Truckhaven, CORVA Poker Run, Jan 12th

EllerClanLeader

Truckhaven is a fun place to ride and is about an hour and a half closer than Glamis from most SoCal locations. CORVA is a huge supporter for Off-Roading in California and is a voice for folks like you and me who love to play in the desert. I hope my SXS riding brethren will come out to have some great riding and support for CORVA. See you there!

CORVA is a huge supporter of Jeeps, I think they couldn't care less about the SxS community. That is unless supporting the Jeep off road community somehow benefits SxS by coincidence. I could be wrong, but thats my impression after trying to get actively involved with an organization in this communist state, WHOA! that should have been in yellow type:)

CORVA is a huge supporter of Jeeps, I think they couldn't care less about the SxS community. That is unless supporting the Jeep off road community somehow benefits SxS by coincidence. I could be wrong, but thats my impression after trying to get actively involved with an organization in this communist state, WHOA! that should have been in yellow type:)

I am with you my Brother on the state of this state.. On the CORVA thing you know they have been around for a long time and definitely have their roots in Jeeping. But I went to their CORVA Poker Run last year and they have a big presence at the Off-Road Show that is held at LAC Fair Grounds and the Sand Sports Super Show in OC Fair Grounds. The SXS world is relatively new but growing exponentially every year. They are ON Board. How bout we give them a warm welcome! We need all the help we can get. Long drive for you I know but Truckhaven and Ocotillo Wells are great riding if you have never been.

Have any details about this, flyer or anything?

Here is the event flyer from the CORVA website;

http://www.corva.org/skin1/forms/Truckhaven_2012_Flyerweb.pdf

Would be great to see a lot of support to help CORVA continue to push back on legislation that is on the table that would negatively impact off-roading in general.

CORVA has played a big part in the SXS world on AB1595 that is new being reworked and they have been very active in keeping Johnson Valley from becoming a Marine training facility... They need our help!

I've been interested in going to this event, but didn't know if I would be welcome in a sxs. I've gotten a lot of the evil eye from jeepers at Superstion over the years.

CORVA has played a big part in the SXS world on AB1595 that is new being reworked and they have been

As a soon to be former CORVA contributor I recieve their newsletter. There was not a word about 1595 until after it passed. After the fact they simply had a statement in the letter informing members of the legislation but stated that CORVA has no stance on the legislation. Way to go to bat for the SxS community. I could not reach anyone by phone or e mail, and recieved no responses. I for one will find someone else to contribute too. Yes they work to keep certain areas open, as long as they're open to Jeeps. CORVA may need to rethink it's approach if it want the SxS community in it's tent.

I love living in a state where we have to battle our own gov't:mad:.

I've been interested in going to this event, but didn't know if I would be welcome in a sxs. I've gotten a lot of the evil eye from jeepers at Superstion over the years.

Well you know, we all need to get along right LOL... But CORVA has committed to the SXS movement. We were welcomed with open arms at the Poker Run last year and you will see a lot of SXS there. Even those Jeepers are jumping on. Look, those guys like to buzz down the washes and ride the trails just like we do. And they really see that you can cover a lot of ground in a SXS that you can't in a rock crawler.... What have you got to lose anyway? A great day of riding and they give away some great things during dinner.... Hope to see a bunch of you guys out there to support this event. CORVA is on OUR side.

As a soon to be former CORVA contributor I recieve their newsletter. There was not a word about 1595 until after it passed. After the fact they simply had a statement in the letter informing members of the legislation but stated that CORVA has no stance on the legislation. Way to go to bat for the SxS community. I could not reach anyone by phone or e mail, and recieved no responses. I for one will find someone else to contribute too. Yes they work to keep certain areas open, as long as they're open to Jeeps. CORVA may need to rethink it's approach if it want the SxS community in it's tent.

Hey Chris, you know 1595 was a very sneaky move that none of the off-road community had any heads-up on. It pretty much came out of no where and then ASA, CORVA and others jumped on it. Even Rep. Cook, the jack*** that authored 1595 admitted this bill had went through without public comment. I see things this way, I support ASA, CORVA, NRA and almost any other organization that has a mission of protecting our rights. For the small cost of what many of us would pay for lunch with our wife, we continue to grow an organization that is focused on California and our off-roading rights, be it Jeeps, SXS, DirtBikes, Quads or what ever. You know you a free to support what you want to. But we all have this one thing in common. Why not help....

Chris, I just re-read you comment above. I guess I overlooked that they didn't take a position. I can assure you that might have been an initial response as they did need time to go through the Bill and understand all of the implications. You want to make your first formal response your most powerful response... As a member of another SXS forum, I can very honestly say that CORVA made a very aggressive move on Rep Cook, his staff and appealed to many other State legislators all over the state to pull 1595 back and make substantial changes. There is page after page of information that was put up on the other forum by CORVA about conversations thay had been having with Rep Cook's office and key staffers...

Anyway, 1595 was a big stab in the back by Rep. Cook. He is gone now I believe and good riddance right?

Thats good to hear. I'm glad they were more active on it than what I'd been understanding. They're as big a political influence as any offroad group in California so I'm glad to see it. Thanks for the fill in on them man, sure sucks to walk around thinking the worst of a group when they don't have it coming. It would be great if you could talk or type to someone there, but I guess you can't have it all :)

Thats good to hear. I'm glad they were more active on it than what I'd been understanding. They're as big a political influence as any offroad group in California so I'm glad to see it. Thanks for the fill in on them man, sure sucks to walk around thinking the worst of a group when they don't have it coming. It would be great if you could talk or type to someone there, but I guess you can't have it all :)

Hey Chris you know my brother we are all in this together. My wife, my kids and my grand-kids enjoy playing in the dirt. Fortunately for me, I can still pull out of my driveway and get in a good ride. I do have to be a little sneaky though:D. But, please keep in mind that CORVA and most organizations of this type are run by part timers who donate their time to the cause. One of them happens be a relative of mine and he shares a lot of information. The time required to be effective is pretty extreme. Remember that CORVA is going up against well staffed, organized state and federally funded departments of the state and federal government working full time! So when you understand that emails are read after dinner and when the kids are in bed or before breakfast for an hour or so, an Email might take time for a reply or might not get answered. Let's put our focus on what they are doing and that our help is what they need most. We can help them by putting the pressure on these government entities too. Come on down and spend some time riding in Truckhaven or, at a minimum, don't bale out on CORVA. They are doing the heavy lifting for us all...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back