TREC series round #1

spangs

IlliNOISE - UTVUnderground Approved
We made it to the TREC series Round #1 showed up signed in and was able to make a practice lap on the 6.8 mile course. I think there were 12 utv’s showed up with two classes of stock and modified I don’t know how many in each class. Utv’s started first then the buggies then a couple heats of trucks and jeeps. We started 1 min apart from each other. This is the mid west alternative to desert racing for sure we had tons of different turane. At the start we went about 50 yards then made a hair pin turn around a barrel I started 4th from the inside and was able to tuck in the inside behind the other three that mad the turn wide so I had the hole shot for a hole 3 sec or so then all the mod guys went flying past me. I forgot we could get on the road after the second barrel and did all the whoops the hole stretch before getting back on course at least a couple other guys did as I did. When we got up to the first hill it was so dusty for most of the first ¼ lap you could hardly see we hade a couple of check points we had to stop at and then about a little over half way we hit a rock like the size of a basket ball went to swerve out of the way and nailed it with the rear tire and put a golf ball size hole in it we finished the rest of the lap then poled into the bits but we had no spare with us so that ended are race. We have a video from are POV of the hole lap so ill post it when I get it uploaded. All in all if your out in the Midwest this is an awesome series Kyle and the crew at the badlands put on an awesome race will be there for round 2 and with spar tires.

016.jpg

Looks like you need to run some Pit Bull tires :D
Thanks for posting always nice to see from all over the country

I was there too it was my first sxs race. first lap I was in last but by third lap was in sixth with fifth in site and with a near roll over and hard landing on passenger rear blew out bead and thought I was done but with a run back to pits that felt like a half mile I got a strap and cheap plug in air pump and with 10 mins of jumping up and down on tire we got bead to seal and finished race.I think I lost about 30 mins with something that could of been avoided.My next buy is beadlocks and a new co pilot my 62 year old dad liked it but think it was just to ruff on him.

Beadlocks is a must for hardcore RACING! Way to finish the race and scare the crap out of your DAD. Keep us posted on the next race! We need some more pics..

thats only good pic I got stepdaughter forgot to turn off camera on way to race and camera died right after that at least thats what wife says.

nice pic im up front for like 1 more second or so :D ill be getting some new tires soon where is a good spot to get some of the pit bulls. i need to down size the video and then ill be able to up load it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back