New law requiring helmets in california

Take 30 minutes and make a few calls a day. Call each of the phone #'s for each politicians. Tell them to support Paul Cook's Amendments to AB1595

FIND YOU STATE REPRESENTATIVES

http://192.234.213.69/amapsearch/

Paul Cook Assemblymen & author of the bill (Let them know if this is not fixed you will support Gregg Imus for Congress!)

909-790-4196 main office
916-319-2065 Capitol office

V Manuel Perez 80th district Assemblymen (Imperial Valley & Glamis)

760-336-8912 El Centro office (They need more calls!)
916-319-2080 Capitol office (They need more calls!)

Brian Jones 77th district Assemblymen (San Diego County including Anza Borrego & Cleveland National Forest) (Off-Roader himself)

619-441-2322 Santee office
916-319-2077 Capitol office

Juan Vargas District 40 Senator (Cleveland National forest, Anza Borrego & Glamis)

619-409-7690 Chula Vista Office
760-335-3442 El Centro office
916-651-4040 Capitol office

Tim Donnelly District 36 Assemblymen (Hemet, Lucerne valley) OHV Supporter

760-244-5277 Hesperia office
916-319-2059 Capitol Office

Joel Anderson District 36 Senator (El Cajon, Temecula, Cleveland National Forest) OHV Supporter

619-596-3136 El Cajon office

Congressmen Bob Filner 51st district (San Diego, El Centro, Superstition, Glamis, Salton Sea)

(619) 422-5963 San Diego office
(760) 355-8800 Imperial Valley office
(202) 225-8045 Capitol

Assemblymen Connie Conway (San Bernardino)

(559) 636-3440 Main office (Needs more calls)
(916) 319-2034 Capitol office

Senator Bill Emerson (District 37 Riverside County)

(760) 568-0408 Palm Desert office (Needs more calls)
(916) 651-4037 Capitol office (Needs more calls)

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Open 10:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m Eastern Time
800-514-0301 (Long automated message, Dial 7 for assistance)
Or (202) 307-0663

IT'S FRIDAY!! MAKE MORE CALLS!!

I will give you the weekend off from calling!

I called Paul Cook's office this morning. They said we should be seeing some sort of e-mail later today letting everyone know where they are with this. I was told they have finished up most of the wording and are working with 3 other Assemblymen that have bills open. Cook is asking if he can attach this Amendment to one of those bills. http://www.rhinoforums.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=630732

IT'S FRIDAY!! MAKE MORE CALLS!!

I will give you the weekend off from calling!

I called Paul Cook's office this morning. They said we should be seeing some sort of e-mail later today letting everyone know where they are with this. I was told they have finished up most of the wording and are working with 3 other Assemblymen that have bills open. Cook is asking if he can attach this Amendment to one of those bills. http://www.rhinoforums.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=630732

Todd, you are a STUD! Nice work my friend! If we ever meet, beers are on me.

Thanks Joey!

One other thing everyone NEED's to do! Call or stop by your local UTV dealership and let them know about this law. I stopped by Motoworld last night. They knew about this Bill, but had done ZERO research, did not know all the details, and did not know a single phone number to call. I asked if they were telling potential buyers of UTV's about this law. They said No since they did not know the details.

I printed out the list I have been posting and handed it to the GM. I told him he needs to explain to his employees what this law will mean to them, and if it effects sales then they might not need all the staff they currently have.

