2013 SCORE TECATE Baja 1000 roll call

THE PLASTER CITY RACE IS IN APRIL. CAN'T WAIT. LOTS OF RULES FOR SPECTATING. IT WILL HAVE SHORT COURSE TRACK LIKE THE OLD MINT RACE. LOTS OF GOOD TACOS IN EL CENTRO.
SCORE will be racing in Plaster City. SCORE is also looking at a few Southern California locations to hold a shortcourse Laughlin style race.

11 signed up so far! Looks like we might get 15-20. Super stoked for the toughest UTV race in the northern hemisphere.

For anyone racing, we will have a GPS race course download with PCI notes available before the race. We also have Baja topo maps for your chase teams. You can call us or come see us at contingency to purchase the files or for any last minute racing needs (cath kits?).

Last edited:
17 Ute's signed up so far, making UTV's the 3rd lagest class in the Baja 1000! Un-F-ing real! Super stoked that the best, of the best UTV Pro desert racing teams in the northern hemisphere have rallied for this event. Jagged X, Holz/Coastal, Murry, Cognito, Marc B, Cory S, and the list goes on.

I am thinking we still might get 20 by race day.

Sorry to be a dork, but after spending years trying to get a Pro UTV class in SCORE, this is good stuff! Can't wait to get down to Baja and see all of my friends! Woot...woot! :)

Well, we are going to have our RZR 900 ready and we are signed up for PRO class now... I think it is safe to say the Rhino is retired and the Sportsman class is dead... See you all in a 8 days...

Can someone please explain the rules as far as shock mounting positions and a-arm/trailing arm mounts works... still kinda confused. Can or can't move mounting points???

Nate
Alba Racing

Well, we are going to have our RZR 900 ready and we are signed up for PRO class now... I think it is safe to say the Rhino is retired and the Sportsman class is dead... See you all in a 8 days...

Can someone please explain the rules as far as shock mounting positions and a-arm/trailing arm mounts works... still kinda confused. Can or can't move mounting points???

Nate
Alba Racing

I havent read the rules, but I would think shock points are legal, but a-arm mounts must retain factory geometry...at least its that way in BITD

I am hoping that we have a good race....We're always ready on game day....but never racing in BAJA before has me concerned about our Logistics.

I havent read the rules, but I would think shock points are legal, but a-arm mounts must retain factory geometry...at least its that way in BITD

That's how I took it as well Jim. If anyone else has some insight please share. Thanks.

Nate
Alba Racing

That's how I took it as well Jim. If anyone else has some insight please share. Thanks.

Nate
Alba Racing

Same way I read it. A-arm pick up points need to be in stock location, but you can change the shock mounting. Eg...move the 'layed down' stock Polaris position to a more up right position for motion ratio. My 2 pesos! :)

BTW...just got an email from SCORE about a cut off for class 11 and class 7, due to a silt section on the way to the coast. They asked if any other teams wanted this. They asked at the 250 and the 500 also and we said 'no' and we were just fine. So I am saying that we say no to the cut-off here also. Yes/no? :)

4x4 UTVs will do much better than Class 11 cars, your problem is gonna lie with silt by the time you pass through. Sounds horrid in that area.:cool:

BTW...just got an email from SCORE about a cut off for class 11 and class 7, due to a silt section on the way to the coast. They asked if any other teams wanted this. They asked at the 250 and the 500 also and we said 'no' and we were just fine. So I am saying that we say no to the cut-off here also. Yes/no? :)

Were all in. Its everything or nothing. We can't be asking for less now that we have a PRO class. It sounds terrible, scary and dangerous and we should prove what we think these UTVs can do.

Were all in. Its everything or nothing. We can't be asking for less now that we have a PRO class. It sounds terrible, scary and dangerous and we should prove what we think these UTVs can do.

:D:D:D

10-4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back