Prowler XTZ 3.0 Buildup

Thanks Joey, that means alot coming from a man that has owned some of the best out there...

your gonna have to post up a video for us to see it in action......:D

I will as soon as I get the engine back in it. I had problem with the oiling system that caused the bearings to cavitate and lost the bottom end. Should have the engine back in within the next week. I'm scheduled to run the NM 200 Desert Race with it August 6th, so it's up against the wall...not so sure about the V2R though until I get things back together...

But before it lost the bearings, the acceleration was extremely impressive. The mods done to the motor mirror what the new Wildcat engine has for the most part. Those twin Muzzys with the custom headers sure sounded good...

Had to mix it up some... decided on a new look for it... and time for repping the UTVUG....

Before the Team Arctic Stickers went on.. (had to put the important ones on first - UTVUnderGround)..
IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Wow Darryl!! This bad boy is coming along nice!!!! I hope to see you get it dirty soon!!! Thanks for all the love!

WooHoo, ran my test track on the back lot today... the car has more body roll than I was hoping for, looks like a good swaybar is in order. But his thing rocks... took the rough stuff like it was on glass, took the jumps so smooth the you couldn't tell when the tires were hitting the ground.

I'm taking it to a short course and jump off event this weekend in Cortez CO. We'll see how it does there.
Here's a pic of one of the jumps to give you an idea of the course we'll be running. I'll post up videos on Sunday if I survive..LOL

Nice pre-runner running the course
250510_10150199319963460_507528459_7033855_362460_n.jpg

small tabletop...
249547_10150198985688460_507528459_7031637_7654388_n.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

My daughter in front of the car at a recent off-road show...
315463_10150312989253912_536028911_8042931_662661248_n.jpg

Certainly looks the heat Daryl and the car doesn't look bad either!! lol

I'll pop over to the testing thread now. Really impressive amount of work and the work into those swing arms was sweet.

Fantastic concept and design, hope you'll be making a few guys cry into their seconf place cups next year!

Certainly looks the heat Daryl and the car doesn't look bad either!! lol

I'll pop over to the testing thread now. Really impressive amount of work and the work into those swing arms was sweet.

Fantastic concept and design, hope you'll be making a few guys cry into their seconf place cups next year!

We can hope, thanks.

Darryl,

That is the SICKEST cat I have seen!! Great job!!!

Cant wait to see some video!

Cheers,
Brett

Darryl,

That is the SICKEST cat I have seen!! Great job!!!

Cant wait to see some video!

Cheers,
Brett

thanks Brett, just hope it keeps up with your Teryx and the others...LOL

Still being worked on and tested, but these are some vids of the first day of running it.

PROWLER PROJECTS :: MVI_0278.mp4 video by DarrylD89 - Photobucket

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG4NH6wZg0o&feature=player_profilepage"]Test and Tune Day 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onVb-R2l1K0"]Test and Tune Day 1a - YouTube[/ame]

vlcsnap-2011-10-23-21h47m46s73.jpg

Finally have an in-car video of one of the test sessions... we found a slight bit of drift in the rear tracking and burned a belt, but it still ran great. The car was extremely stable, even when I hit the bad kicker bump at 6:12 in the video. The car went partially sideways at 65mph+, but came to a stop fairly straight (and in time to not hit the tree, that woulda hurt).
Love those King Off-Road Racing Shocks, they soaked up big hits, smoothed out the roller whoops and kept the tires stable...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw6xlu7zfGY&feature=plcp"]Testing the Prowler 6-10-12 Glade Highline - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back