my old bug...RIP

thesandaddict

always breakin sh*t
saw this section and thought id share one of my first loves...1972 vw bug....bought it in really good shape, changed some internals on the motor...finished the interior as well as the wiring. changed the front end to a 28" narrow beam that was adjustable w/ Porsche disc breaks in front ...5" drop, tucked exhaust, almost all chrome removed...different bumpers, etc...went through 3 motor combos before i sold it to a kid who totaled it in 3 weeks...

Attachments

• bug2.jpg
    bug2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 38
  • bug1.jpg
    bug1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 34
  • bug4.jpg
    bug4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 35
  • bug5.jpg
    bug5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 31
  • bug3.jpg
    bug3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 27
You did a very nice job on that bug. Well at least it wasn't you that totaled it, you would not forgive yourself.

Nice bug! Procar seats?

I restored my first bug when I was 14. 67 body off. Put it on a 69 IRS pan, Porsche 4 wheel discs, 2110cc. Miss that car every day. Wish I had pics!

not sure on the seats, we got em at a swap meet and had em reupholstered. i was told they were low rise scat seats, but...swap meet....wouldn't surprise me lol....been told a few too many tales at swap meets before lol...after the 1600 single port i bought a 1776 turbo off a guy at the pomona fairgrounds....it sucked a nut through the carb and into the motor and kablooied the whole thing...ran after the guy for 4 months trying to get my $ back...oh well...the 1641 that followed was built right and took the bad taste outta my mouth...regret selling her almost everyday....especially sunny weekends haha

Very nice. Nothing like selling a car you car about ad then having some bonehead kill it.
I have two ACVW's right now, both are for sale to put some $ towards another project,ain't that always the way?

A 65 bod on 70 chassis with a fresh 1776, nice DD, new interior, etc, and a 1971 Ghia Convert, all there but needs full resto...

If I had the money to keep them I would. I love the Bug, and had big dreams for the Ghia..then..plans changed.

I feel your pain...it's hard to put all the time, energy, heart and soul into something...have it turn out so beautiful and then whammo...Here's my 62 double cab...its due for new paint and interior but drive it every chance I get!

745806878_NwY2S-M.jpg

^^beautiful! i wanted a 23 window bus soooo bad haha but they are so damn rare and when i finally found one it was waaaay too much $...

I feel your pain...it's hard to put all the time, energy, heart and soul into something...have it turn out so beautiful and then whammo...Here's my 62 double cab...its due for new paint and interior but drive it every chance I get!

745806878_NwY2S-M.jpg

There was a TV show on that had a similar one just like this on...It was a reality show on about high end auto-auction...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back