2012 Ranger Crew Diesel

Killer RC

Got it for $10,600 on eBay. It's great for the family. I've added lights, winch, and windshield. Wheels and tires are coming next week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rlvufPkJw0]2012 Ranger Crew Diesel top speed - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ljy7uS0Vfc]2012 Polaris Ranger Crew Diesel engine compartment - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRnH2rhlU88]2012 Polaris Ranger Diesel Crew - YouTube[/ame]

All the toys lined up.

Yes there is an aftermarket turbo available. Its kinda new. I'm gonna let a local diesel shop do some tuning on the engine and fuel system and see what can be done.

I cranked up the suspension and added 14" HD1 wheels and 27" STI Black Diamond tires. I like it a lot, so far. The Black diamonds run a little skinny though. They are at least an inch narrower than the stock tires, but that makes em easier to steer, and they should do good in the snow. I have 9" in the front and 11" wide in the rear. I think I could easily fit 11" up front and 14" wide in the rear. But its all good. I like the ITP HD1 wheels. They have a real thick rim lip. I think the offset is a little more too.

Naw. It doesn't make hardly any smoke. Probably not any more smoke than a gasser. It smells like diesel smoke though.

I added speakers front & rear, amp, wireless Bluetooth music and phone link to my iphone, Air Ride control panel, and 8 switch touch panel to control all my lights, compressor, amp etc. The speakers are Polk Audio db series components, 5.25" up front, and 6.5" in the rear. The speakers are marine rated and come with stainless steel hardware. The amp is an Arc Audio Mini 125.2 and I really like it. It fits perfect and has nice controls and connection terminals. The bluetooth receiver is a Belkin AirCast. The roof is a Salient Designs SD613. It comes with the front speaker pods and storage area already installed. You just have to cut holes for the speakers. I used a drywall router and then a Dremmel to clean up the cut. I ordered the empty rear speaker pods for $50, and then I added my own speakers. But they do have an option where it all comes with Sony speakers already installed. Here is info on the 8 switch flat touch panel that I used PRC Polaris Ranger Club LLC :: View topic - Cool Switch Panel

LED dome lights added on both sides of the center roll bar

Front LED lights

Rear LED light

I added a MOMO- Quark- Black steering wheel and I really like it. I got it from sidebysidesports. It came with a Grant tapered steering wheel adapter which adapts the splines to a 3 hole pattern, then the steering wheel came with a MOMO 3 hole to 6 hole adapter which bolts to the steering wheel. The steering wheel is about 1" narrower diameter than the stock one, which makes it easier to get in and out of the vehicle. And I'm not sure how its possible, but its easier to steer the tires now. A smaller steering wheel should actually be more difficult to steer because theres less leverage. Maybe we loosened up something in the steering when we knocked off the stock steering wheel. Whatever we did, its easier to steer now. To remove the stock steering wheel from the splines: Pull of center cap, loosen big nut in the middle. Hold on the steering wheel while you hit the steel spline shaft down with a hammer. This should make the steering wheel pop loose from the splines and be able to pull wheel off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back