Flagstaff cinders video from yesterday

megadesertdiesel

drove up to Flagstaff to hang out at the 4eleven party in the pines. car ran great. i only had to be towed back to camp one time due to my fuel gauge not being calibrated correctly by me. very dusty conditions and woops everywhere but the RZR1 was able to skip across the top of them.

here is a little video off my Flip camera.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cplK-yx2r6E]YouTube - Cinders, $100 Hill to Play Hill[/ame]

awesome Mike! Looked like fun, you kick up some serious dust!!!!!!...but not the real "Party In The Pines"....lol..thinking of resurecting the real Party In The Pines at Showlow again this year for snowflake!

awesome Mike! Looked like fun, you kick up some serious dust!!!!!!...but not the real "Party In The Pines"....lol..thinking of resurecting the real Party In The Pines at Showlow again this year for snowflake!

i tried to make reservations over a month ago and cannot find a phone number and the one we used last year is not working. dunno if they shut down or what.

we would definately be in for the O.G. PITP.

Bison Ranch's number wasnt working? I made reservations last year with no problem..had to back out but I am sure they still ahve to be around..I will dig around on the net this week

Bison Ranch's number wasnt working? I made reservations last year with no problem..had to back out but I am sure they still ahve to be around..I will dig around on the net this week

right on. let us know what you dig up.

that weekend is great up there for relaxing. last year i didnot even bring a UTV and rolled the ol dodge around.

I really like running the hills at the Cinders. Sometimes its a little dry and dusty and Im fine with that since it keeps it real. If I didnt like the dirt and dust why go offroad.But it is nice there when the monsoons come in. The kids love going to the top of Million dollar hill I think its called at the soutwest end and at the top theres a tree stump thats a nest for ladybugs so the girls call it ladybug hill.

Thats awesome! The cinders are like the dunes,you cant have to much HP. How does that thing do up 100 dollar hill? Did you try it and are you runnin paddles?

Thats awesome! The cinders are like the dunes,you cant have to much HP. How does that thing do up 100 dollar hill? Did you try it and are you runnin paddles?

didnt try it. my gearing is too tall. i have a 68 tooth rear that will get me 5:1 gear ratio but have to move some frame cross tubes t oget it in the rear of my car. i have to slip the clutch to take off with my 54 tooth rear. i am running 26x12x12 16 paddle molded tires i bought off CL.

I have been up it on a dirt bike and a banshee but never a buggy or utv.I did go the back way and drive my rhino down it. I think a R1 car would have the power to make it with the right gearing but that hill is crazy steep when looking at it from the bottom.

The worst part was I wasnt lined up with the road going up so if I got going to fast I was headed toward the trees.

I'll post the vid of you from my camera as soon as i can mike.

it was an awesome time. this event was acually a Party. so the name fit right for this envent. I dont think I have seen that many people having that great time at an event in along time. Showlow should be -relaxing in the pines. lol

thanks again for your donations Mike!!

Nice vid mike. Do you have any color left on your car from all those cinders eating it up? hahah.. throwin some mean roost.. i would hate to follow you up there!

G-

Nice vid mike. Do you have any color left on your car from all those cinders eating it up? hahah.. throwin some mean roost.. i would hate to follow you up there!

G-

I was worried about that too- I used some clear duct tape on the arms and had no issues. worked great.

also mike was in the back. I didnt want to get any of that roost!

Nice vid Mike, sorry I couldn't make this one, but I'm down for a PITP (or RITP) III over Labor day for the race.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back