From Paul Cook's office;

Update on the AB 1595 Fix

I want to provide everyone with an update on the status of the AB 1595 fix. We have a limited window to get any bill passed, so I have been working closely with the Senate and Assembly Transportation Committees on language that can be passed before the legislature adjourns on August 31. I believe I have been able to reach an agreement on two provisions that will guarantee that come January you will still be able to ride with your kids while using aftermarket seats. It will also provide time for a more complete legislative fix next year.
The fix will remove the provision dealing with passengers' feet being required to touch the floorboards and will delay the implementation of the restrictions on aftermarket seats until July 1, 2013. This will give everyone another 11 months to get a more thorough and permanent fix drafted and passed during the next legislative session.
I expect that we will have a bill for this fix by early next week, at which point I will send out an email to all of you with the bill number. I expect this to move through the legislature extremely quickly and should be headed to the governor's desk for signature before the end of session.
I want to thank the American Sand Association, the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division of California's Department of State Parks, the California Off-Road Vehicle Association, and all of the other groups and individuals who have provided assistance to my office in preparing this fix.
Sincerely,
Assemblyman Paul Cook
65th Assembly District

This is NOT acceptable! It look's as is the foot on the floor boards is being removed. But all he is doing is delaying the modified rear seat until July 1, 2013. At that point he is long gone and out of office.

He then says "This will give everyone another 11 months to get a more thorough and permanent fix drafted and passed during the next legislative session."

No all that gives is more time for the lawyers and manufactures to get more support and then they can re-introduce the foot on the floor and modified rear seat issues.

START CALLING AND TELL PAUL COOK THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! THIS IS A STALL TACTIC UNTIL HE IS OUT OF OFFICE AN POSSIBLY IN CONGRESS

THIS JUST MEANS OUR FIGHT WILL CONTINUE THROUGH JULY 1st 2013!
http://www.rhinoforums.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=630860

We have 11 months to get our CRAP together and fight the real fight. We need to tell ASA & CORVA if they dont start supporting us in this fight then they have just become the ENEMY! Because if we dont the Enemy will be ready!

We need to hammer the Manufactures with real threats! We need to tell ROHVA to shove it!

WE NEED TO FIND AN ORG THAT WE CAN ALL PAY $50 -$100 TO AND THEY CAN LAWYER UP AND GO AFTER THESE GUYS.

OK I just got off the phone with Cook's Capitol office. I asked them who is going to take this on once Cook is out of office?

They said their are two or three Assemblymen willing to continue with this next year. One being Manual Perez (District 80 Imperial Valley) someone from District 5 and third she could not tell me as she was not sure of the name.

I asked them to please post who these people are so we will know. She said she expects their office will do so once everything is ready. They want those Assemblymen to be ready for all the calls as Cook has been getting slammed since this broke. She expects who ever takes over fixing this for Cook will be getting hammered by phone calls too.

Assemblymen Brian Jones is a huge OHV guy, I will call him and beg that he considers taking this on.

Todd, I wish I had started this years ago....... Here goes nothing, :)

My wife and I have started an association, OHV Riders Association. It is a large encompassing one. We are not just looking to gain members in the sxs world but anyone that uses an Off Highway Vehicle. We are not asking for money to join, we ask that you register so that we can really start compiling how many of us there are, and what we all like to do. We are hoping to unite all OHV users to create a voice loud enough to be recognized. Help us grow this association!

Thanks Todd for being the first one to register!

http://ohvridersassociation.com/

My wife and I have started an association, OHV Riders Association. It is a large encompassing one. We are not just looking to gain members in the sxs world but anyone that uses an Off Highway Vehicle. We are not asking for money to join, we ask that you register so that we can really start compiling how many of us there are, and what we all like to do. We are hoping to unite all OHV users to create a voice loud enough to be recognized. Help us grow this association!

Done :)

Thanks Joey!

One other thing everyone NEED's to do! Call or stop by your local UTV dealership and let them know about this law. I stopped by Motoworld last night. They knew about this Bill, but had done ZERO research, did not know all the details, and did not know a single phone number to call. I asked if they were telling potential buyers of UTV's about this law. They said No since they did not know the details.

I printed out the list I have been posting and handed it to the GM. I told him he needs to explain to his employees what this law will mean to them, and if it effects sales then they might not need all the staff they currently have.

DONE!! They didn't know anything about this new law...

CalCoast Motorsports, Ventura CA

Done

On the list. It'd be nice to know what the count is...:cool:

Thanks for your hard work!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back