2012 BITD Parker 250 Updates

Cook Off-Road Racing Press Realease,
Paker Az.
January 7, 2012
Best in the Desert Parker 250

This past weekend saw Cook Off-Road Racing taking on the Best in the Desert at Parker Az. The weekend began with tech and registration at the Blue Water Resort on friday, UTV's were rolling in right until the close of tech. At final count we had 24 vehicles signed in, a new record for Best in the Desert. The Rigid Industires / Fabtech / Torco Motor Oils / Griffin Radiators sponsored UTV was through tech with flying colors. We headed out to the main pits for final prep and to put our race plan into action. This race we teamed up with our racing partner Dennis Jean in the #1949 XMF sponsored UTV. Since the vehicle was so well prepped by our crew chief Jeff Correia there was very little to do, checked all the nuts and bolts and put the car cover on for the night.

0530 am rolls around pretty quick on race morning but the team was up and getting ready before the sunrise, by 0645 we were staged and poised to run. At about 0730 our race began the mighty Rzr left the line in a blaze of glory. The ride was pretty uneventful for about the first 15 miles but after that the rzr began to sputter on the low end, our new throttle body was not performing as it should, as we continued on. We found the rzr ran fine at the top end wide open, but when we slowed into the turns it was evident we had an issue. Our team worked very hard trying to overcome the issues at hand and it seemed we had. At the mid way pits we had moved into second place behind Matt Parks in the Jagged sponsored Polaris, but as we entered the mid way pits I noticed our team mate Dennis Jean hard on our tail as we exited the pits Dennis took us on the inside line and never looked back. As we continued on Dennis had stretched out and we kept a 2 mile buffer between us.

We finally found our rythm in the dirt and things seemed to be on pace, we had settled into 3rd place with about 15 minutes over 4th place. Then it happened the dreaded flat tire, can't really say I was to surprised after the rock garden we had just gone through. Since my co-rider (Brendan Cook) and I have had so few flats on our Maxxis Tires we were a little rusty on the procedure, took a little longer but we got the job done. By the time we were back under way the train of vehicles chasing us had not only caught us but passed us. From this point on I put it all out to try and catch up. At the end of lap one we rolled into the pits took on fuel did a once over on the car and then back to work hunting down the pack. We only had one lap to get back into the hunt and try as we did the mighty Rzr was able to finish in 8th place. Our partner Dennis Jean came from way back in the pack to pull off a truly David v. Goliath finish by placing 2nd against the Polaris factory backed team of Matt Parks and Team Jagged-X.

Just finishing this race was a big accomplishment after our dissapointing 2011 season. The Rzr S motor supplied by Cal Custom Polaris never missed a beat, the motor stayed well lubicated by the fine products supplied by Torco Motor Oils, the motor was exhaling with ease due in part to our Muzzy Performance exhaust, and of course you could see the car even through the thickest silt with our Rigid Industries lights. All of our sponsors had a pivotal role in our finish and all of us at Cook Off-Road Racing would like to thank, Fabtech Motor Sports, NOS Energy Drinks, Grant Steering Wheels, OMF Wheels, Zamped Helmets, Pink Divas, 4130 Clothing, Cal Hot Coatings, Optima Batteries, Cargo Buckles.

Stay tuned for more exciting off-road racing action, you can find us next weekend at the Sobobba Grand Prix co-piloting with Team Jean. In february I will again be on board with Team Jean at King of the Hammers. In March you will find the mighty Cook Off-Road Racing Rzr on Fremont St in downtown Las Vegas preparing for the Mint 400, see everyone soon....

<VAR id=yiv1252602651yui-ie-cursor></VAR>You must first finish to finish first!

our race story is short. Destroyed 4 inner cv's they got so hot it melted the boots right off. The car was running good for first mile or so then it felt like e-brake was coming on slowly. by mile 24 2 cv's gone. i want to thank the john deer team for the tow to mid way. Should of got a pic of that one.By the time i got to mid way pit from main pit craig and jerome were done. I put our new axle on and was able to weld star to shaft and put a used cv back on. that only went to mile 55 to finish our day. I want to thank todd for the welder, blake/landon/jaggedx for the used cv. the guy from the coastal team that helped out. We will be back after some good testing.Special thanks to our sponsores XMF suspension,ATD,ACS,glendale steel supply, dirty dawg, Even though we didn't finish we will be back stronger.

ATDRacing122.jpg

ATDRacing120.jpg

ATDRacing115.jpg

ATDRacing113.jpg

ATDRacing117.jpg

ATDRacing111.jpg

ATDRacing109.jpg

ATDRacing107.jpg

ATDRacing104.jpg

ATDRacing101.jpg

ATDRacing099.jpg

ATDRacing097.jpg