UTV Wolfpack // Lucas Oil Regional Rd. 7

UTVUGJake

LUCAS OIL REGIONAL SERIES ROUND 7

The year has come to a close for the So Cal Lucas Oil Regionals Racing of events. It's going to be a long few months waiting in anticipation for that next Short Course race to come in 2015...

1.jpg

"The race season ending is bitter-sweet, we love racing the Lucas Oil regionals but now we can look forward to having fun for glamis season and camp rzr." - (Jason Merrell, UTV Wolfpack)

The Lucas Oil round 7 Wolfpack Race Team would find a victory as well as defeat. We took home a 2nd place Podium in the walker Evans Rzr900 class with driver Will Rodgers bringing home a trophy and finishing his season being 3rd in points for the year end.

2.jpg

"We have been pushing this RZR XP900 all year and it paid off today" - (Will Rodgers, UTV Wolfpack)

The Lucas Oil round 7 Wolfpack Race Team would find a victory as well as defeat. We took home a 2nd place Podium in the walker Evans Rzr900 class with driver Will Rodgers bringing home a trophy and finishing his season being 3rd in points for the year end.

3.jpg

The weekend would be filled with fixing cars and trying to find parts. Fridays practice went very well for the Rzr team Drivers Jason Merrell, Jeremy Merrell, Will Rodgers, George Hammel they all ran hard and made some great lap times during Fridays events. Qualifying was looking great as each driver had promising positions.

4.jpg

In the main event with this being the last race of the season Jeremy gave it all he had and found himself moving in the top 6 positions only to have his Transmission fail on the 2nd to last lap.

5.jpg

"I was making some great progress passing cars and moving up quickly, when something breaks it's always a disappointment but times like this give us the necessary information we need to build better stronger and more efficient cars for the next year. " - (Jeremy Merrell, UTV Wolfpack)

Jason Merrell was running from 6th down to 4th and 3rd, his vehicle was not fully engaging in 4wd making it so the car would want to spin. Running the Majority of the race in 2wd Jason dropped back to the 10th spot and had to work his way to find the 6th position at the end of the checkered flag.

6.jpg

"Despite having some 4-wheel drive problems, I was able to finish the race and end up 4th in points for the season. " - (Jason Merrell, UTV Wolfpack)

George Hammel writes "What can I say, this weekend was awesome! We all got to hang out with friends, watch some sweet championship battles and of course RACE! It seems like lately we have had a string of broken axles, and this weekend would continue on that same path, Saturday qualifying we were all set to try and put ourselves in a good starting position, but like I mentioned these dang broken axles keep biting us. I stayed out on track to at least get some line choices figured out and a little more seat time, but we ended up having to start on the last row.

7.jpg

When it came time to race we had the car back together and running great! During the first half of the race I was able to pick off drivers one-by-one and work my way up towards the front. In the late stages of the race we were battling for podium positions and the axle gremlins came to get us again! I was able to finish the race in 7th, but had driven very well and hoped for much more. In the end it was a huge positive to move forward knowing that my driving and the RZR had improved 10-fold.

8.jpg

The Rockstar Energy Polaris UtvWolfpack would like to thank all of our Fans, Sponsors, Friends and Family for all the hard work it has taking for us to race. We would also like to thank all of the Wives and Girlfriends and family members that allowed us the time to do what we love as a team.

members we spend lots of time and hours prepping and racing with these companies and friends. We are greatful for each and every one of you that have supported our program and that believe in us year after year.

9.jpg

The race season has ended... What can you expect from the Wolfpack? Come join us for Halloween weekend at Camp RZR located at the beach store in Glamis, Ca for some fun in the dunes. We will be on display and giving away lots cool stuff!! Last year we gave away a Rockstar Bicycle, LCD TV, Makita Tools, Gopro, JamBox, Candy and more...

12.jpg

Congrats on a great season. I was in your camp last year at the camp Rzr event. Im sure your new Xp1K that had a blown smokin motor is all fixed up now. It was a fun event for sure. I will see you guys again this yr at your booth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back