M4SX R-8

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
If you missed the last round of the year you missed a good on. The racing in EVERY class was great. Seriously, every class.

UTV Class champs
Pro-
1st RJ Anderson
2nd Doug Mittag
3rd Brent Fouch

Am-
1st Code Rahders
2nd Gary Thompson
3rd John Dempsy

Since Code had the points wrapped up in the Am class at R7 we signed him up for Pro at R8.

Extra special THANKS to Jason Weller and Weller Racing for proving the last shovel full of dirt hasent been thrown on the Rhino single cylinder just yet.
Weller powered Rhinos went 1-2 in the Amature class series points and after some great battles with Gary Thompson, John Dempsy, Brent Fouch, Code raced his 760 single from 5th to 2nd in the Pro class, makes you wonder how he finish if he had a twin?? Great race and a great year.

Also, special thanks go out to Ken & Travis of M4SX. Two local guys that came up with a plan and in 3 years took local short track racing from MX facilitys to a professional venue at a grassroots price. Thanks guys.

Last, Corry Weller showed up with her SR1 (R1 powered Rhino) and drove it from the last row to 3rd overall last night, which was also her 3rd time ever driving the car, practice was the first, so I think she did pretty good.
If you have an old Rhino race car sitting around this kit is the answer, there are 6...maybe Corry should talk about that but it is an awsome set up and sounds badass.

Thanks to the people that supported us along the way in 09.
Hard Bargin(the fist), Hernandez Construction, Frosty Burger in Pine Valley, Jason & Corry of Weller Racing, Makita Power Tools, The UTVunderground, Dave @ Buggy Works in Santee, One Ind.Blais Racing Services, ProComm, and Bobby VanBeekum, Joey D, & RJ Anderson after that whole SR debacle.

Honorable shout out to SDHQ for building an awsome chassis, Lonestar Suspension, Fox Racing Shocks, Steve Chase at MakinTrax for giving Code a chance, Cory Prescot, mom for writing the checks, ME, ME ME ME for the prep, and my son Cody.

Thanks.

DSC04237_edited.jpg

DSC04222_edited.jpg

DSC04220.jpg

DSC04219.jpg

DSC04231.jpg

DSC04235.jpg

DSC04234_edited.jpg

DSC04251.jpg

FIN
DSC04147.jpg

Great job Code!!! Sorry we missed all of you last night......Bummed we couldnt be there......Congrats to all who ran this round and to all who ran the entire series!!!! Great Work!!!!

Gary thompson has both weller and benchmark performance parts in it, just to set the record straight. Brent fouch, and Dempsey's kawis are also Benchmark motors.

COngrats to Code, and RJ for the championships, and to all other Top finishers.:cool:

Rog

Nice Roger, thanks for the complimant but this was not a Weller vs. Benchmark post, I was just thanking my sons sponsors who were there for us in 2009.

As for Gary lets ask him whats inside his engine these days.

Thanks so much for the "thanks", Doug!! It was awesome being there to watch Code finish up his season with such a great finish!! You guys are a great family and it's so cool to have you in this sport! Code is a great driver and he will go far!! We are proud to have him rep us anytime!!

We had a great time at this last round, and my SR1 Rhino did awesome for it's first time out into the world of shortcourse! No problems whatsoever - it was just really fun to be allowed to mix it up with the UTV's (thanks to you guys for pushing to allow me onto the track with you one more time this year!) and to drive something with such a totally different type of power/drive train! Me and the Prowler 1000's had a fun little race going for a while!

A huge thanks to Ken and Travis and the rest of the crew - the crowd was awesome, the racing was probably some of the best all year, and M4SX really went out of their way to make us feel at home! From registration, to tech, to the track - everyone was just super accomodating and great to deal with!

This series has come a long ways.....we are happy to have been a part of it, and with Ken and Travis at the helm, I am sure 2010 will be even more off the hook! Can't wait!!!

Congrats to the champs for 2009!! RJ drove his a** off, and has a killer new Holtz/Walker RZR! Code looked amazing out there and held down the fort for us Rhino racers!! :) It was good seeing everyone else as well - we have a good group of racers in this series!! Gary, sorry again about your nerf bar!!

Hope to see you all again next season!! Thanks again for a great year this year!! :)

I'd also like to thank Weller Racing for all the work on my Rhino (it's a bionic Rhino now!) and for driving out with me to all the races! XMF for the toughest suspension kit out there (Stronger than the walls at Bank One Ballpark!), Walker Evans for my awesome, beefy shocks and always willing to lend a hand! The Tilted Kilt who has stepped up for me in a HUGE way this season and has the best "Scottish Cheesesteak" sandwiches ever! K&N, Simpson Racing (love my drivers suit!), Parker Pumper/HJC, OMF, Induced Fabrication (nerf bars are job security), and HCR. UTVUnderground for giving us racers so much love and exposure!! Lorenz Studios for the best pics in the business! My kids, my hubby, fans and all the supporters of the sport!! And if I forgot anybody, I'm sorry - it's been a long drive home! lol!

I didnt make it to this race, but just wanted to say that the weller R-1 rhino is one of the coolest sounding machines I have ever heard. you could hear it all through the pits at snowflake. Very cool. Glad it was reliable and congrats to Corry for a great finish.

I wish i had made more than 1 race this year, but motor problems, work and family stuff kept me away. It was the funnest thing I have ever done though. Thanks to M4SX. Hope to try it again next year.

Thanks to all of you this season who ran our stickers, wore our shirts, and supported the Underground! It was our pleasure to take those pictures, write those articles, and be in the pits with you sharing laughs and good times. You guys make it all worth it and I cant say thank you enough for all the return love we have recieved. We cant wait to see you all again soon!!!!!

Thanks Corry/Weller Racing, Doug/Code, Team XMF Bobby, Austin, Court, MotoGary Thompson, Brady Wilkins, RJ Anderson/Walker Evans Racing, Tyler Winbury/Team Wagon Burners, Ken and Travis @ M4SX and the Dirt Alliance, and all the racers, fans, members, and companies who continue to make UTVUnderground.com the hottest site in the UTV world!!!!! Its only the beggining!!!

M4SX Round 8 UTV Main, shot in 2 parts due to size.

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYGf5nAA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="720" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYGf6EYA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="720" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Last edited:
Gary thompson has both weller and benchmark performance parts in it, just to set the record straight. Brent fouch, and Dempsey's kawis are also Benchmark motors.

COngrats to Code, and RJ for the championships, and to all other Top finishers.:cool:

Rog
my motor is a weller motor 760 and the only thing thats bench mark is the head with well er cam and a big thank you to jason weller for all the help with this motor and for always being thete at the races :D im looking for some sponcers for next year gary

Your the man Gary!! great job this year and thanks for your suuport of the Underground! I fixed your title by the way!

Any other plans for your rhino this next season?

DSC_1304.jpg

What a great way to wrap up the season, RD 8 was awesome! Thanks M4SX for giving us the place to race and of coarse a huge thanks to the underground for being there to cover it, you guys rock.

Congrats Code, you put in a good run every round and last night i couldnt get you out of my mirror! ALso i'd like to give a shout out to brent fouch for getting that kawi power to the ground, you were ripping! Id like to thank my sponsors for helping me get through this season with a special thanks to WAlker Evans Racing and my dad. ALso Scott Rehn for letting me beat the crap out of his trophy kart, I had the time of my life out there! You dont happen to have that on video by any chance do you doug? Anyways this was a great year and i hope to keep seeing all the same faces at the track

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back