BITD contengincy and UTVRA questions

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
so i will ask the question is there anything posted i thought UTVRA was supposed to handle all of this and i can't find anything anywhere??

we are supposed to pay them per race but for what ?????

I am new to this class but i have only ever "paid" the promoter not a someone on the side. I have always been paid or recived my product through the promoter .

So any ideas or what you know would be helpful thanks

lmao. Im here.

and I really dont have an answer...

Wheres the president of Team Crash when you need him...

Not at all. Cory Sappington is president of the UTVRA and he is a member who posts frequently here. Although, I dont believe UTVRA has much to do with SNORE. Jagged, or Cory would be able to answer your question.

i will be racing BITD also i just could not find a list for the utv classes

on contingency when you arrive to the race bitd gives you a list of contingencys at registration so register first. Then you go through the list and find some vendors that offer it. Go to there both and get stickers and turn your form in make sure you take a pic of car so they can verify you had on at the start line and finish. Cory has some contingency when he techs you. Its not much but any helps. If you go to a race were the cars and trucks are not there pretty much no contingency. Just wondering wasn't john deere going to do something for the racers or just give utv to bitd.

on contingency when you arrive to the race bitd gives you a list of contingencys at registration so register first. Then you go through the list and find some vendors that offer it. Go to there both and get stickers and turn your form in make sure you take a pic of car so they can verify you had on at the start line and finish. Cory has some contingency when he techs you. Its not much but any helps. If you go to a race were the cars and trucks are not there pretty much no contingency. Just wondering wasn't john deere going to do something for the racers or just give utv to bitd.

i understand this i am asking where is it posted what UTVRA has for contengincy cause makes no sense to me to pay these guys if they are doing nothing. i have heard you pay and never get anything back ? I don't mean to ruffle feathers just want to know what i am getting into. I understand they do tech but if it comes down to issues who handles it? The guy you are racing against or does BITD handle it.

Lucas...I found this on their website. Don't know if it is updated or not. BITD Contingencies | UTV Racing Association

At the BITD sign up you get a contingency form and a lot of company's pay UTV's also. Just have to read the fine print to see if there are class exclusions.

You can also call the UTVRA and ask questions.

Come out and race the Silver State 300 with us. I think you will find that it is very competitive yet a great bunch of guys. IMO BITD puts on the biggest and best UTV desert races out there. We had 21 UTV's at Parker! To my knowledge there has been minimal issues. But to answer your question (someone correct me if I am wrong) but Casey is the ultimate 'judge and jury' in a dispute.

Lucas...I found this on their website. Don't know if it is updated or not. BITD Contingencies | UTV Racing Association

At the BITD sign up you get a contingency form and a lot of company's pay UTV's also. Just have to read the fine print to see if there are class exclusions.

Come out and race the Silver State 300 with us. I think you will find that it is very competitive yet a great bunch of guys. IMO BITD puts on the biggest and best UTV desert races out there. We had 21 UTV's at Parker! To my knowledge there has been minimal issues. But to answer your question (someone correct me if I am wrong) but Casey is the ultimate 'judge and jury' in a dispute.

i will be at silver state doing the first snore race as a shake down and will do the last snore race for fun

Is SNORE going to have the same classes as BITD??? They should really try to do there own thing..... I think there is going to be a demand for a 800cc pro class. I know Ive raced my last BITD 1900 pro class race I will enter in the sportsman class my next race.

Is SNORE going to have the same classes as BITD??? They should really try to do there own thing..... I think there is going to be a demand for a 800cc pro class. I know Ive raced my last BITD 1900 pro class race I will enter in the sportsman class my next race.

x2 on that

Why Jeff? Until you get 'out horsepowered' then keep at it. I have said it probably 50 times before...hp is great, but certainly not the key to success. A 1/2 1600 can get a top 20 in the Baja 1000 and a 190 hp class 4/10 with an Ecotec had the 7th fastest lap time with SCORE at Laughlin against a whole field of Class 1's and Trophy trucks. FYI...I am planning on racing the entire BITD series this year with my 760 cc RZR (or until I completely run out of $$$)

The only thing I think SNORE should look at is a 'Hobby Stock' class, which would allow bolt on cages with doors (inc X-bracing), roof, 5 pt harnesses and window nets. The car count would be crazy like at Soboba. But I am off topic.

so i will ask the question is there anything posted i thought UTVRA was supposed to handle all of this and i can't find anything anywhere??

we are supposed to pay them per race but for what ?????

I am new to this class but i have only ever "paid" the promoter not a someone on the side. I have always been paid or recived my product through the promoter .

So any ideas or what you know would be helpful thanks

Let me see if I can answer your questions with some history and logic. back around 2005 when the Yamaha Rhino was on it's climb to fame there were some pationate enthusiasts who wanted very badly to race these new unique machines. One of the first on the scene was Cory Sappington of desert toys. Cory had a history in desert racing as did his father. Cory also knew Casey folks of BITD personally. At that time Casey was not particularly interested in adding the UTV's to his program. The decision was made to alow Cory to race a Rhino as an exhibition class in the Henderson 400 (I think that ws the first opportunity, but it doesn'nt matter) The little Rhino sparked some interest so it was agreed that if Cory would put together a rule book and handle the racers need that casey would allow the UTV class to exist within the BITD program.

