Avid Racing Prerunner is completed! (mostly)

Ignore Amos

Hey guys!.... after a pretty quick turnaround...SDR Motorsports has just completed the very trick full custom cage with a full bed delete on our 2011 Commander prerunner! The cage features a built on rack for carrying all the needed gear for running up and down the Baja peninsula or chasing our race car in the deserts of the Southwest. We also had a 40" Rigid light bar added to the roof for additional wattage. The bed delete in rear was designed to still keep almost all the storage of the original bed but reduce the weight substantially..

Avid-Racing-Commander-002-XL.jpg

Suspension is the race ready TURNKEY UTV CX3 Long Travel kit with Elka Shocks... the same as on our race car. We also installed a Turnkey UTV front Baja Series front bar with Rigid D2 lights.

Avid-Racing-Commander-003-XL.jpg

We were able to get what I think is the first actual set of BEARD "FUEL" seats that are made specifically for the Commander...and added the BEARD 4 point easy to get into harness too. They go in and out just like the stock seat but are suspension seats which add a substantial amount of comfort and support when your in the rough stuff. Hopeing too get a set of the new BEARD doors for the Commander..they are pretty trick and use a molded plastic on the exterior instead of aluminum. They are going to really be affordable.

Tim at SDR also installed a Muzzy Stainless Sports Exhaust and Muzzy Digital Commander to fine Tune the Fuel/Air ratios. There's nothing like Muzzy power and sound for the Commander...they ARE the industry leaders.

Avid-Racing-Commander-005-XL.jpg

We still have a few things left to do on our list.. we are adding a Rugged Radio RRP660 Intercom and VX2200 radio to stay in touch with our other vehicles down range. Looking forward to Adding the Swerve Off Road HID headlight conversion up front as they are the only HIDs we run on our cars (the quality of the ballast is far superior and take a beating) as they run all 4 lights.
Still need to wire up the 4k winch we installed and a new Horn/Siren.. AS soon as we get it up on the lift we will be adding the FACTURY UTV UHMW 1/2 in skid plates..again, the best in the industry and what we run on the the race car. We will also be adding the BRP "blackbox" and racing belt. Still looking at clutching but will most likely go with ADAM at Airdam again, his setup has worked really well in our Commander racer.

The Rims are 14x9 Walker Evans Beadlocks.. we go with 9's all the way around so that the spare will be the same for all the way around. We have become one of the first to run GBC "Spartans" in both the SCORE and BITD series without any major failures (that weren't driver induced)

but all in all we are pretty close..now I can't wait to get it out and let it do its thing!

I/A

Your commander turned out great. One day well have to just get out and ride.

Are the seats extra tall or is your head really close to the top of the cage? Add a ViAir onboard air system and a large color GPS and you are set. Any plans to add some Pro Armor doors? Car looks great. I like the purpose built rigs.

Are the seats extra tall or is your head really close to the top of the cage? Add a ViAir onboard air system and a large color GPS and you are set. Any plans to add some Pro Armor doors? Car looks great. I like the purpose built rigs.

The seats are tall...I need to do some work to tilt them back some as they are a little too upright as they are installed now.. I plan to put on the new Beard doors in the very near future...they are plastic on the outside instead of aluminum... Thanks guys for the compliments.. Joey, I have already added the UTVunderground stickers...so sport'n the colors!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back