. I have fans all over the place. The motor runs really cool. I like that. We were instructed not to run the extra alternator during a day race. Wrong. It worked fine for an hour of testing or something like that. Four hours into the SS300 the battery would not start the car. Solution: Put the darn dang belt on.

Those are the issues that took us out of the race. Those are all easy fixes so it looks like we are good to go for the VTR. Of course there are the things like changing spring rate, mounting a spare just in case (550 miles is a long race), possably running "cool shirts" or another cooling system etc.

We will be there in the pro class for this race. I should have a good pile of helpers too. It has turned into a family reunion/party for all the guys every time we race. If anyone wants us to help pit, we are happy to do what we can. I must say though, the Baja Pits guys helped us at pit 4 during the SS300 as we only had two support guys there and both of them were getting in the car. The Baja Pits guys took over the pitting stuff so we could swap driver/co-driver and they were amazing. I am debating using them for some of the pits we anticipate only taking fuel. Nice guys, very fast, they checked everything (except the brake fluid) and they are reasonably priced.

6-4.jpg

DSC09643.jpg

Whoa...what sized tires and wheels do you run on the Raber rig?

Just got my V2R entry form in the mail today. Woot...woot!

I just hosed of the schmuck from the BWGP and squirted some WD on it. That is an ok prep job right? Do you think I need to change the oil, and if so where is the drain plug thingy. :rolleyes:

Just got my V2R entry form in the mail today. Woot...woot!

I just hosed of the schmuck from the BWGP and squirted some WD on it. That is an ok prep job right? Do you think I need to change the oil, and if so where is the drain plug thingy. :rolleyes:

You should be fine Matt...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.:D Seriously, leave it alone, I'd really appreciate it.:p
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back