A King of Hammers inspired garage build

this build just moved up the rankings in my book....I love that double hoop look. Your UTV is gonna look like a mini Toyota rockcrawler!!! Keep the pics coming!!! REP POINTS BRETT!

BEST "crawler" inspired design I've seen yet! Look's like a little Yota bobber buggy. The double hoop came out great!

Great work Brett!!!

Looking forward to seeing this build unfold!

Thank you guys!!! I am very excited with how its coming together!

Magnum Offroad, you crack me up!! You must really be a fan most of that autographed ;) posted is covered by the table in that picture... That's some funny sh#t LMAO!

More pictures coming!

Update:

Double hoop taking shape, man getting them to match was not easy!! LOL Harness bar is in and front dash tube... I am very pleased with the seat placement 6 inches lower then stock about 5 off the stock chassis :D the double hoops are 49 inch off the top side of the main chassis that will give me about 4 inch clearance from the top of my helmet. Leg room is better then I had hoped for! Having a blast!!!

Next the rear hoop and down tubes.

Looks good. Are you using 1.75" tube.

Brett,
I was just looking at your photos and noticed you have the same seats it looks like that I have. Beard Super TZs. If so, I found the running the front of the seats about 1 inch higher mountwise than the rear, provides a lot more thigh support and keeps the legs from being bounced around so much. You might try to block the fronts up and just see if it feels any better and allows your legs to rest more naturally where the pedal well would be.

Brett,
I was just looking at your photos and noticed you have the same seats it looks like that I have. Beard Super TZs. If so, I found the running the front of the seats about 1 inch higher mountwise than the rear, provides a lot more thigh support and keeps the legs from being bounced around so much. You might try to block the fronts up and just see if it feels any better and allows your legs to rest more naturally where the pedal well would be.

That is the seat, I haven't noticed any leg bouncing but will try that out for sure. Makes sense too with the seats being lower!

Thanks for the input!

Update:

Rear hoop and down tubes in also some of the small cross tubes on the double hoop. I must say that when I got the pieces in to tie the double hoop into the dash bar it really brings its together :D I'm digging it! Amazing how much you can get done by calling in sick haha :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG00559.jpg
    IMG00559.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG00560.jpg
    IMG00560.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG00564.jpg
    IMG00564.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG00570.jpg
    IMG00570.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 143
wow its really coming together nice!! Why not use smaller tubing for the lacing in between the main hoops and bars to cut down on weight?

Looking really good Brett. You are making awesome progress.

You should think seriously about adding power steering too. I love it in mine.

Keep the pics coming.

wow its really coming together nice!! Why not use smaller tubing for the lacing in between the main hoops and bars to cut down on weight?

Joey, to be honest I didn't think about that... structurally the same size is better for transferring load but I agree that you could go smaller with out effecting that to much and gain the weight savings. I will remember that for future projects thanks!

Your build is coming together good. Keep up the hard work.

Rusty, thank you for following my build the encouragement is appreciated!

Looking really good Brett. You are making awesome progress.

You should think seriously about adding power steering too. I love it in mine.

Keep the pics coming.

Jon, funny you should bring that up (power steering). I am planning on it but not just any old power steering... I am going to hold off saying what my plan is until I have reached that part of the build but I think you guys will like it. :D

Cheers,

Brett

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Jon, funny you should bring that up (power steering). I am planning on it but not just any old power steering... I am going to hold off saying what my plan is until I have reached that part of the build but I think you guys will like it. :D

Cheers,

Brett

I think Reid (Team Green) was going to put a PS unit from a Mule in one if his Teryx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back