Ocotillo to Superstition

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Does anyone have a Garmin GPS track from Ocotillo to Superstition? Wanna do it but need a track to upload

I have it memorized but no gps, maybe going there next weekend if so i will track it a few different ways. dam fun ride

I am looking at the route I hear leaves from behind the Blu Inn or there about and is "legal"

you will have to run through the wash headed south out of the blu inn, and then once you get to the pole line road, follow that was down to the trestle for the gyp mine train. Head east from there along the road, or the trail and you will see a bunch of trails that turn and head toward the dunes for superstition. The easiest way that I have gone is to run down to the pole line road along 78, or far enough off of it that you aren't on the shoulder, and then turn and cross the highway and head south down that pole line. If you drop into the wash along the pole line, it will wind you all the way to the trestle. I don't have it saved on my gps, but I have tracked it a few times.

THE WASH THAT GOES UNDER THE TRESTLE IS A FUN RIDE. IF YOU ARE HEADED TO OCOTILLO WELLS. YOU FOLLOW THE WASH UNTIL YOU REACH A TRAIL GOING UP OUT OF THE WASH & FOLLOW IT OVER TO THE POLE LINE INTO OCOTILLO WELLS. THIS IS EAST OF THE BLU-IN. HEADED SOUTH FROM OCOTILLO WELLS ON THE POLE LINE ROAD. IF YOU CAN FIND A WASH THAT TAKES YOU TO THE EAST TO THE BIG WASH. YOU FOLLOW IT UNTIL YOU GET TO WHERE IT CROSSES THE POLE LINE. (IF YOU KEEP FOLLOWING THE WASH YOU WILL REACH THE TRESTLE IN ABOUT A MILE.) JUMP OUT OF THE WASH & FOLLOW THE POLE LINE UNTIL YOU GET TO A POLE LINE ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF SUPERSTITION & FOLLOW IT INTO SUPERSTITION. I DON'T HAVE ANY GPS POINTS BUT THAT IT IS A FUN RIDE.

I have done this ride with the UTVUG Posse and is a great run. I dont have a GPS but I do remember riding from the wash next to the Blu Inn and then riding south on Pole Line Rd. But last time I had to tow a rhino back which led to my motor blown-up. :mad: Anywho, let me know if you are serious Jason on doin this ride cus Ill join ya bro! :cool:

I love this run...never have done it with GPS, you can totally do it without one as long as you get there and back before sunset. Best way to do this run is to split camp by around 9am, get to superstition, eat lunch, ride for an hour or 2, and head back by around 2-3pm......fun run!

Dan, I'll be in Oco with 3 or 4 Rhinos from either the 27th or 29th through NY's. We will be doing several rides. If you can make it out lets set a date and try this one.

Dan, I'll be in Oco with 3 or 4 Rhinos from either the 27th or 29th through NY's. We will be doing several rides. If you can make it out lets set a date and try this one.

We should be out there about the same time too.

We always do this run and it's awesome!!

We should all try to schedule a ride and or meet up at some point.

Paul, I'll keep tabs on who will be in the area as the dates approach. If it works out I'd love to get about a half dozen or so in on a ride from Oco to Super.

I love this run...never have done it with GPS, you can totally do it without one as long as you get there and back before sunset. Best way to do this run is to split camp by around 9am, get to superstition, eat lunch, ride for an hour or 2, and head back by around 2-3pm......fun run!
IT IS A LITTLE EERIE @ NIGHT BUT STILL LOTS OF FUN. I LOVE THE WASH FROM THE TRESTLE. IF YOU HEAD TO THE SOUTHWEST FROM THE TRESTLE, DOWN THE WASH. IT TAKES YOU TO A PRETTY GOOD LITTLE HILL YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO CLIMB.

Yeah for sure. I dont have plans yet for NY so this could work-out for me! :D After seein your video, I am itchin to head out there!! Let me know for sure on the exact date as it approches and well see from there bro!

its about 30 miles one way take san felipe wash south two were it igets really narrow then hopp out of the wash in the same direction to pole line. follow that all the way to the next wash crossing, go through the was to the ohter side and follow the trail all the way to superstion, pretty easy ride you can see superstion the hole way so its hard to get lost. its is a straight shot once you cross the lsat wash.this is the way i go when i was testing for doing desert bike racing.

This sounds like its going to be a huge UTV underground weekend!
We will be out there for about 5 days just after X-mas.

We will be @ the UNDERGROUND COMPOUND!

Okay guys.. for those interested. Lets shoot for a 9:30AM leave from Oco from my camp on the 30th. I camp off the 22 side. For those on the 78 side be ready by say 10am to jump in and roll out. I'll post up the GPS cords of my camp later. Should be a good ride. Bring gas/ice/bevs. This will be a fast paced ride so if you wanna count lizards you may wanna pass.

Moss if all else fails call me I make that run all the time we do have it on GPS Just dont know how to get it to your gps, we will have about 6 or more utvs at super already so we will have to meeet up, real fun ride and very simple "during the day" can get tricking if first time at night but vcan be done, it would be like our truckhaven trip, eventually you will find your way back. Hope to see all youguys over the Holidays, lets put something together.:cool::cool:

U know it danny just give me a call you have my number

we have t shirts, hats, sweatshirts, flags all OOOOGGGGGG:D:D:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back