LOORRS vs TORC

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
So who has the stronger series? Who has the best turnout? It was bad enough when they were 2 weeks apart but check it our after todays announcement by TORC...

LOORRS, October 17 - 18, Speedworld Off Road Park, Surprise, AZ.
TORC, October 23rd- 25th, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Vegas.

One week seperation, ouch.

Should be interesting.

I kind of wonder if they did that to try to disuade any of their TORC racers from racing LOORRS and maybe....liking it....:eek:

I appreciate the support that LUCAS has shown not only UTVUnderground but UTV's in general. LOORRS has provided UTV's with 3 classes of which to race in the division. Most race in the Pro Class but I know there is lots of interest in the community to race an Unlimited Class and the lower Stock Mod class. They also have UTV's at all the events. LOORRS is a pleasure to work and the staff seems to really go out of their way to take care of everyone.

I am sure TORC has a lot of the same successes and they are obviously running a top notch series but I know they dont show as much love to the UTV's. Obviously when they run in Crandon, Bark River, or even Texas they cant fill a consistant field of UTV's to even hold the races so you cant knock them for that. I am a little bitter that they just blew us off when we inquired about covering the UTV races they did have here on the west coast.

In the end we are happy with 2 or 3 awesome series' for UTV's so I really do hope everyone shows up to race and compete. We will still try to be there to show support regardless!

TORC was originally a week later, but they moved it because of SEMA on the 3rd of November, I saw this on Race-Dezert I believe recently.

LOORRS has shone more UTV love, that is for sure, the last event at Elsonore was the Bomb, the only class I saw was down was the Small Trucks, but the others were higher in numbers.

really can't comment on TORC.

TORC is the ashes of CORR continued by two of the sponsors (TRAXXAS and AMSOIL)...and kept most of the CORR drivers (or those with sponsorships with AMSOIL, BF Goodrich, Makita, Kumho, KMC) and moved some races to the mid-west instead of only CA/NV. The whole point of TORC was to unify short course racing around the country.

LOORS took over some of the track contracts that CORR had in place (CA/NV) and retained a smaller percentage of racers from CORR (again sponsorships: Lucas, General Tire, Bully Dog). Most of the drivers are BITD and SCORE veterans.

It is really sad that CORR didn't work out, because the split has left guys in two different series and the level of competition isn't the same (Huseman vs. Renedzener was great last year). While they are both great series, LOORS does cater to the UTV racers (since most of the UTV racing scene is So Cal, NV and AZ).

So in long (hehe)...for UTV's LOORS is hands down a better series, but for unlimited short course racing (1600, 2WD and 4WD) TORC is much better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back