2011 Rally On The Rocks - Moab, UT Pictures & Updates

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
DSC_4120.jpg

Cliff Hanger

Well the actual rally doesn't start until Wednesday but we decided to get in a few days early, beat the crowds, and run some trails on our own. Big thank you to Kawasaki Motor Co. for supplying UTVUnderground.com with a solid 2011 Kawasaki Teryx outfitted by DragonFire Racing. Fully equipped with Long Travel, Fox Shocks, DFR Seats, Steering wheel, harnesses, Walker Evans Wheels, and ITP Baja Cross Tires.

I met up with UTVUG member and Kawasaki Team Green Manager Reid Nordin aka Team Green in Las Vegas and we rolled out together to meet up with Jon Crowley aka Crowdog of UTV Guide and Jeff Knoll of King of The Hammers fame. Today we awoke to a crazy rain and wind storm which blew through rather quickly. We hit up the trail known a Poison Spider and by noon the sun was shining and the weather was sweet! No carnage on day 1. We tackled some awesome obstacles!

Crowdog is playing in his new 2011 project Kawasaki Teryx which the build is featured here on UTVUnderground. Team Green has his awesome Teryx as well which he hasn't driven since last years Moab trip. It sports a Muzzys 916cc and a host of other goodies!

Keep posted to this thread all week as we plan to keep it updated with tons of pics and info from the rally!

Again, special thanks to Kawasaki Motor Co. for bringing UTVUnderground on this trip for the 2nd year in a row!!!!

I will toss updates out as we have service. Will update thread with full images nightly!

a6cd0962-4231-73c5.jpg

Look out off Poison Spyder trail. That's all Moab out there

a6cd0962-426c-eb40.jpg

Our posse for the day. R-L. Crowley. Team Green. Joey D. Bob. Dave

a6cd0962-42b8-6bb5.jpg

Crowleys new Teryx is sick.

DSC_3530.jpg

UTVUnderground and Kawasaki attack Moab's 2011 Rally On The Rocks!

DSC_3730.jpg

Brett "culfpin" Carter gettin' his crawl on!!!

Last edited:
GREAT PIX JOEY. THANKS FOR SHARING. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR COMMENTARY ON EACH DAY'S EVENTS.

I'll be there late morning on the 11th, can't wait to get my moab fix. Going a full year without moab is to much on a guy.

ok well now we are not sure what trail we are doing cause we are hearing that Steel Bender is tore up from Easter Jeep Safari.

Brett, Reid says that depending on which trail we do we could drop our cars at the trail and come back and pick yours up so you can come run with us. We need to play it by ear in the AM. Can you PM me your phone number? Same with you Woody. PM me your number and I will text you guys in the AM with our plans.

my RZR stuffs into the DMax bed...tho I'm guessing both of yours are more than bed size?

Steelbender, 9:30a-ish...works by me...

Yea both of ours won't fit in a truck...

We have a trailer coming tomorrow night. If anyone has two empty spaces on a trailer... :)

Yea both of ours won't fit in a truck...

We have a trailer coming tomorrow night. If anyone has two empty spaces on a trailer... :)

32' gooseneck (er, white trash toy hauler) but the camper is on the front :)

er, what's wrong with 'tore up'...isn't that part of the challenge?

I ran Poison Spider/Gold Bar/Golden Spike all the way thru with the RZR (out Gemini, and hitched back to the tow rig) and have done Hells Revenge 3x in the past week (once with the RZR) - always up for re-running tho, beats working in camp again!

nuthin like stuffing a 6500# wagon up Escalator...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ-ej6TDrqs]YouTube - Woody Driving Escalator In Moab UT[/ame]

ok well now we are not sure what trail we are doing cause we are hearing that Steel Bender is tore up from Easter Jeep Safari.

Brett, Reid says that depending on which trail we do we could drop our cars at the trail and come back and pick yours up so you can come run with us. We need to play it by ear in the AM. Can you PM me your phone number? Same with you Woody. PM me your number and I will text you guys in the AM with our plans.

Sweet!!! Thank you Reid and Joey!!

PM sent

Brett

Joey, real curious how the new XP is fairing on the technical trails especially how the trailing arms are holding up.

32' gooseneck (er, white trash toy hauler) but the camper is on the front :)

er, what's wrong with 'tore up'...isn't that part of the challenge?

I ran Poison Spider/Gold Bar/Golden Spike all the way thru with the RZR (out Gemini, and hitched back to the tow rig) and have done Hells Revenge 3x in the past week (once with the RZR) - always up for re-running tho, beats working in camp again!

nuthin like stuffing a 6500# wagon up Escalator...
YouTube - Woody Driving Escalator In Moab UT

Very clean run Woody!!! Shown skills!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back