King of the Hammers UTV Rules Announced

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Special rules concerning UTV classes for Hammerking Productions.
Rules Apply in their entirety with the following exceptions, please review all Hammerking Productions rules regarding general safety, Protocol, and event rules and regulations 1.0-22.0. In addition Hammerking Appendix A is to be used in cooperation with the following exceptions.
22.2A
All vehicles are to be modified and readily available manufactured for sale UTV’s to the general market. Special construction vehicles are not to be considered for racing in the UTV events. Special Construction Vehicles may consider entry into the King of the Hammers and related series, but do not fall under this addendum. Engines are to be of the type offered for sale from the manufacture and located in the stock location, and configuration.
22.2B
Engine modifications are unlimited, Superchargers, or Turbo chargers are not permitted.
22.2C
Fuel systems shall be complete and unmodified OEM or fuel cell configuration only.
Refer to 17.0 for modified fuel system requirements.
22.2D
Safety equipment shall reference section 19.0 except as follows
D.1
Stock UTV floorboards are acceptable
D.2
Stock UTV seats are not approved
D.3
Doors must have 'X', 'A' or Ladder design bracing in door area.

Doors that latch and/or open and close are not allowed. Doors must be pinned shut with secondary latch system.

D.4
All UTV vehicles must utilize the stock chassis configuration and maintain stock appearance. The chassis may be modified for durability and strength but must retain the stock width, length, and configuration.

All body parts must remain on the vehicle (accidental damage excluded) during the entire length of race.
The roof must be covered with sheet metal or aluminum.

D.5
FUEL FILLER SPLASHGUARD REQUIRED; section 17.10
The intent of the splashguard is to keep fuel from being splashed on the driver and passenger when the UTV is being refueled. Splashguards must surround the fuel filling area in such a way that it provides protection from fuel spilling onto the driver and passenger when inserting and removing the fuel filler spout.

D.6
Section 20.3 Firewalls
Stock UTV engine covers meets the engine firewall requirement for the UTV class. However a fuel container firewall separator is still necessary.

D.7
Roll cages see 19.1. Roll cages must meet the requirements of 19.1 with the exception of mounting hardware. Min 3/8†grade 8 hardware must be used on UTV roll cage mounting hardware

D.8
Window nets please see 19.22

22.2 E
Tire size is unlimited

KOH Rulebook

Here is the original race announcement.....

JOHNSON VALLEY, CA, OCTOBER 10, 2009: The Pit Bull Tires UTV King of the Hammers race will be held on Thursday February 11th, 2010 as part of the week long Hammerking Productions event in Johnson Valley, CA. The first place purse for this stand alone race will be $5,000. There will also be multiple contingency opportunities.

Pit Bull Tires has stepped up to the challenge and is proud to be the Title Sponsor of the UTV King of the Hammers race. “I believe that this is the next big race. You have to want to win this race, to even complete it,†said Mike Green of Pit Bull Tires. “We are very excited to be the title sponsor.†Pit Bull Tires is adding to the purse a set of their UTV tires for the first three finishers and the last place finisher.

All of last years drivers, and many of the current Griffin King of the Hammers drivers have committed to racing. The driver application will be online at King of the Hammers within the month. There is currently no cap on entries, and Hammerking Productions expects a great field of celebrities, seasoned racers, and enthusiasts that just want to come out and experience this epic adventure.

In 2009, the exhibition UTV race was held and completed within four hours. The five racers took their vehicles and tested them in the desert and in some of the most extreme rock crawling environments. This year, the course will be a little longer, a little harder, and will utilize some of the King of the Hammers rule book which includes no spectator help, only competitor help. The length of the course has not been determined at this time. There will be additional information available soon on King of the Hammers.

###

Hammerking Productions, Inc. created the “King of the Hammers†off-road race in 2007 (King of the Hammers). The first UTV King of the Hammers race was held in 2009 as an exhibition to see how the UTV’s did in these extreme conditions. In 2010 the Pit Bull Tires UTV King of the Hammers will grow into a full fledge race.

The 2010 Griffin King of the Hammers will be on Friday February 12th, 2010 where over 15,000 drivers and fans from around the globe will descend on the desert of Johnson Valley for over a week of off-road related activities. The 2009 running of the King of the Hammers was featured on Spike TV and in the film “Second Crusade.†In 2009, Hammerking expanded race action to include three additional regional qualifiers for the 2010 race. More information can be found at King of the Hammers.

Pit Bull Tires: PIT BULL LT 4x4 TIRES :: Rock, Mud, Trail, Sand and Snow Super Extreme Off Road Tire Company

Thanks for posting Jon!!! The Underground will be at King Of The Hammers and WE CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The RZRS EDGE RACING 1912 will be there. Jagged x said from last years race what a blast it was. So count us in

Rules and Sign up links

Below are the links to the Pit Bull Tires King of the Hammers UTV Race Rules, Sign Up Sheets and General Information. You can still sign up for the race. My understanding is that the course is great...not too tough...just right. $5,000 is the prize...plus free tires to the top three and the last place racer. There are still plenty of positions open for the race as of today. The race is Thursday February 11th.

Any questions contact Charlene Bower at Charlene@bowermedia.com

Step up and enter this thing. It's going to be fun...I know...I was out there last year and it's a freaking blast. They're expecting 20,000 people this year or more. There's no better feeling than being part of something bigger than life...the energy is intense...and you only live once.

Here's the info:
The UTV Rules got posted today.....
http://www.kingofthehammers.com/rulebook.php

The UTV Registration form is at.... Deadline has been extended
http://www.kingofthehammers.com/registration.php

Some good information on the race itself....
http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009...v-king-of-the-hammers-race-registration-open/

I thought the entry fees had to be in by January 1st. Are they keeping it open longer?
I couldn't commit to it yet myself. And not too sure I want to destroy my UTV, but it may be a thought still....

Rusty, OffROadSwapMeet Dan, and I as well as a few other UTVUG members will be out there on Wed to spectate and cover the events! We cant wait to see you all out there!

Daryl, From what I heard they are making the course a little easier on us this year, and that being said, Jagged broke an a arm bolt and had no other damage last year and placed 2nd I believe so I am thinking should not be too bad, Looking forward to seeing a big turn out.

Daryl, From what I heard they are making the course a little easier on us this year, and that being said, Jagged broke an a arm bolt and had no other damage last year and placed 2nd I believe so I am thinking should not be too bad, Looking forward to seeing a big turn out.

Pretty sure that Jagged finished third last year.

I have heard the course may be a little lighter on the rock crawling, but alos a little longer with a pit about 1/3 through the race.

I don't think a GPS is mandatory but it sure makes it easier. Several teams got off course last year without one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back