Cory was joined by Tim Orchard (OMF wheels) and Mike Lasher (PGI Media at the time) and the UTVRA was formed as a group that would promote and develop UTV racing as a whole. Rules were formed, the UTVRA website was created and things were underway. Down the road and for various reasons Tim and Mike left the UTVRA and were not replaced. Cory became the voice and sole manager of the organization.

UTV racing has continued to grow st
eadily in popularity and many different organizations have added UTV's to their programs as we all know.

Cory has helped many of these organizations adopt rules and formats. Cory has campaigned and promoted UTV racing literally all over the world.

Now to answer your main question. "Why do we have to pay the UTVRA to race in BITD"

The answer is: YOU DON'T ..... Unless you want to race in the UTV Class.

The UTV class is still managed by Cory and UTVRA. Cory has negotiated lower entry fees for the UTV class (lower than car truck classes pay). Cory has negotiated our season to get the 6 races that we have. He has worked with Casey to fit our class into the car Truck program safely. The UTVRA provides Tech for the class. Cory also updates the rules and maintains the website.

Now I know what comes next, we get a bunch of comments on how the website sucks and the rules are not fair and they are written in a conflict of interest and on and on.

But before anyone starts flaming, consider this. Our team has been racing with BITD and with Cory Sappington for about 6 years. in fact I am pretty sure that with the exception of Cory no one else has raced as many desert miles as us. Cory has been awesome to race with and he races with the more spirit and passion than anyone i have ever known. Cory has been the biggest promoter and supporter of this sport since the day it started.

I can say that over the years we have not always agreed completely on everything that has ever happend but Cory is always willing to discuss and work out any issues that any one has ever had. As for the website and tech and rule updates ect. The fact is, Cory is one guy and Yes he does it all himself. I am quite sure that if any of our racers were willing to dedicate some time to the cause Cory would be happy to have the help.

In fact I am sure he would be willing to talk to anyone who would want to run the Contingency program or work on the website.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Let me see if I can answer your questions with some history and logic. back around 2005 when the Yamaha Rhino was on it's climb to fame there were some pationate enthusiasts who wanted very badly to race these new unique machines. One of the first on the scene was Cory Sappington of desert toys. Cory had a history in desert racing as did his father. Cory also knew Casey folks of BITD personally. At that time Casey was not particularly interested in adding the UTV's to his program. The decision was made to alow Cory to race a Rhino as an exhibition class in the Henderson 400 (I think that ws the first opportunity, but it doesn'nt matter) The little Rhino sparked some interest so it was agreed that if Cory would put together a rule book and handle the racers need that casey would allow the UTV class to exist within the BITD program.

Cory was joined by Tim Orchard (OMF wheels) and Mike Lasher (PGI Media at the time) and the UTVRA was formed as a group that would promote and develop UTV racing as a whole. Rules were formed, the UTVRA website was created and things were underway. Down the road and for various reasons Tim and Mike left the UTVRA and were not replaced. Cory became the voice and sole manager of the organization.

UTV racing has continued to grow st
eadily in popularity and many different organizations have added UTV's to their programs as we all know.

Cory has helped many of these organizations adopt rules and formats. Cory has campaigned and promoted UTV racing literally all over the world.

Now to answer your main question. "Why do we have to pay the UTVRA to race in BITD"

The answer is: YOU DON'T ..... Unless you want to race in the UTV Class.

The UTV class is still managed by Cory and UTVRA. Cory has negotiated lower entry fees for the UTV class (lower than car truck classes pay). Cory has negotiated our season to get the 6 races that we have. He has worked with Casey to fit our class into the car Truck program safely. The UTVRA provides Tech for the class. Cory also updates the rules and maintains the website.

Now I know what comes next, we get a bunch of comments on how the website sucks and the rules are not fair and they are written in a conflict of interest and on and on.

But before anyone starts flaming, consider this. Our team has been racing with BITD and with Cory Sappington for about 6 years. in fact I am pretty sure that with the exception of Cory no one else has raced as many desert miles as us. Cory has been awesome to race with and he races with the more spirit and passion than anyone i have ever known. Cory has been the biggest promoter and supporter of this sport since the day it started.

I can say that over the years we have not always agreed completely on everything that has ever happend but Cory is always willing to discuss and work out any issues that any one has ever had. As for the website and tech and rule updates ect. The fact is, Cory is one guy and Yes he does it all himself. I am quite sure that if any of our racers were willing to dedicate some time to the cause Cory would be happy to have the help.

In fact I am sure he would be willing to talk to anyone who would want to run the Contingency program or work on the website.

Anyway, hope this helps.

helped very much just was caught off gaurd having to pay someone else at a BITD race never had to do that before looking forward to the silver state race now just got to get finished for the battle at primm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back