2017 Baja 1000 - YOU PICK EM'! & OFFICIAL TRACKING THREAD

Thanks for all the posting. I don't have time to track the race but this thread has been great to keep reading.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A YXZ has a legitimate shot at a podium it appears. A break down or busted belt by a competitor and they are right there. Thats pretty cool to see... Edit..I didn't zoom in far enough. Still running 6th is pretty good to see. Hope they finish

I am really pulling for Cafro... those guys have paid some serious dues.

Good to see kristen is back in the race.

Jim , Joey or anyone else that has been desert racing for a long time. Tell me why Casey C. decided last second to change to Unlimited hammer class.. Only to Just to win that class ?

as joey said it could have been many reasons....but if i were a betting man I would say he got there and didnt fit the rules. I seen a team go over the podium in a utv that got pushed to some sort of unlimited class due to not fitting the rules.

As of 11:50a PST Jagged still leads @ RM 893 and has put some distance on Cafro who is showing @ RM 863.
Elenburg has not updated in 20 min so could be right on Cafro. Sappington gaining ground in 4th @ RM 822 with Murray's 15 miles behind him.

At this point looking good for Jagged. They have the team and support down south and it is a real luxury for them to be running out front. Brandon can drive without the pressure of having to push the car harder to gain ground.

Based on what I have seen the past hour or so, Chapo has to be right behind Cafro or in front of him. If I was betting, I'd say he passed him around Loretto.

Cafro - UTVUnderground.jpg

#Baja1000 Update | 11:50am PST | Jagged X still holds an almost 30 mile lead over a new second place team at RM942. Chapo Racing has moved past #BlackHillsUTV into the second position. Mike Cafro & Fitzpatrick in the Blackhills Polaris RZR are less than 10 miles behind the Chapo #maverickx3. It’s going to be a battle to the finish as they race the final 200 miles. #utvugraceteam#utvunderground
1f4f8.png
: HighRev Photography // UTVUnderground (all rights reserved)

Does that image of cafro insinuate a problem or just a bad ass pic in some silty dirt?

Lambert appears to be on the highway so I am assuming he is out.

Does anyone know what the yellow path means when viewing a full history report on Trackleaders tracking site?

The yellow path is just connecting the points of gps pings. Not necessarily the path the car took.

Jagged has 40min lead, they still haven't seen Chapo and are leaving location to chase the 2919...

Seems like the gap between 1&2 has been getting a bit wider the past couple of hours. I'd say it's up from 30 miles to near 50. Will have to wait until Jagged pings again.

Maybe not, looks to still be about 30 miles...

Last edited:
Seems like the gap between 1&2 has been getting a bit wider the past couple of hours. I'd say it's up from 30 miles to near 50. Will have to wait until Jagged pings again.

Jagged has at least 50 minutes on chapo based on last split... but anything can happen. Dan Fresh is just behind Cafro and challenging for an overall finish in his N/A RZR.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back