so we figured why not try torque..

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
were gonna see how this goes. 1100 cc shaft drive motor swap, im thinkin the first problem is gonna be axles.?

Attachments

• DSC03604.JPG
    DSC03604.JPG
    822.1 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC03605.JPG
    DSC03605.JPG
    855.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC03606.JPG
    DSC03606.JPG
    857.3 KB · Views: 72
What are you using for a rear end? If thats a V-max (which it may not be), the driveshaft spins the wrong way for the stock yamaha Rear end.

Your going to need the Gear One axles and centerboard hubs to harness that power..

honda, Cool. I didnt think it looked like a Vmax. What do I know. :) That thing is going to move.

yeah troy, amazing huh..!
its a yamaha motor, we have thought about this for a while and actually we were gonna swap two race rhinos with ducati 990 motors, however thats a different story. this is definently simple so far, the seats will also remain in the stock location. there is alot more space around the v than a 4 cyl. inline motor. we just ran into a minor problem but i think weve got it figured out, ill keep you guys posted with pics.

yeah for sure i will have some in a bit, what do you think about using the stock rear diff chris.?

...ummm, an air cooled 1100cc cruiser v-twin? I am thinking maybe 50 hp? My concerns are that you need to keep it cool and that you can make a Kroyer Polaris or a Muzzy Kaw have way more hp (eg 40% more) with way less $$$ of a complete re-powering of a UTV. Sorry for the comment, but I guess I don't get it. :eek:

yeah im not sure what the power exactly is, might be a flop but hey for a free bike and three days worth of time, why not try... i think it will still be kick as* to be able to shift gears. and well get some ductwork to the motor for air

...ummm, an air cooled 1100cc cruiser v-twin? I am thinking maybe 50 hp? My concerns are that you need to keep it cool and that you can make a Kroyer Polaris or a Muzzy Kaw have way more hp (eg 40% more) with way less $$$ of a complete re-powering of a UTV. Sorry for the comment, but I guess I don't get it. :eek:

for way less, are you kidding?

this thing will run strong is my guess. put a large fan in the tunnel.

this thing will have plenty of torque also.

good luck on this build.

Rog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back