Baja Vs Polaris

Mark my words - Next year in Baja we will see a Polaris vehicle win at least 2 of the 3 races. There will be some legit XP900s taking on the SCORE series next year. I say this with all due respect to the Arctic Cats and Can Ams that may compete. The Arctic Cats made a huge statement this year at the 1000. The Can Ams were non existent (at the 1000) and yet the winner once again was Thomas Graves and his trusty old Rhino that he has been racing in Mexico since like 2007. This same Yamaha has dominated the UTV class with multiple championships over the years. He isn't the quickest but prep and reliability is the key for Mexico and Thomas has that part down!

The best thing that SCORE could have done was to listen to racers like Matt Parks and all the others who reached out to have Sal create this Pro UTV class. I have a feeling it's going to be something special to watch and you better believe UTVUnderground is going to go all out to cover it.

Polaris without a doubt is the leader in the UTV game right now, hands down. Next year will be the year they either take over the UTV class in Baja or learn quickly that it's a whole other world. But one thing remains the same in Mexico, the course is the equalizer. You can show up with all the chase support, fancy graphics, steeeeeeekers and engine power you want but if you aren't on your A game from prep to logistics then don't be surprised when you are at RM 950 radioing into your crew for extraction while that 6 year old Rhino is passing you by!!!

I really hope we get to see Maverick's, Wildcat's, Teryx's, RZR's, and Rhino's all competing in the SCORE series next year. It's the very last form of UTV racing where it doesn't matter what machine you drive, you always have a chance!! So break out the WD40 and get to work, the shrimp Tacos in San Felipe are waiting and so is the majestic Baja terrain. It's On in 2013!!

Thanks for the props Joey and thanks to everyone here on UTVUG who called or emailed SCORE to help support this new class. The rules are now set and it appears like Cory Sappington will be assisting the SCORE tech boss Bill Savage in San Felipe, though it appears that we will be going through regular tech and contingency.

The next big UTV race is BITD in Parker on Jan 11-13, then it is ON for the new Pro UTV class in Baja. March 8-10...in San Felipe for the 2013 SCORE TECATE San Felipe 250. I agree with Joey D...bring out what ever desert Ute that you have and race. The key is not top speed or some new widget. They key is race prep and testing. Anyone can win in Baja! If you have ever had the dream of racing in Baja come out and race. SCORE now has a class that is worthy of your efforts! There are lots of people here on UTVUG that can help, if you have questions or concerns.

The JX team has talked about Baja for several years and it always seems to be easier to say that we are too busy or some other lame excuse than to belly up and just do it. We have to thank or newest team member Matt Parks for being the catalyst that sparked our desire and helped to get it done.

We are excited to add this series to our schedule. We will do what it takes to ready the troops and make this Baja dream a reality!

We will be relying on Matts experience in Mexico and our experience in race prep and car building to have a successful advneture south of the border.

Thank You to SCORE for expanding on their program and creating the pro class.

Now let's get some UTV's ready for BAJA!

See you at the taco stand. (I can eat me some tacos!)

BS JX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back