UTVUnderground.com Polaris RZR570 WINS WORCS Production 700 CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
UTVUnderground.com wants to take the time to congratulate the entire Polaris RZR570 team of Cody Rahders for the HUGE championship win this year in Production 700 at WORCS. The story on how all this came down is pretty epic considering the results.

Justin Lambert of Cognito Motorsports and I were on the phone talking about things surrounding our business dealings when we stumbled across the idea of racing a machine at the WORCS series for 2012. Having had the idea earlier on of thinking the RZR 570 could win a championship in production 700 I hit Justin with the idea of UTVUnderground.com asking for a unit from Polaris to race and having cognito build it. Cody's name was in the conversation and immediately I went to work. I reached out to Polaris and within a day we had a Polaris RZR 570 sitting in Cognito's shop ready to build with the Rahders team on board to campaign the machine. Funny how things work and how a simple idea can turn to reality so quick when the timing is right. My commitment to Polaris was to put a reliable and respectful young driver in the seat and provide him with the proper equipment via Cognito to be competitive and with a little luck win Polaris a Championship in a class that currently only had Rhino's competing in.

Together the team of UTVUnderground, Cognito, and R3 Motorsports began working on additional sponsors. Cody has sponsors from his Lucas Oil truck racing side that came on, we also lined up FOX, Pro Armor, and Black Rhino. Within a couple of weeks we had a race car fit for competition. In the first race which was a mud bath Cody had the win in his reach before losing a stock wheel and tire which we would soon upgrade. From there on out with the exception of a bad run at Primm he was solid! With the help of ALBA the power increased in the little 570 and before we knew it we were dominating the hole-shots in Production 700.

The Cognito suspension with FOX shocks worked flawlessly all season long and the cage they supplied not only looked good but ensured Code's safety all year long. In the end, Cody would end up winning the Production 700 Championship, proving to everyone at WORCS and at Polaris that our hunch of a RZR 570 being dominant in that class was in fact truth and now a reality. It was really exciting to see the team grind this year and prove a lot of naysayers wrong.

This championship was not won easily. The class has some very competitive and talented drivers including Magnum Offroad's Luke Rogers who came out swinging winning the first 3 races of the season and never let up all season. Its safe to say that had Luke not suffered some bad luck int he middle of the year this Championship may not of happened.

UTVUnderground.com wants to thank everyone who contributed to this project and effort including Polaris Industries, Cognito Motorsports, and the entire R3 Motorsports team of Doug, Tammy, and Cody Rahders. Their dedication, professionalism, and commitment to putting the RZR 570 on the line each round in race ready trim is really what got this championship done. Well that, and the fact that Cody Rahders is one BA young driver who knows when to hold it to the floor and when to lift! Nice work Cody, and thank you for allowing us to be a part of this run!

Can't wait to see what next season holds!

CODY RAHDERS WINS PRODUCTION 700 - TEAM REPORT -

Cody Rahders and the Polaris Industries - Cognito Motorsports - UTVunderground.com RZR570 Wins Production 700 Class Championship at WORCS

Going into Round 8 of WORCS Cody Rahders had gone from fourth place early in the series to leading the points chase by eight going into the final round. With Cody in the only 570 on the line amongst 6 Rhinos the last race of the series was not going to be easy.

The green flag flew and Cody got the hole-shot only to be passed two turns later “Kayla (Smith) doubled a jump I rolled but I needed to play it safe and think title.” He then stuck to her rear bumper waiting for a mistake when something let go in the rear.

“I knew a place to try a re-pass for the lead so when I was setting up for it I landed weird off a jump, was on the gas a little too much and something broke.”

With the 570 now driving in 3 wheel drive and needing to finish fourth place or better to secure the championship Cody let the leaders go and went into survival mode. He maintained a steady pace and finished out the race in 3rd place in class and the 2012 Production 700 class champion!

“What a season, to go from fourth in points to winning the title, awesome. There is no way we could have done it without our sponsors, thanks everyone!”

Cody and R3motorsports would like to thank everyone that helped us with the RZR570 this season.

Polaris Industries-the RZR570! Justin Lambert at Cognito Motorsports & JoeyD of UTVUnderground.com

Superchips
Team Alba Racing
Fox Racing Shox
K&N
Black Rhino Performance

Toyo Tires
American Star Racing
RacerX Motorsports
SFI Designs & Fabrication
Benchmark Performance

SuperLite Championship
Frosty Burger Pine Valley
Diffenbaugh Construction
Wholesale Fuels

Mystik Lubricants
ProArmor
JDMfotos
Troy Patterson
and mom and dad!

Thanks!
Doug Rahders
R3motorsports
619-887-8070

Cody Rahders
#816 WORCS Production 700
#16 LOORRS SuperLite

All of us at Black Rhino are happy to have been a part of it. Congratulations Cody.

Joey, thanks for the opportunity and work putting this together with Polaris!

That was awesome the way it all fell together and turned out a championship, i am damn proud!

CONGRATULATIONS CODE & THE WHOLE TEAM & EVERYONE INVOLVED. THE RAHDERS ARE ALL GREAT PEOPLE TO BOOT.

Congrat Cody! Nice meeting you and your family at the SSSS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back