1915 teryx throws down 78hp at the wheels

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Yesterday Dan From Dasa got the exhaust and dyno work done on my Teryx. 78hp to the ground. I am very happy with that for an 800 motor. I was debating putting 840 or larger jugs on it but I will try the 78hp for now. Not bad for a meesly 800cc's. Anyone know how much the Commander puts to the ground with 85hp at the crank?

1-1.jpg

Here is the build album

teryx pictures by rupertmonkeyboy - Photobucket

The old rule of thumb is that you lose 15% from the crank to the rear wheels, but it obviously depends on how efficient the drive train is. I am assuming you are running race gas...right?

Looks like a very clean build lets see some more pics.

There is a link to the photo album under the pic on the fisrt post. It has taken a year to complete the car. The motor is the same thing Austin is running with less cam. I had Weller detune it to ensure reliability. He has had great luck with his motor as did VanBeekem so hopefully it will be just as good.

The old rule of thumb is that you lose 15% from the crank to the rear wheels, but it obviously depends on how efficient the drive train is. I am assuming you are running race gas...right?

Yes it is race gas. I was told by Fundy that even the motors that make 140+ at the crank don't dyno over 85hp on his wheel dyno due to the CVT trans. It just makes it very difficult to find out what the motor is making without a crank dyno. Anyway, I am happy with it for now. It is 20% less CC's than a Can-Am and more HP. If I have problems, I will go bigger. I have a fundy 1000 kit if I need it.

Pretty sure a stock Commander is less than 60HP to the wheels, but that all depends on the dyno you are running on.

Pretty sure a stock Commander is less than 60HP to the wheels, but that all depends on the dyno you are running on.

You are going 1000 with the muzzys kit right? I like that kit and as soon as it has more test hours on it I might go that way as well. When you get your motor, let me know how you like it.

You are going 1000 with the muzzys kit right? I like that kit and as soon as it has more test hours on it I might go that way as well. When you get your motor, let me know how you like it.

i was talking to Rob Muzzy this weekend and he said it in and running.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back