PROJECT "SPIDER MONKEY" UNDERWAY (PICS)

Josh, yea it it does have 20" of wheel travel front & rear. I was inspired by the Commander Rear setup to change the rear suspension of my Teryx to a trailing arm. Check out the thread: "Buckshot Commander kit" on this forum. After much research and Buckshots video of their new trailing arm kit, I came to the conclusion that trailing arm rear is the only way to go for offroad. So I changed my Teryx from control arm rear to trailing arm. To get the 20" of wheel travel, I had to do extensive cv joint work and use 14" shocks. I also changed the design of the front a arms to achieve the 20" of wheel travel.

Well I was finally able to pull the Teryx out of the corner about a month ago and finished it up. I still have a few acc. to install but she does drive. I have driven it hard here on my property trying to work any bugs out of it and it works awesome, I love it! it is amazing what I felt on rough terrain from the stock suspension that I don't even feel now. It will be awhile before we can take it to an offroad park, I am in the process of painting my tow rig. Man, those little bitty stock 12" wheels and tires have got to go! Here are a some pics of it.

Attachments

• IMG_3811.JPG
    IMG_3811.JPG
    721.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3847.JPG
    IMG_3847.JPG
    729.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3810.JPG
    IMG_3810.JPG
    719.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3836.JPG
    IMG_3836.JPG
    680.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I made a mold and made a fiberglass hood for it and made it to incorporate the stock 08' Teryx headlights in to it. I painted it a red candy with high metallic silver and blue pearl, semi gloss around the headlights with blue reflective graphics and single stripe down the sides.

Attachments

• IMG_3813.JPG
    IMG_3813.JPG
    730 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3836.JPG
    IMG_3836.JPG
    680.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3848.JPG
    IMG_3848.JPG
    738 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3850.JPG
    IMG_3850.JPG
    447.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Thank's Mitch, it's funny, When I looked at the pictures after taking them I thought the same thing. I think the little wheels & tires don't help but they will have to do for now.

a few updates to the Spider Monkey. It is finished and ready for some off roading when it warms up. I go the 14" STI HD Beadlock Wheels and the GBC Motorsports 30 x10 x 14 Kanati Mongrel Tire on. Now time for some engine mods. Only mods to the engine are ignition & clutching, everything else is stock. here are a few pics and a short u tube video of the suspension at work in the driveway. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEommwWhJdw"]Teryx first run after build - YouTube[/ame] Can't wait to get it out. I'll get some action video's when I do.

Attachments

• IMG_4059.JPG
    IMG_4059.JPG
    715.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4066_1.JPG
    IMG_4066_1.JPG
    857.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4068_1.JPG
    IMG_4068_1.JPG
    839.7 KB · Views: 43
after the new wheels installed that thing looks bad ass more video out in the dirt...and jumps good work

RangerBurger, Thanks for the kind words. Yea, From what I have driven it over here on my property at speed, I think it is going to work awesome. Obviously I will have a lot of shock tuning to do but that will be half the fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back