Headed to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Getting on the plane tomorrow for the UAE. Hooking up with Grant from Funco and heading to the dunes. We are hooking up with a customer that has two Funco sand cars and headed out to the dunes near Liwa Oasis. There is a dune festival out at Moreeb Hill this week. Unfortunately, we are going to miss the camel racing. :rolleyes:

More details:
http://www.duneguide.com/TripReport-LiwaFestival2009.htm

I don't think I will have internet access for the next week, but if I do I will update the page. I will have a SPOT satellite messenger that I am testing. Maybe I will add Joey to the "check in" feature and he can post the links to Google Maps.

Look for a big article on the trip in Sand Addiction Magazine.

Been there twice Crowdog... thanks to Uncle Sam. Your gonna feel like you never left the desert. When I was there in like 95' 96' there were only 2 skyscrapers in the middle of nowhere... apperantly it has changed. Get lots of pics if you can. Be safe!

have a great and safe trip crowdog... like karl said, lots of pics pls.:D

AbuDhabi is Cool Go check out he Marina Mall. I had to work on the Waterfountain insdie it all the time

In the airport in Sacramento now. Headed to Atlanta, then Dubai. Atlanta to Dubai is 13 hours and 40 minutes of pure coach hell. Hopefully some big fat smelly guy doesn't sit next to me.

I should be on the ground in Dubai about 7AM PST. Dubai is 12 hours ahead of the west coast.

If any of you are bored at work, you can go to YouTube and search for moreeb hill. Lost of videos from the hill.

I will use this thread to keep you all posted of Jon's updats and SPOT tracking messages...this is a cool trip he is on and I am sure he will have some cool stories and pics when he returns.....

here was the first email sent to me today.....

Made it to Dubai. Just waiting for Grant to fly in.

Long flight. Left Atlanta at 8:25pm and landed here at 6:45 pm.

Need some real sleep....

Take care,

Jon

That is awesome I hope Jon has a blast over there and I know he will bring back some great photos to share with us! Thanks for the updates Joey!

I have been there myself, the Gold Soucks(spelling) are just crazy. Wheel barrels of gold items just being pushed down the street.

No matter what it is, you pay by the gram!

have a fun trip.

In the airport in Sacramento now. Headed to Atlanta, then Dubai. Atlanta to Dubai is 13 hours and 40 minutes of pure coach hell. Hopefully some big fat smelly guy doesn't sit next to me.

I should be on the ground in Dubai about 7AM PST. Dubai is 12 hours ahead of the west coast.
So your not going to sit with Grant?:D

UPDATE FROM JON!!!

Dunes go forever here. Headed to the big hill today.

The picture of the house is where we are staying.

Jon

AbuDhabi-059.jpg

AbuDhabi-055.jpg

AbuDhabi-030.jpg

AbuDhabi-021.jpg

Them arabs are nuts... LOL Riding double, in the street, flip flops and no helmuts...

The Rhino and the Quad are murdered out? wth what the heck? Are they going to be cooler than us with all their Rhino's? Wonder what after market parts you get from there? i am ingnoring the dope brand new Rzr's.

Crazy towel heads. Could you imagine couple of them rollin up on you in Glamis?

I had this funny idea years ago that we should rent some camels and dress up as towel heads for Halloween at Glamis. Ride a camel to olds.

I had this funny idea years ago that we should rent some camels and dress up as towel heads for Halloween at Glamis. Ride a camel to olds.

FLMAO!!! My wife would say that I would be a perfect candidate for that! lol

That second pic looks like roostinrhino's ride! lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back