V2R 2011 Thread....

Mikey...when are you headed to Barstow? Wanna plan on being there at the same time?

We tested Sunday...got it up to about 135 mph...ok 100mph..alright alright..75mph...

here's a pic a bud posted on my wall..its from the chopper that was videotaping for the Versus Channel..that guy nerfed me a couple of times before I could pull over...don't know if I'll ever get use to that..

283840228364892861311705659453-L.jpg

See you in Vegas in just over a week!

Yep, our junk barely runs, handles like crap, and makes all kinds of crazy noises....don't worry about us.:D

We have some cv clutch heaters that we are willing to give out for free ..... :D. This and the wd40 will ensure success. :eek:

ITs sometimes hard to hear with taped in ear buds, especially if the dust is just right you can't see them, we got a few love taps last year and one of them pushed us into the bank when we were running down a canyon.

What he said ^^^^
Did you know he was back there?
I am happy he was gentle and didn't punt you. The blue light should pretty much tell unlimited drivers not to nerf, but some guys get impatient. There is a 2500 lbs weight delta between a class 1 and a Ute. :eek:

I didnt have a driver side mirror (lost in our rollover while testing just a couple of days before) and my co-driver was a mid race fill in...and never had been in a race or codawged before..he was a little overwhelmed..Kyle came up on us really fast..I did see he was there within a few seconds..but we were doing 60-70 and at that point on the course..there was pretty significant berms on both side of the road... I was looking for somewhere to bail...and did as soon as I saw something doable...he was only back there for a 5-10 seconds, but it seems a lot longer, I got over as soon as I thought it was safe w/o ripping up the car..bottom line we are in a race too and we have the right to continue until its prudent to give the space they need to pass safely. I may be new to racing UTV but have been desert racing for many years on bikes and quite use to being passed by the big boys, they are much more ruthless in Baja!

P.S. He did give a nice gentle "nudge" but at the time it didn't feel like a nudge! He's was patient...as patient as a 21 yo in first place is going to be in a 700 hp class 1 car!

I didnt have a driver side mirror (lost in our rollover while testing just a couple of days before) and my co-driver was a mid race fill in...and never had been in a race or codawged before..he was a little overwhelmed..Kyle came up on us really fast..I did see he was there within a few seconds..but we were doing 60-70 and at that point on the course..there was pretty significant berms on both side of the road... I was looking for somewhere to bail...and did as soon as I saw something doable...he was only back there for a 5-10 seconds, but it seems a lot longer, I got over as soon as I thought it was safe w/o ripping up the car..bottom line we are in a race too and we have the right to continue until its prudent to give the space they need to pass safely. I may be new to racing UTV but have been desert racing for many years on bikes and quite use to being passed by the big boys, they are much more ruthless in Baja!
DID YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WERE IN A VW BUG & AN 18 WHEELER WAS ON YOUR BUTT BLOWING HIS HORN? I SAW IT ON TV. YOU DID A GOOD JOB GETTING OUT OF THE WAY.

ITs sometimes hard to hear with taped in ear buds, especially if the dust is just right you can't see them, we got a few love taps last year and one of them pushed us into the bank when we were running down a canyon.
I heard about this situation last year. I would have had a real problem with that! I realize the situation but they need to be patient if you have no place to go.

I thought he was WAAAAAAAY nicer than the majority of the field would be...especially as the front runner. The new co-driver makes sense...I know we try to communicate with our pits constantly when we're in a situation where cars and trucks are coming behind us on course, we're usually pretty good at estimating what MM we'll get caught at, and make watching the mirror priority number one about 10 miles before that...those sirens are a blast inside a 1 car or TT:D, but they scare the shiate out of me in a UTV!!!:eek:

Mike

The message we should sent is that an unlimited or heavy class should never hit a UTV. They would never think of hitting a class 11, so why would they think it is ok to nerf a UTV. I know it can happen, but we need to get message out there that it is not acceptable.

BTW...I don't think racers in Baja are any more ruthless than in the US. Most are the same drivers and teams. I have raced in many Baja races and the aggressiveness of drivers seems very similiar. What is different is there are no 'locals' to contend with in BITD races. At the 2007 250 some phaquer threw a full bottle of beer at my race rig covering my face shield with cervesa and filling my seat with glass. Yes I had glass induced monkey butt and couldn't see... But vision is over-rated anyway. :eek:

I thought he was WAAAAAAAY nicer than the majority of the field would be...especially as the front runner. The new co-driver makes sense...I know we try to communicate with our pits constantly when we're in a situation where cars and trucks are coming behind us on course, we're usually pretty good at estimating what MM we'll get caught at, and make watching the mirror priority number one about 10 miles before that...those sirens are a blast inside a 1 car or TT:D, but they scare the shiate out of me in a UTV!!!:eek:

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back