Glamis Thanksgiving 09

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Busiest weekend in Glamis I have seen in many many years. Theres no shortage of cash in the dunes this year...

Robby.jpg

Cool pic! I had heard RG was out there, but didn't actually see him....Olds was packed Saturday - drags were nuts on Sat night - washes were pretty full......but you could still get away from people in the dunes. Wind kicked up just enough on Sat morning to smooth things off, then died down for the rest of the day!

I have been to the dunes three times already, and I am still ready to turn around and go right back!

nice picture! Amazing how RG can go race baja 1 week ago and have the truck out in Glamis the next to go play......LOL...BALLER!!!

Wish I was there. Havent seen Robby at the dunes for a long time.

Just got back myself, it was very busy. What i dont understand are the people who camp right next to the wash road.

Had fun tried to stay deep in the dunes. Olds was packed fri night and sat night.

They werent too happy when we tried to say hi... Didnt see you again after that...

Yeah, neither of them had much of a sense of humor - thanks for saying HI though!! :) I got popped for not having a plate or green sticker - never really thought of putting it on the ol' race Rhino - my bad! He could have been a real a-hole, but let me off with just having to show proof of registration when I get home. Seemed like a pretty big popo party for just pulling over one little white Rhino!

saturday afternoon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HoPalt08dc]YouTube - Robbie Gordon @ Glamis.3GP[/ame]

friday night

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od--mqsiudg]YouTube - Olds @ Night.3GP[/ame]

About 16 people I camped with were on their way to Olds Saturday afternoon. One of them on a dirt bike got plowed by two buggies when they jump a dune blind. He had to be flown out.

About 16 people I camped with were on their way to Olds Saturday afternoon. One of them on a dirt bike got plowed by two buggies when they jump a dune blind. He had to be flown out.

Did they fly him off Osborne Road?

Not sure exactly where it happen. We camp next to the canal and it happened past Gecko. They were all gearing up for the ride and I was loading up for home. My daughters and I just did a Friday/Saturday trip. I left at 2pm so it was probably between 2 and 3pm.

He was flown to Palm Springs, told him he had a broken vertebra and broken fingers. They gave him a back brace and meds and released him. He was back in camp by 4:30 am to pick up his stuff.

He is back in the hospital today with a collapsed lung and having back surgery.

Not sure exactly where it happen. We camp next to the canal and it happened past Gecko. They were all gearing up for the ride and I was loading up for home. My daughters and I just did a Friday/Saturday trip. I left at 2pm so it was probably between 2 and 3pm.

He was flown to Palm Springs, told him he had a broken vertebra and broken fingers. They gave him a back brace and meds and released him. He was back in camp by 4:30 am to pick up his stuff.

He is back in the hospital today with a collapsed lung and having back surgery.

sorry to hear that bro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back