Baja 1000 2012 Thread.

Still curious of 1802 did it finish this morning? did it not? I can't find any concrete info on race-dezert. I think may have wrecked early in the race which could be the lack of tracking. Spent some time with this car so I'm really wanting to know where it landed.
Im pretty sure 1802 finished last night sometime but am waiting on confirmation.

There is a big Alba sticker on the side.

Tom Graves/Rich Morel in the Alba built Rhino 660 are going for another overall SCORE championship this year. If the underdog Rhino just finishes the race an overall 1st is guaranteed.

aja3abaq.jpg

Congrats to Thomas Graves in his Yamaha Rhino 1803 for winning the Baja 1000.

Still curious of 1802 did it finish this morning? did it not? I can't find any concrete info on race-dezert. I think may have wrecked early in the race which could be the lack of tracking. Spent some time with this car so I'm really wanting to know where it landed.

Just got confirmation that 1802 finished at 11:46 last night.

AWESOME..

1802 Nessy
1803 Rhino
1805 Wildcat

I dont want to take any credit from the Hawk team, but lets face it, this version of the Nessy is a total bastard. Not a OEM UTV chassis, Kawi body, Yamaha engine, Polaris tranny, DFR chassis. What did I miss? lol

What was the 1802 running for motor?
Seemed like he had a lot of speed compared to the others based on how he finished.

Congrats to all the guys who finished and everyone that competed.

Sent from a pay phone using Tapatalk.

I dont want to take any credit from the Hawk team, but lets face it, this version of the Nessy is a total bastard. Not a OEM UTV chassis, Kawi body, Yamaha engine, Polaris tranny, DFR chassis. What did I miss? lol

Good point Brian, kinda like a stock based rig running against an SR1.

Todd Romano 1802

Did it again. First in Class 45th Running of the Baja 1000. It was great to help my Sponsors win both the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 this year.
Congrats to Hawk Performance, Black Rock Wheels and Carlisle Motorsports for an amazing year.

Some of the BITD chassis are all tube with a tiny piece of stock frame welded in.This team has been winning Baja with everything from stock Kawi motors and chassis to more highly modified setups.The chassis setup now is comparible to a XP or Wildcat and completely within the rules.Baja is about reliability and prep unless your racing TT or C1 then its all or nothing to most of those guys.

Good point Brian, kinda like a stock based rig running against an SR1.

The Wildcats and XP were right there for the first several hundred miles so its not the speed of the car.

1805 is 25 miles out!I think he is gonna make the time limit but Im not positive of the start time.

The Wildcats and XP were right there for the first several hundred miles so its not the speed of the car.

It is the speed of the car combined with reliability and prep that wins.

The fastest car that finishes is obviously gonna be the winner.

Congrats to all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back