Yamaha Sheave modification. Shift virtually gone

1BDDELX

Palmdale...Come Back To Me.... - UTVUnderground Ap
I know some of you have a bad shift so, after playing with my car so much lately I decided to modify the sheave to see if I could get rid of the shift. Before I had a really noticable shift point at 47 MPH. If you have stock weights you will probably notice a shift at 42 MPH. Regardless of where I modified my sheave with a dremel and got almost all of the shift point out of it. I could probably take more material out and get it all the way gone but I have a 100% improvement with what I did. So I'm going to leave it alone.

In this pic you can see the 45 Degree cut or so where the roller falls in creating the shift point. Here is where the rpm drops and you notice the shift.
1008091034.jpg



Here I took my Dremel and ground off the front side of the angle to let the roller move perfectly into the the cut portion of the sheave.
1008091034a.jpg



This is what it looked like almost done
1008091052.jpg


Here is the finish product. I got it as smooth as possible with the dremel tools that I had
1008091052a.jpg


Sorry for the bad pics all I have is a camera phone now.
Hopefully this was insightful for you to see. It worked great on mine.
Jeff
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
17,298
Messages
179,396
Members
12,147
Latest member
Williamobjem
Back
Top