Baja 1000 UTV Win Odds by ATV Rider

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
I think these odds are way off in many ways, correct in some. I am curious to hear your takes.

2014 BAJA 1000 UTV CLASS
DRIVER
THOUGHTS
ODDS

Cory Sappington
Veteran knows how to finish
3 to 1

Marc Barnett
Fast but not for that long
6 to 1

Eric Pucelik
Another cat chasing a Chupacabra
10 to 1

Justin Lambert
Needs another win in his bag
3 to 1

Derreck Murry
Best chance for the Maverick
3 to 1

John Angal
New car problems
5 to 1

Jamie Kirkpatrick
Running lite-no flats
2 to 1

Benjamin Bischoff
Has some Baja backing
5 to 1

1930Sean Cook
Lot of sponsors to let down
5 to 1

Matt Parks
Has Factory X behind him
2 to 1

George Felix
Texan with high hopes
15 to 1

Scott Mcfarland
Slow might be fast
5 to 1

Tom Longshore
RS will help but not enough
10 to 1

Jeffery Scolman
Coming along way to DNF
20 to 1

Levi Gilkison
Newcomer will learn some lessons
10 to 1

Kevin Fuller
Wild Cat could attack
5 to 1

Terry Hui
Has Baja quad champs on board
3 to 1

They gave 11 racers better odds to win then Burnett. That alone tells me that whoever wrote this has their heads up their ass or doesn't know this class very well.

They listed Levi as a newcomer when he has now raced Baja multiple times as well as other stateside races.

They gave Jamie Kirkpatrick, a guy to who I don't think has won any Baja races in a UTV or any BITD races in a UTV the same 2 to 1 odds as Matt Parks which by the way are the best odds they offered. No knock on Jamie but this doesn't make sense. Their reasoning is his car is light and he runs Tire balls as if no one else does that.

Now I know this story was written for discussion and obviously also for comedic relief, and of course anything can happen in Baja but I can't help but think these odds are somehow biased.

Kudos for them taking the time to do this even though it looks like they did this in about 5 minutes. But good idea. Maybe we will start doing this but with facts & logic and not just BS lol

Loose? ESL?

...anyway, this years' B1K is going to be the longest non-stop UTV race in history. Like doing Vegas to Reno, then turning around and doing Reno to Vegas...then running a San Felipe 250 to put a cherry on top of it. It is going to be a battle! Can't wait.

SO turns out .... 9 finishers! that is doing work! Top two Utv's were 47th and 48th OVERALL (all classes) UTVs also beat at least 11 other classes totally and had podium times in three or four other classes. Top times were right in the mid pack of the class 10 cars. That is how we gain respect right there.

Toughest race we have ever run and to see it be a drag race from start to finish was incredible.

KUDOS to every team that finished you are all the Real deal.

Congrats to all the finishers! We finished at 48.40 hours. Last car off the line, and last official car to finish! No real problems the whole race. Eric kept that car going and we were rewarded with a finish! See you all in a couple weeks :)

Lacrecia and eric, why did they put you guys in a different class? you run the same class at BITD with all the other UTV correct? what did they put you in a sportsman class at this Score 1000? can you elaborate why you ran a different class than the rest of the UTV? i just was wondering why you were put in a different class

Lacrecia and eric, why did they put you guys in a different class? you run the same class at BITD with all the other UTV correct? what did they put you in a sportsman class at this Score 1000? can you elaborate why you ran a different class than the rest of the UTV? i just was wondering why you were put in a different class
Hey Adam, The owner of the car wanted the number 1957. He said he was born that year and that he turned 57 this year, so it meant something to him. Having that number meant he had to be in the sportsman class. He isn't racing for points so that's how it happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back