Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

I don't think they are bumping on purpose. I think the hard smashes we saw this race was because how fast the trucks could go on this course. A TT or Class 1 is running 30 to 40 mph faster than a UTV. The UTV kicks up major dust. I could see a truck charging hard in the dust of a UTV no knowing it's a UTV. Once they see it's a slow moving vehicle (it's too late).

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

I guess that KC blue light is more of a beacon then a blocker lol

I hope the utv get to do the parker450 and be part of the 4wheel class then the parker150 which all the utv get shorted because of the 4wheel class pre fun run the next day.

I don't think they are bumping on purpose. I think the hard smashes we saw this race was because how fast the trucks could go on this course. A TT or Class 1 is running 30 to 40 mph faster than a UTV. The UTV kicks up major dust. I could see a truck charging hard in the dust of a UTV no knowing it's a UTV. Once they see it's a slow moving vehicle (it's too late).

There lies the entire problem. Hell it could be a UTV, it could be a Quad or a MC. It could be a MC following a slow moving 4-wheeler.

It could be anything. If your not in control of YOUR vehicle. Its YOUR fault! Not what ever or who ever is in front of you.

The blue lights are able to be seen through the dust. And if the proximity sensors worked or had batteries it's a different ballgame. They are changing the format so this will NEVER happen again. Thank God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will happen again. Pistol Pete breaks down every time he races. He pulls to the side and preps his truck. Then takes off with hair in his eyes and no common sense. You can't fix stupid. I have seen drivers 5 hours behind the leaders and they still think they are in it.

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

How about ZERO Technology. Technology is the current problem weather anyone really wants to admit it or not, Most Teams TT an all the way down to the Golf Carts, LOL. are all running Blind in the Dust PERIOD. So if they Ban the GPS and make drivers have to really drive and see where there going it will be safer for all. and make it a real Race of Talent.:eek:

Technology is not to blame. That's like blaming the fork for making me fat. GPS is a tool nothing more, nothing less. It's on driver and co driver to make the right decisions.

Exactly - its the "I can charge thru the dust with out vision" attitude thats the issue. Most would not do it on the hiway with their family on board, but its fine in a race track?
Its not new either. 10yrs ago we got blasted by an unltd car in our 7s - driver charging thru dust was pissed we were "going too slow" - never mind it was blinding dust, and we were 50' off the side of the course to avoid traffic.
An attitude change is what is really needed.

Technology is not to blame. That's like blaming the fork for making me fat. GPS is a tool nothing more, nothing less. It's on driver and co driver to make the right decisions.

BS, Really... Joey Its the biggest problem, Damn Racers are driving by a screen and and not able to see anything in the Dust. Don't try and defend the GPS. I hear this conversation out there about it and people are talking about it as a problem.
What the hell is so safe about the GPS allowing a driver and co driver not being able to see shit on the course yet barely see the hood of there truck. just pin it and Hope for the best. So the Right decision of the driver co driver would be to slow down to a safe and prudent speed but they are not slowing down at all. So I guess the next time we go out to the Ocean to run ,By your Flawed Logic to make the "RIGHT" decision when Racing over to Catalina in a Fog bank we will floor the Boat and drive by the GPS when we cant see anything. Or drive safe and reasonable for our safety and the safety of others but lose the Race cause were going to slow. We all know whats gonna happen. Floor it cross your fingers and hang the Hell on cause its going to be Scary.

Technology is a good and bad thing. For tracking the teams its Good. Letting Ray Charles and a co Driver Loose in a Trophy truck with GPS not so GOOD.

Casey even called out the TT and 1 drivers in the drivers meeting to not drive off of GPS in zero visibility.

It's the evolution of the sport. In order to be competitive you must drive, at times, strictly by GPS. Like it or not, it's reality. IMHO it's the technology that has made things dicey and unsafe. It's the decisions by the drivers and co-pilots to win at all costs. I'd rather take a 2nd place finish in the v2r then nerf a guy and he ends up wadding his car up flushing all the countless hours of work to get the car ready for the race.

"Nothing comes good from ill gotten gains"

Casey even called out the TT and 1 drivers in the drivers meeting to not drive off of GPS in zero visibility.

Did you hear how some people snickered, or was it just the people I was standing around?

