2014 CAN AM MAVERICK

I would say in the RZR I felt confident right away, but the mav I'm still getting used to. I think with seat time I will be just as confident. The big whoops I'm still a little unsure about hammering it through but the chatter in the washes it soaks that up with no problem with no feedback and sturdy feel, where the RZR would shake you to death. I do like the idea of the trailing arms but overall the Mav suspension works and the car feels sturdy and planted. Put it this way the Mav to me feels like a BEAST compared to my RZR 900 for sure! Personally I sat in the RZR 1000's and I think my 900 was better quality. The RZR 1000 looks cool but I think they have a lot of things wrong with them. For example: suspension to big for its own good, people complaining about motor noise, and glove box lid does not stay on. I'm glad I didn't go with the RZR 1000 from my 900. I think my 900 was better and I had ZERO issues with it. Each manufacture has issues I know and I'm not trying to bag the RZR 1000, I just think it's not all the hype everybody is making it out to be. One other point I like about the Mav is I have about a foot of space between the passenger, unlike the RZR you are shoulder to shoulder even in the new 1000.. I hope this helps you :)

When I got my can am commander it reminded me of my class 7 race truck handling wise. Very smooth and lets the suspension do the work. What suspension it had. Hahaha

I would say in the RZR I felt confident right away, but the mav I'm still getting used to. I think with seat time I will be just as confident. The big whoops I'm still a little unsure about hammering it through but the chatter in the washes it soaks that up with no problem with no feedback and sturdy feel, where the RZR would shake you to death. I do like the idea of the trailing arms but overall the Mav suspension works and the car feels sturdy and planted. Put it this way the Mav to me feels like a BEAST compared to my RZR 900 for sure! Personally I sat in the RZR 1000's and I think my 900 was better quality. The RZR 1000 looks cool but I think they have a lot of things wrong with them. For example: suspension to big for its own good, people complaining about motor noise, and glove box lid does not stay on. I'm glad I didn't go with the RZR 1000 from my 900. I think my 900 was better and I had ZERO issues with it. Each manufacture has issues I know and I'm not trying to bag the RZR 1000, I just think it's not all the hype everybody is making it out to be. One other point I like about the Mav is I have about a foot of space between the passenger, unlike the RZR you are shoulder to shoulder even in the new 1000.. I hope this helps you :)

Ya, right on. Thanks. I'm sure the new 1000 is a great machine but 22-23K out the door....... it needs to be a hell of a machine for me to drop that kind of money on a SXS. Just question whether its worth that kind of money. Time will tell!

Overall I love my Mav. The suspension needs some dialing in to smooth it out but overall the ride is very comfortable. The engine is definately a beast and pulls extremely hard. With the upgraded clutches, its rediculous how hard it pulls. IMO the overall engineering quality is superior to any other brand.

I'm heavily considering the mav max. Slapping a long travel kit on with a cage/doors. Have you heard anything about these with a long travel kit on them? I know HCR makes one. I have an HCR on my rzr 800. Not sure if performance wise it is superior to anyone but the durability has been great

I haven't heard any feedback on the long travel for the maverick yet but they look awesome. Only negatives on the mav is the clutch, it's loud and belt slips a tiny bit. I hear aftermarket clutches make it do wheelies and eliminate the noise! The 4 wheel drive is fine I think, I put it 4 wheel and in high running through the sand and it feels good. Some people say that it's not good but so far it's good for me. I got the base model without the new QE diff by the way. So with the new diff and ps should be even better forsure.

Bert's mega-mall... Where do you live? Reason I ask is I was considering buying from them to, but the shipping cost was just as bad as the state tax. Figured might as well buy local.

Thanks,
RiP

I live in Lake Havasu City Arizona and the shipping was $200 to my house. Talk to Art Wood for the best deal.

B E A utiful looking machine there! Now go get it muddy!

I'm from AZ as we'll but am stationed in CO. If I can order one of these to my home of record in AZ and skip the hole state tax that would be nice. Or perhaps I could order it here in CO since I'm leaving here soon anyways and they will never track it in time :D

Sounds like I need to talk to Bert's and see if this can be done. Rather drop thousands on the vehicle, not taxes!

Cheers,
RiP

Thank you Rip, I did not pay sales tax on it. I payed $15,800 total shipped to my house. Yes talk to Art Wood at Bert's tell him Jack Pruyn sent you and he will hook you up. My Mav is dirty right now at the moment and I love it! Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Thank you Rip, I did not pay sales tax on it. I payed $15,800 total shipped to my house. Yes talk to Art Wood at Bert's tell him Jack Pruyn sent you and he will hook you up. My Mav is dirty right now at the moment and I love it! Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

I most certainly will sir! Now do us "Especially for me" all a favor. By a helmet cam for $60 or so, and take a video romping that thing :D

Cheers,
RiP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back