All UTV's Attention Fabracators!!!!!

I checked chassisshop.com and they only have them down to 1 1/2.

If you have a 3" Center Line Radius Die and you bend a 180* hoop in 1" tube, then you will have an approximate inside measurement of 5" between the tubes.

3" CLR is a 6" diameter, so a 180* bend in the tube would be 6" on center, minus 1/2" on each side for the tube to get the inside measurement of 5", not 2".

BigJim is asking for a 1" tube on a 2" radius which would be a 4" diameter, on center, when bent to 180*. That would approximately leave a 3" opening.

You also have to take into account the calibrated radius for material stretch and any variances in the physical die size so you will probably end up with an opening around 3.25".

a master right there, great post ZT. rep up

BTW Jim, Alumicraft does not have one either, I checked though.

Thanks ZT. Next time I will post all the calculations so you can't steal my love :) j/k

Hmmm...We did some math wrong somewhere:confused: A 4" radius would have left us a 3" opening

A 4" CLR will leave you a 7" opening using 1" tube

The 3.5" die that a lot of us use will give you a 6" opening.

This is all assuming you are bending the oval like in the pic which is a 180° bend

Actually what I was looking for was a 4" opening...which would be a 2.5" radius. That would have left me with .312 of gap above and below the LED. A little tight but I wanted it as tight as possible:(Reguardless it doesnt look like I can acheive exactly what I want.....story of my life.... Thanks for all the help guys

Something like this is out of the question?

Attachments

• RGDL30-3.JPG
    RGDL30-3.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 10
youre a pain in the ass biggjim... when you are ready to do some gangster ish to that rhino hit me up. :D

in 1" tubing our mandrel bender can do 2", 2.5" and 3" and our ercolina can do a 4" lemme know what you need give us a call

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back