All UTV's Rhino Crash

Hobie164

Hobie164
Crashed my Rhino good at Pala on Saturday. Aside from the cage damage that you can see which isnt to big a deal as I built it all the driver side lower rear square frame tube just after the bend is taco'd pretty good. I am hoping some torch work and a bottle jack will get it straight and then I can reinforce it and brace it all up.

View attachment 1382
View attachment 1383
View attachment 1384

Attachments

• Rhino1.JPG
    Rhino1.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Rhino2.JPG
    Rhino2.JPG
    670.7 KB · Views: 112
  • rhino3.JPG
    612.6 KB · Views: 99
sucks but thats what its all about you break it fix it better lol good luck bro

That is the plan, It was inevitable that it was going to happen at some point and I am fine other than being a little sore so that is good! I have some ideas for the rebuild already so I am getting excited for that.

I was out at pala testing for the worcs race as i have not drove much over summer. After a few sessions I was doing all the jumps except for one table top step downish jump and I figured I had it. I squared up the corner for a little extra speed and it bucked me, I shoveled the front did 3 front flips and a small twist. I was going pretty fast and since it was a step down I hit really hard, as you can see.

Hey Hobie, where you been hiding. Bummer about the car.

I kind of fell off the map over summer, To hot for this stuff and I finally graduated college and got a real job. Went from all the free time in the world to no free time at all. I will probably be off the map again for a month or so while I get this all taken care of.

At this point I am thinking of just doing a complete ground up chassis. I am sick of dealing with the dumb frame. I have a few other ideas I may try as well. I will post some more pictures of the damage as soon as I get it down to frame only, should be this weekend at the latest.

Educated & employed, your ahead of the curve Hobie, good for you.

Look forward to the pics

glad you are OK.

cut off that front section in front of the lower a-arms pivots, she won't dig in no more and when you gas it, it will pull you out of that easier.

Rog

I am definitely going to take that box out and I have a few other ideas that may help. I need to get home and get the thing down to the frame so I can really take a look and reevaluate what I need to do so this doesn't happen again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back