Polaris FIRE danger

Wynkoop1

Hello, Just joined the forum and if this information helps one other member, then it was worth it.
In May, I was riding and smelled somethign burning. We stopped and ended up noticing that the header was melting the seat back and caught the RZR on fire! We could not put it out and had to watch it burn.
Come to find out, Polaris has a known melting issue and has experienced many claims for melting and fires. They released a TSB notice that my dealer failed to notify me of, that would have had them installing a heat sheild for this reason.
Any 11 XP built before 6/30/2011 should have a free dealer installed heat sheild installed.
This may have saved my machine. The last pic is a different RZR with the same problem.
Check for your TSB notice and install a fire extinguisher!

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 56
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 52
  • burnt.JPG
    burnt.JPG
    783.6 KB · Views: 49
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 101_2070.jpg
    101_2070.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 44
Bummer, it looks like you had some cool aftermarket accessories on your toy as well.

Fire is BAD!

That sucks!! Its a good remider tho that everyone's first mod should be a fire extingisher! Cheap and it could not only save your ride but it could possible save yours or someone you love's life.

You would think the dealer would step up since it was in 3 times for service and they had the VIN along with the notice, but never did anything. I actually biught my new one cheaper at another dealer.....
And Polaris - they admit to the melting and heat issue, but say it had nothing to do with the fire - yeah right! I seen the flames starting right above the header. I have spent almost $150k on Polaris products in the past 10 years and they just brush me off....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back