Yamaha Whos done a VMax engine swap into a Rhino?

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Whos done a VMax swap into a rhino, anyone? Were doin it and need some help! lol

No problems yet, we are gonna buy a VMax for sale here and do it. Should just have to mount it and make a new rear shaft directly into the diff!

I was looking into it. You would need a shaft driven Reverse box to keep reverse. There are a few mostly used in street bike kit cars in europe I think. It would be 2wd only. I was thinking a small Samurai transfer case would work to keep 4wd. They had some that were divorced from the tranny, so they would be easy to hook up. Not sure if theres enough room for a F-N-R box and a transfer case before the rear diff though.

Yeah, use the stock diff. I would atleast. Are you doing the 1300 or 1800?

I think its a 1200. Its a 90s, not the new new new one. Just gonna make it 2wd, dune machine!

We still want to race it though, are there any classes that are unlimited CC? I know some limit to 800cc.

Right now, all youll be able to race is Sportsman in SCORE and BITD. I dont think any of the short course races allow motor swaps.

COMPANY CALLED TOXIC RHINOS DID ONE OUT OF TEMECULA THEYS USED A TRANSWORKS GEARBOX WITH REVERSE. THEY RACED IT A COUPLE OF TIMES AT ELSINORE AND PLASTER CITY. DON'T BELIEVE THEY ARE IN BUSINESS ANYMORE BUT GOOD IDEA MOTOR HAS ALOT OF TORQUE.

I know its kind of a dumb question, but the driveshaft turns in the correct direction right?

John Crowly did a RC 51 in a Trino using the Trans Works transaxle. He's had some issues with it, but transworks keeps fixen it for them. Anyone see how he did at the Baja 500?

Attachments

• SNOWFLAKE 2008 001.jpg
    SNOWFLAKE 2008 001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
he was doing really good at the start and then a little less or more than half way through he went out......I dont know what happened, I followed it on IRCTracking.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back