Yeah Its a known Problem and until some Poor Soul is Killed by Some Team that's driving Blind Not Much will change Lets Just hope nobody gets Killed. Im not sure on the Underwriting of the Insurance for the Racing series for BITD but as soon as the underwriters learn how the Drivers are racing out there basically blindfolded they will Shit themselves and BITD will have nothing. Maybe they don't have any kind of insurance now I have no idea but I have been around long enough to know how Shit goes down hill. Just watch and see.
Just like the driver Ward that got hit on the race track by Stewart as soon as I saw that I told my Buddy that Race track rules are going to clamp down on drivers about Exiting a race car unless its smoking or on Fire. the Rules are there but were never enforced much, now Wards dead and Tony Stewart will live with that for the rest of his life. So would you want to be in a Trophy truck and hit somebody in the silt bed cause your flying along watching your 42 wide screen Gps and the Guy or guys Die. I wouldn't want that on My conscience. :eek:

Its a simple easy fix Take out the GPS. Get back to the Basics and let the real drivers and co drivers shine.:D

BS, Really... Joey Its the biggest problem, Damn Racers are driving by a screen and and not able to see anything in the Dust. Don't try and defend the GPS. I hear this conversation out there about it and people are talking about it as a problem.

What the hell is so safe about the GPS allowing a driver and co driver not being able to see shit on the course yet barely see the hood of there truck. just pin it and Hope for the best. So the Right decision of the driver co driver would be to slow down to a safe and prudent speed but they are not slowing down at all. So I guess the next time we go out to the Ocean to run ,By your Flawed Logic to make the "RIGHT" decision when Racing over to Catalina in a Fog bank we will floor the Boat and drive by the GPS when we cant see anything. Or drive safe and reasonable for our safety and the safety of others but lose the Race cause were going to slow. We all know whats gonna happen. Floor it cross your fingers and hang the Hell on cause its going to be Scary.

Technology is a good and bad thing. For tracking the teams its Good. Letting Ray Charles and a co Driver Loose in a Trophy truck with GPS not so GOOD.

Driving blind in dust by GPS is dangerous. Driving blind in dust with no GPS is just as dangerous if not more.

Take out the GPS and break down, how the F do you tell your crew where you are? Use IRC? Yeah let's inundate our safety system with broken trannys and ruined drive shafts.

Essentially what you want is to go back in time. What the sport needs is more education and maybe a licensing system but going back on valuable and efficient technology because a handful of people drive blind and out of control potentially is just stupid. Could you imagine 300 race vehicles on course with no GPS now? lol your argument is like pissing in the wind. No way BITD or SCORE would EVER entertain that concept. The logistics of recovery and the strain on communicating intel via safety trackers would be retarded. This isn't 1980.

Take out the GPS and break down, how the F do you tell your crew where you are? Use IRC? Yeah let's inundate our safety system with broken trannys and ruined drive shafts.

I get your point but this is not a good example. None of the handlebar racers have GPS's to look at and we still manage to radio our crew or BITD when we break down and provide our location. We also use the stuck stubs. I go off the last mile marker I saw, if I can't remember I walk back and find one. I've also ran with a small GPS in my camelback and pulled it out to get my location.

GPS's aren't going anywhere, everyone is too addicted to racing blind with them.

Driving blind in dust by GPS is dangerous. Driving blind in dust with no GPS is just as dangerous if not more.

Essentially what you want is to go back in time. What the sport needs is more education and maybe a licensing system but going back on valuable and efficient technology because a handful of people drive blind and out of control potentially is just stupid. Could you imagine 300 race vehicles on course with no GPS now? lol your argument is like pissing in the wind. No way BITD or SCORE would EVER entertain that concept. The logistics of recovery and the strain on communicating intel via safety trackers would be retarded. This isn't 1980.
I wonder how DAKAR uses no GPS and does it for 14 days must be old school just saying. Or just maybe they are not voluteers running the course its employees. Not pointing a finger but someone needs to step up don't you think.

I get your point but this is not a good example. None of the handlebar racers have GPS's to look at and we still manage to radio our crew or BITD when we break down and provide our location. We also use the stuck stubs. I go off the last mile marker I saw, if I can't remember I walk back and find one. I've also ran with a small GPS in my camelback and pulled it out to get my location.

GPS's aren't going anywhere, everyone is too addicted to racing blind with them.

Joey did you read something somewhere that I said take away all Gps Tech. Nope I believe there are safe uses for it for sure and Like the Handlebar guys do they have portable units and what not. And Yes Joey they do all drive Blind and fast with GPS only.

Maybe your fork example for technological advances works for you and your Shoveling of food into your face but the Only person that's gonna die from that is YOU. So Maybe you need to make a 1000 year, old school decision to slow your shoveling down and do like the Japanese and Chinese.(not many Fattys over there) Get some Chop Sticks. That's a simple fix. but it still works safely. Hehehe

Hey I can shovel really good with chop sticks too. Lol I mean really good!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back