All right, to who ever whined to LOORRS...

that link didn't show that size.. was just a link to thier general mesh page.

it needs to be 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" with an .125" wire size. Most of the ones i have seen, have a small wire size, like .080" or something. It's out there, but to order a huge sheet, and have it shipped will cost a decent amount. Were gunna cut ours on the laser, and see how long it takes.. there is a huge amount of linear cutting, with tons of pierce cuts, so it might be more expensive, but at least we will know if it will be worth while to just laser them out. LOORS said it was fine if we laser it, as long as it was from .125" thick material, and held those dimensions. I'll keep you guys posted as to how long it takes to cut it out.

G-

IMS in San Diego has 4'x10' woven 1.5 x .125 for $120.00 a sheet, but you gotta pick it up.

McMaster is almost twice the price by size but they deliever for a fee.

Both of the above still require fitting.

Alumacraft will hand make us one (actually he said everyone makes their own) is on my way home and the Cooleys are good people plus I gotta swing by Fox anyway.

Nice thing about you guys with the laser machines, just dial in the diemensions and watch it go, right?

IMS in San Diego has 4'x10' woven 1.5 x .125 for $120.00 a sheet, but you gotta pick it up.

McMaster is almost twice the price by size but they deliever for a fee.

Both of the above still require fitting.

Alumacraft will hand make us one (actually he said everyone makes their own) is on my way home and the Cooleys are good people plus I gotta swing by Fox anyway.

Nice thing about you guys with the laser machines, just dial in the diemensions and watch it go, right?

not quite that easy, but yeah something like that.

G-

We cut ours out yesterday afternoon.. It takes a while, but turned out really nice.

Here are some pics.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjMuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjQuanBn.jpg

We can cut these out for anyone, (just supply me the outside dimensions, and we'll put in a 3/4" boarder, with some holes) for $165 (half window size), plus shipping, in raw finish. We can have them for you in a couple days from the time i get the size. It may or may not be cheaper for you doing it this route, but at least you have the option.

Greg

Nice, a P2 team were starting to work with was trying to find a sheet of welded (vs woven) locally and we were getting a piece of it for us but if that fall through Ill have you cut one up and bring it to the track.

Will know by the end of the day.

very nice Greg!!

you should incorp your logo in it somewhere too. like the lower corner or something. any pics of it mounted?

it won't get mounted until tomorrow afternoon. We have our logo in about 20 other places on the car.. so were good there! hahaha.

floor-teaser.jpg

We cut ours out yesterday afternoon.. It takes a while, but turned out really nice.

Here are some pics.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjMuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjQuanBn.jpg

We can cut these out for anyone, (just supply me the outside dimensions, and we'll put in a 3/4" boarder, with some holes) for $165 (half window size), plus shipping, in raw finish. We can have them for you in a couple days from the time i get the size. It may or may not be cheaper for you doing it this route, but at least you have the option.

Greg

Bad ass Greg!!

yup.. it will be uncoated, but we'll be ready for the most part. Its been a fast 6 weeks!

G-

It will be good to have you guys join the SR1 class - especially with such a bada$$ machine!!

Yeah.. i will be driving this beast. I just gotta learn how to drive this sucker, cause its loaded and set up with everything i need. It will be interesting to see if i can even hang with about 2 hrs of seat time! LOL. Can't wait though!

G-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back