ZMS Race Report: GNCC Round 1

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
ZMS Race Report: GNCC Round 1

The ZMS rig was back in action this past weekend, heading to the opening round of GNCC Utv racing in Washington, Georgia with a bright and shiny new 2014 Can-am Maverick X-xc, aka #ProjectTwoFace. With the help of all of our sponsors we were able to put together one of the craziest machines builds to date, getting a ton of attention on pro-row.

The day started out fantastic as the number 990 XC-1 Pro-Utv, driven by Zac Zakowski and co-pilot Jack Zweirs, rocketed off the start line and took another holeshot by five car lengths. Coming through scoring on the first lap the duo was sitting in 2nd on adjusted time. By the end of the second lap they had caught and physically passed the second row leaders and were visually catching row one.

“I know we are capable of winning, but when we came through the opening laps in the top three and held our position I realized just how close we are to that win. The pace we were running was super comfortable, who knows what we could do if we really kicked her into high gear!â€- Zac Zakowski.

With two laps to go it looked like ZMS was going to be sitting on the GNCC XC-1 podium for the first time, but in GNCC racing nothing is ever a for sure thing. Before getting the white flag the number 990 came to a halt after starting to experience some ill handling. Knowing that something was wrong, Zac slowed his pace and set into survival mode to try to make it to the end, but after losing a rear axle it was only a matter of time before the abuse took its toll on the rest of the drive train.

Only completing three of five laps, the team would have to settle for a 16th place finish out of 32 cars. While not the finish that everyone was looking for, we are so close that we can taste that win. With a better running car then we have had to date, things are looking good heading into round two. Round two will be April 12th in Union, SC. See you then!

Follow us on Facebook!

Who builds our team? 2014 Sponsors: Can-am/BRP, Countryside Auto Transport Inc., Turnkey Utv, Straightline Performance, Kenda Tires, Amsoil Synthetics, Stm Clutches, Custom Axis Suspension, Omf Wheels, Tweeked Powderworks, Evans Coolant, Wicket Bilt, K&N Air Filters, BOW Training, Rath Racing, All Terrain Research, Fasst Company, FrogzSkin, Spider Grips, DP Brakes, X-Country Photos

Attachments

• i-6gKrSxf-L.jpg
    i-6gKrSxf-L.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 3
  • i-KshL35D-L.jpg
    i-KshL35D-L.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members