2013 SCORE TECATE Baja 1000 roll call

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Ok, we are just over two months away from the biggest, longest desert race in the northern hemisphere...the SCORE TECATE Baja 1000. We as SxS racers have been been asking SCORE for years for a Pro UTV class and now we have one. We have had great turn outs for the 250 and the 500.

Sooooo...who is in for the 1000? Can we get 15 Utes? 20? 30? :)

(Please, please, please BadazzMav, don't turn this into a brag, bet, negative thread...please)

To funny. On a different note, cant wait to be down in Mexico in Nov. See you down there Matt. Should be a blast! Hope there is a good turnout. If not we will find a way to keep it exciting.

Not that many people care, but we will be there with the Rhino for possibly its last SCORE race... don't think the XP is going to be ready in time.

Nate
Alba Racing

Not that many people care, but we will be there with the Rhino for possibly its last SCORE race... don't think the XP is going to be ready in time.

Nate
Alba Racing

Dang Nate...we care! UTV Vatos unite!

Looks like Holz and Cognito might also show. Going to be fun! SCORE chit-canned the IRC system and now has a new one. SPOT and another thing...all self contained. You should be able to track the whole race from the SCORE website.

What is the entry fee running for the 1000?

UTV's are tier 3 which is something like $2700 + $290 for the new (non-IRC :)) tracker. Plus every guy must be a SCORE member. It is spendy, but it is 922 miles. Some of the bike teams are selling 150 mile sections, for ahem...$2500 per.

Just got signed up! We should have an excellent turn out!.

Come on Cognito, Madazzbav, Holz, Cory, Hans, Rito, Lansky, Murry, etc. Get in there and get registered!
This is the B A J A 1 0 0 0 ! :)

Pro UTV class now has four signed up with the addition S. Cook. I honestly think we can get to 20+ entries this year.
Still to come...Hans, Burnett, Murry, Cognito, Sappington, Holz, Lansky, the other Tonka team, Graves, Rito and Jerome, plus local Baja hot shoes, guys from Bend OR, WA state guys, etc......and others???

http://score-international.com/baja-1000-entry-list

No advice on spectating until the map comes out. As of now you just need to get some reservations and show for contingency and the start. Rumors have the course going from Ensenada...to Ojos...to Laguna Salada...Borego...San Felipe...Coco's...up the Pacific side to Catavina...El Rosario...San Quitin...Coyote, Valle T, and back.
922 miles of B A J A!!! Wish those DAKAR bad asses would show. This ain't 'Tera Cross' girls! Can't wait :)

Of course the Desert Toyz Team will be there! Me and my teammate Eric Fitch will be sharing the driving. We will have a new navigator joining the team Cassy Fitch, Eric's sister. This will be her first race! She will be in the maverick for 100 miles! All joining us this race is Jason Fraiser and his crew. He will be a back up driver. Can't wait to go to Mexico!!! :D
Whats the deal with the new tracking? Do we need to buy a fixation kit?

Of course the Desert Toyz Team will be there! Me and my teammate Eric Fitch will be sharing the driving. We will have a new navigator joining the team Cassy Fitch, Eric's sister. This will be her first race! She will be in the maverick for 100 miles! All joining us this race is Jason Fraiser and his crew. He will be a back up driver. Can't wait to go to Mexico!!! :D
Whats the deal with the new tracking? Do we need to buy a fixation kit?

There is nothing on the SCORE website regarding an install kit. My guess is that both devices are battery powered and self contained. My guess is that the tracker will be in a Pelican box and the Spot is dust/water resistant. You will still be running your blue transponder. Hopefully it will be quick and easy...eg, zip ties to your cage or window nets, with no hard wiring and external antennas. But again I am just speculating.

SCORE updates the entry lists on Fridays and assuming you (Cory Sappington) sign up this week, that should bring us to 6. Still hoping for 20+ entries. Need to get Lansky, Cognito, Bend OR guys, Glazcraft, Burnett, and the herd of Cats signed up. Maybe even Greg Row.

Ok, we are just over two months away from the biggest, longest desert race in the northern hemisphere...the SCORE TECATE Baja 1000. We as SxS racers have been been asking SCORE for years for a Pro UTV class and now we have one. We have had great turn outs for the 250 and the 500.

Sooooo...who is in for the 1000? Can we get 15 Utes? 20? 30? :)

(Please, please, please BadazzMav, don't turn this into a brag, bet, negative thread...please)
In.

Just got signed up! We should have an excellent turn out!.

Come on Cognito, Madazzbav, Holz, Cory, Hans, Rito, Lansky, Murry, etc. Get in there and get registered!
This is the B A J A 1 0 0 0 ! :)

Is it 1 big loop or multiple smaller loops?

1 ginormous loop ehh?

can it be done with 2 chase trucks? Or have to see when the map comes out?

When does the map come out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back