Easter Plans?

Honestly, I dunno yet.
My sons are both grown now, and I am no longer subject to a school calendar when planning trips to Sand Mountain. Over the past few years the number of people going on those big weekends has brought out a major overkill of BLM rangers, and instead of dealing with the camp racers, and people littering, they concentrate on little kids riding in a circle of camp without a whip, or a guy driving back to camp with a broken one (I guess you are supposed to tow it or somethin') and the number 1 and 2 priority, making sure everyone has paid their fees, and that no glass container of any kind leave a camper.
Since I am a retired cop, a sergeant with 25 years in the job, I have a real problem with poorly trained, poorly supervised and above all anti- citizen types wearing a badge. I have no use for them making us all look bad.
So, I stopped going on big weekends.
Now, "our gang" has reached a point where our kids are having kids, and some of them have reached school age, and some of us are gonna be stuck with that calendar again. I ain't yet, but it is coming.
That, and I will have my brand-new Cognito Long Travel installed by then, and the itch to go run it is mighty powerfull, to say the least.
So, I dunno. I'd much rather go when all the idiots are at home, but we shall see.
If we don't go, and the weather is good, I may be working on a new chicken house. We raise our own beef in partnership with a neighbor, and it has worked out so well I am thinking fresh eggs and a bird now and would be nice. My beef partner has a deal working with another guy for hand raised pork, so we may be wheeling and dealing on that, too.
But man, I wanna run that long travel.

Oh I ain't lettin' them win, my friend.
The know me, my rig, my last name, and the names and rigs of my sons and my friends. They tried some stuff once a couple years ago when I was still an active peace officer, and the next thing they had was a letter on the desk of the district supervisior laying it out.
They were not happy. They no longer mess with me or mine.
I was a huge supported of the LEO people up there for years, and they were always welcome in my camp for a bottle of water or a snack. They are not smart enough to see that alienating the good people, the family recreational types that have been going there for 25 years or more are lsing faith in them, and as they fail to respond to the problems the people see and want them to address; they are slowly screwing themselves. Like everywhere else, government uresponsive to the demands of the citizens is going to fail.
The one good thing about the crappy economy is that the bonehead camp racing turdballs are hurtin' too, and hopefully hurting enough to make them stay the heck at home.
The dunes and public lands in general are simply a reflection of our society as a whole, we have a small number of people who were raised with no respect for themselves or others, and cheap money put them in a position to buy into the sport we love. We saw it on the lakes, too.
Now that the cheap money has dried up, maybe the losers will stop fouling our treasured public lands ad waters.

Ill be in havasu the weekend before and the teryx forum yuma ride the 23rd then maybe back out to havasu for the rest of the weekend.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ANZA,CA at the Worcs series RD#4, race is Saturday afternoon.This is where about 40 UTV's are going to tare up the track here in So Cal.

20 minutes from TEMECULA ..

Egg hunt on Sunday.

MAYBE THE EAST MESA ON SATURDAY. I HAVE FRIENDS & FAMILY THE WILL BE THERE THAT WEEKEND. RUSTY, WHERE ARE YOU HEADED?

I JUST FOUND OUT MY FRIENDS ARE NOT GOING TO EAST MESA FOR EASTER. MAYBE A DAYTRIP TO SUPERSTITION.

Here is a hint.

UTVUGMousePadresized.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back