PRO ARMOR/SCRANTON BOYS RACE CAT BUILD!!!

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Here is what we got going on at a top secret location just outside Lake Elsinore, CA. My brother/driver (Tommy Scranton), our mechanic/fabricator (Bryce Moulton), and I decided to cut down the Arctic Cat backed race Wildcat and put him on a little diet... We are aiming to be at least 140lbs below stock weight! We shouldn't have any problems running up front at the next WORCS Race. Tommy did great last race running an amazing 3rd place until our rear axle nut broke off and he did not finish the last lap, but still passed enough people to pull 14th out of about 25 cars.... Now we have... pretty much a whole new car coming for round 3. We call the car "Simba" because this Wildcat is soon to be the LION KING.... haha I will try to keep this updated as much as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_3118.JPG
    IMG_3118.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3107.JPG
    IMG_3107.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Thanks! We are also trying to give this Cat more shape by giving a little spine on the roof and not doing one big EASY to build flat roof. The center roof tube rises just a slight 2" in the front. This is going to be strictly designed to compete in the Production Pro UTV Class in WORCS.

I do want to give a HUGE thanks to Pro Armor, Arctic Cat, GBC Tires, Speedwerx, Yoshimura, Motul, 509Films, and Alba Racing for the awesome wave rotor kit! Which I will post pics of the install...

Thanks! We are also trying to give this Cat more shape by giving a little spine on the roof and not doing one big EASY to build flat roof. The center roof tube rises just a slight 2" in the front.

Looks good, i never really liked the way the cat looked, pretty funky.
Raising the center of the roof will for sure be more of a challenge than a flat roof panel. Welding, english wheel, hammer. Better make a spare just in case. Looking forward to see the outcome.

I really appreciate the feedback guys!

Anybody know if we go with fuel cell, will it lighten it much or at all? To me it does not seem like it will lighten it much?

Here is what we got going on at a top secret location just outside Lake Elsinore, CA. My brother/driver (Tommy Scranton), our mechanic/fabricator (Bryce Moulton), and I decided to cut down the Arctic Cat backed race Wildcat and put him on a little diet... We are aiming to be at least 140lbs below stock weight! We shouldn't have any problems running up front at the next WORCS Race. Tommy did great last race running an amazing 3rd place until our rear axle nut broke off and he did not finish the last lap, but still passed enough people to pull 14th out of about 25 cars.... Now we have... pretty much a whole new car coming for round 3. We call the car "Simba" because this Wildcat is soon to be the LION KING.... haha I will try to keep this updated as much as possible.
Is that the new suspension seat Tommy has there? LOL Nice work as always!

Here are some more pics of our progress...

Round #1 Dirt Series starts this Sunday! Shakedown

Meet us at the track.... it's goin' down!

Attachments

• photo7.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 94
  • photo8.PNG
    photo8.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    524.5 KB · Views: 88
  • photo10.JPG
    photo10.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 77
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 91
And here is SIMBA all one color. He will be getting assembled the next couple days. We have more pics to come soon, so stay tuned and subscribe to this thread... follow us faster on instagram at #scranton_boys

Huge thanks to Pro Armor, Arctic Cat, GBC Tires, Motul, Alba Racing, Speedwerx, Yoshimura and all else who has helped us this year!

Attachments

• photo9.PNG
    photo9.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
More pics coming tomorrow. If you are in the area (Lake Elsinore) on Sunday then come out to the track and check out the Dirt Series races. We will have this Wildcat there for a shake down before the 3rd Round of WORCS.

Thanx!!

Yeah sure, we just got the chocks back from Walker Evans and now they have better valving and new eibach dual spring set ups. That first testing will go down on Sunday too. haha see ya out there!

Yeah sure, we just got the chocks back from Walker Evans and now they have better valving and new eibach dual spring set ups. That first testing will go down on Sunday too. haha see ya out there!
Cool... should be good!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back