UTVUnderground Vegas 2 Reno RACERS FUND **$$$$**

Awesome idea Joey...more excitement is always a good thing. Where's that Desert Toys guy? He should definately be in for a grand or so.:D

Crap... we just want to finish this dam race...but what the heck..1920 Avid racing is in for $50... I vote for just Pro's...but will do whatever the majority want to do.

1915 is in for $100. If I pay twice, can I get first and second? $50 for my entry and the other $50 is my donation to the winner. I like giving myself money. Unlike you guys, I have been saving my #1 finish for this race. Seems like some racers wasted there luck on the short races. Besides, at $975 entry and add tracker fees, I may need to sell the house anyway.

The 1930 Fabtech RZR is in for $50, this is going to be one expensive race, I too might have a house for sale!!!!!

iwill donate to the cause 50 bucks i will just be happy with a finish cause it looks like i am doing this race solo!!! i am going to be one tired fat guy!!! anyone know of a good massage place in reno????:eek:

I think it should be pay out for overall because if just some guy pulls up in a toy box trailer pulls out a stock rhino and goes out and beats all the pros i think he deserves the pay out.

I think it should be pay out for overall because if just some guy pulls up in a toy box trailer pulls out a stock rhino and goes out and beats all the pros i think he deserves the pay out.

Ok..maybe pro and sportsman...but SR1's have a huge HP advantage on everyone..there's a reason they are not in the same class...

Conversely, if an SR1 with 170hp happens to keep it together for the race, should they be included since V2R is typically a very fast, untechnical course that should certainly favor them? Theoretically, an SR1 should be able to absolutely dominate the field in this race and SilverState as they are very fast courses. I could care less, just thought I'd throw it out there.
Mike

iwill donate to the cause 50 bucks i will just be happy with a finish cause it looks like i am doing this race solo!!! i am going to be one tired fat guy!!! anyone know of a good massage place in reno????:eek:

Have you asked Bruce B. if he'd Codawg with ya? I bet he might...he'd keep you laughing the entire time if nothing else!

Reno? No, but we usually stop along the way. "Shady lady" will trat you right LOL

But you have to figure now the pro classes they are running 1000cc motors so they can beat the sr1's so now its 1000cc vs 1000cc but one of the two has 4 wheel drive so they are coming close to even now.

And joey what series is pro classes coming from lucas or a different racing series is the sr1 a pro class?

But you have to figure now the pro classes they are running 1000cc motors so they can beat the sr1's so now its 1000cc vs 1000cc but one of the two has 4 wheel drive so they are coming close to even now.

And joey what series is pro classes coming from lucas or a different racing series is the sr1 a pro class?

The SR1 cars are pushing 50-70hp more (and weigh less)than any of the Pro class cars..and at V2R 2wd is probably an advantage versus a disadvantage... major reason why Trophy trucks and class 1 cars are 2wd..

Joey,

Good response so far I think. So what do you think about the classes? You are going to have to be the step up man and finallize the game rules. I really don't care either way but let's look at it this way: The majority of the money is going to come from the pro class guys (biggest class) at best we will probably only have a couple sportsman and probably no DSR1's (my guess) A DSR1 should really have a field advantage in this race. If the pot gets up there I could see a DSR1 coming out of the woodwork at the last minute to try and snatch the money for a $50 investment (plus entry of course). If you are in the pro class I could see where you may be butt hurt by a sportsman or DSR taking the pot.

To be the most fair to the most people maybe it should be just the pro class.

I know that when the 7200 class did this the rules were that they had to have 5 teams participating or it was off and everyone got their money back.

Using that theory. if the sportsmen or DSR1 class came up with 5 players then they could have their own pot.

That would be fair on all levels I think.

BS JX

Awesome response thus far...

Well if its up to me I always like to be open to everyone BUT I do think that because the pro class is the majority here then I think this FUND should be for just the PRO UTV class. BUT I will say that if we can get 5 sportsman and/or 5 DSR1 then I would open it up for them to have their own and would split the company donated cash up for these classes unless the company said they only wanted to specifically pay out to the PRO Class.

So here is how it will be for this go around:

2011 UTVUnderground Vegas 2 Reno PRO UTV Racers Fund

-$50.00 "Buy-In" Per Team/Racer (you have the option to pay more if you like)
-You must "Buy-In" to be eligible to win the pot
-Payout goes to top 2 finishers in the PRO UTV CLASS (YOU MUST BUY-IN - If you win the race but did not buy-in then you will not be able to claim this pot)
-Payout will be rewarded to TOP 2 Finishers entered into the pot, payout will be 70/30
-Racers Fund is ONLY available to PRO UTV racers, a minimum of 5 Racers Per Class required. (If DSR1 and/or SPORTSMAN get 5 racers involved we will start a separate pot)
-You do need to run UTVUnderground.com decals to be eligible.
-Payment MUST be done through PayPal and should be sent to joeyd@utvunderground.com as a gift and a note included that says "V2R Pro UTV Pot"
-Must have all cash by August 15th, 2011 so please spread the word to all racers who may not check in here.
-Pay out will be rewarded once final results are available

SOUND GOOD???

Sounds great! perfectly fair to all. If you get product from a vendor for the pot you will have to find out how they want to distribute it.

Like the tires that Mike is getting us from GBC!

What?

Here we go again! It was a good idea, for some reason the "other" classes are not included. Is there some worry about a non-pro utv showing up, starting last and taking overall? :eek:

Find 4 more DSR1's to race and you can have your own fund. I will even donate $100.00 to a DSR1 class fund if you come up with enough people to race.

1000cc is true, but I believe some SR1's are pushing 170hp vs. <80hp...slight advantage. V2R has endless miles of power line roades and I would assume that any well designed, developed, and tuned SR1 should be able to run around 100mph on a power line road...that's a pretty big deficit when we're struggling to run 70mph.
Obviously we' make up time when it gets technical, but this race is VERY fast (not technical), so I would assume an SR1 would have a huge advantage. That being said, I don't think an SR1 has ever finished a race of this distance...so that would be their challenge I suppose. Just thinking out loud.:D

Mike

Here we go again! It was a good idea, for some reason the "other" classes are not included. Is there some worry about a non-pro utv showing up, starting last and taking overall? :eek:

The only reason a DSR1 won the silverstate was because he had a faster car than anyone else.Prep and driver skill had nothing to do with it.(sarcasm).

More than likely a Pro class car is going to win this and nobody stands to lose more than fifty bucks so why not let everyone play?

I dont see any of the little guys with a smaller chance of winning complaining about their percieved disadvantage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back