Put a cork in it...

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Well my weekend started out bad, Arrive at the track at 2:00am only to get stuck in my RV on the course. Call the pit and have them pull me out.

7:00am: I had my car all loaded up and ready to head out to my 1st pit location. I had just installed a Black Rhino water temp gauge kit the night before the race. After about a mile or so I start smelling something burning off. I shut it down and pulled the engine cover expecting to see some coolant leaking out. Everything was fine. I did see fluid so I started it back up just to see oil shooting out of the head. I shut back off really quick. The inspection plug came out the head. I don't carry a spare. So I put my gloves on and covered the whole with my finger. I drove the car back to camp.

7:45am: I searched everywhere for something to use. I called Trevor at 747INK to see if he would know what size the threads where so I could find a bolt. He had a great idea. He said just put a wine cork in the head. It will stop the oil leak and hold up to the pressure "very little pressure". Long story short I was able to fix the car and still beat the race car to my 1st pit location.

dsc_0411.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

DSC_0174-1.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

That pic of the TT overcoming the buggy is incredible! Great pics!

I was standing next to Rusty when that happened, we though the TT was going to clip that little 16, he crossed drifted over right in front of him. Rusty has the sequence of something like 32 pics.

I was standing next to Rusty when that happened, we though the TT was going to clip that little 16, he crossed drifted over right in front of him. Rusty has the sequence of something like 32 pics.
THAT IS AN AWESOME PIC. WAS THAT THE COYNE PRO COMP TRUCK? IF IT WAS JERRY WELCHEL WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DRIVING IT.

COOL IDEA WITH THE CORK RUSTY. GREAT PIX AS ALWAYS. WHERE WERE YOU & DOUG WHEN YOU TOOK THE PIX OF THE TT? WE WERE WORKING RACE CROSSING NUMBER 1 @ THE SOUTH TRESTLE ON CHOO CHOO RD.

Cool pics and great fix! Lucky you had a wine cork in yer tool box.!
I am gonna get a couple from my wife and put them in my parts box.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back