Rugged Radios Headset Thread

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
This thread is intended to better your understanding of the different headsets that we offer. Post up any questions you may have.
NOTE: all headsets come with a 3.5mm accessory port
H15's = Over the Head Single Sided
H20's = Over the Head
H40's = Behind the Head

Single Sided (any single sided headsets)

CopyofH-15-BLK.jpg

Over the Head (any headset in the 20's)

CopyofH-22-BLK.jpg

CopyofH-22-CF.jpg

CopyofH-22-ULT-CF.jpg

Behind the Head (any headset in the 40's)

CopyofH-42-BLUE.jpg

CopyofH-42-CF.jpg

CopyofH-42-Red.jpg

CopyofH-42-YEL.jpg

CopyofH-43-BLK.jpg

Last edited:
I HATE your 5 pin plug placement!!!!! It gets in the way of my padded Crow shoulder harness while turning my head.

The cloth covers make it more comfortable to wear and keep clean.

Mine rubs on my DFR pads as well but I've kinda got use to it. It would be cool if they made a 90 degree plug that pointed to the rear to keep the cord out of the way. Other than that we love our Rugged set up:) We have the 660 Intrecom with the 50W radio and the BTH headsets.

I HAD MY LOCAL RUGGED RADIO DEALER CHANGE MY EAR PADS TO GEL ONES. ONE CAME OFF & IT IS A PAIN TO GET BACK ON. IS THERE A SECRET WAY TO PUT THEM BACK ON?

So does that mean they don't make a 90 degree plug?

Sadly that is Correct.

looks like they dont. that sucks!

i wonder if the female adapter can be moved to a different locstion on the headset?

We are working on a new layout right now.

I HAD MY LOCAL RUGGED RADIO DEALER CHANGE MY EAR PADS TO GEL ONES. ONE CAME OFF & IT IS A PAIN TO GET BACK ON. IS THERE A SECRET WAY TO PUT THEM BACK ON?

haha there are some people here that have a hard time doing it. You pretty much just have to muscle them on.

I AM SURE IT IS OPERATOR ERROR & OLD AGE. I NEED SOMEONE'S 5 YEAR OLD TO DO IT. I GET IT ALMOST ON & BAM IT SLIPS OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE. I GOT IT ON ONCE BEFORE & I WILL DO IT AGAIN.

Its usually have a good time watching one of my co-workers trying to get them on. Classic!:D

so on my new set up i can transmit on my car to car other car can faintly here me , if i use the mic set up it is good ,:(

so on my new set up i can transmit on my car to car other car can faintly here me , if i use the mic set up it is good ,:(

Hey Tom, you need to raise the radio gain up a couple clicks. On the back of the intercom there is a small hole with a white plastic cover. Pull out the plastic cover and use a screw driver to turn the nob clockwise a couple clicks. The lower the gain setting you have it on, the better it sounds so don't get carried away right off the bat and turn it all the way up. Here's a link to the tech page on our website.

http://www.ruggedradios.com/PDF/Manuals/RRP-660-Intercom-Adjustments.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back