thinking about pulling the trigger on a BITD build and racing

PRP seats sells custom window nets,seats,5 point harness and limit straps. You should check out some of the local Grand Prix races they are a blast and really laid back.

Axels = Summers Brothers racing

Do you guys have any suggestions on possibly seeking product sponsors for this venture and car, I obviously am going to be purchasing a lot of stuff and I would like to find a place I could work with on a regular basis and save some money on parts and what not...

Get out to the races and meet new people and other race teams. Do you have a race resume because that's a plus just like knowing spanish in California.

Call different companies and test the waters. Most companies want you to run there product and logos and you will get a discount on all your parts.

I grew up cart racing but have done off roading since I could walk hahaha I have a small résumé but it doesn't have any big championships on it but at least it is on paper...

So a little update of what I have got going on and accomplished over the last week...

1. Thad from fabwerx will be taking the car on feb. 2nd and starting the chassis build and stated roughly 2 weeks, he will be doing a full build from radiator relocation to aluminum dash etc.
2. Made a brand name for the team ( well me and my wife so far I still need a co-driver and crew ) I came up with One Gear Racing and starting a Facebook page and working on a logo and brand.
3. Got support from rugged radio, dragon fire racing, Proline wraps.
4. working on figuring out the suspension side of the build I got support from LoneStar racing for there long travel kit but need to figure out shocks and that is getting pricey on top of the kit. The walkers wont work and they haven't revalved or built shocks for that kit.

So needless to say it is coming along and slowly getting there big things will start happening in a few weeks. Come like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/onegearracing isn't much on there yet but will be adding more and more info on there as we go.

other companies I still am going to contact to try and work out some product support is ITP, ELKA, Kartek and my bank account hahahaha

Glad we can help you out. Good luck with the build, can't wait to see it out at the races!

Ok so I need help as I am not god with this portion of the build....

I just purchased my fuel cell, I will be running external fuel pump on the XP. I am pretty sure that the fuel pressure must be at 43PSI, I want to get a pump that is rated at 45 PSI and not run a regualtor will this work since there is a return line on the fuel cell from the rail.

If i wanted to run dual fuel pumps so I can wire them to a switch so I can turn another one on if one goes bad or over heats hot would I run the lines.

Fuel cell ---- Y fitting ---- each filter----- Each pump---- Y fitting back together ------ to motor

Does that seem right

You could probably talk to Thad about a lot of your questions.... He's got a lot of knowledge and will already be working on your car. I had him build my cage and a couple other friends have used him and his services and we have no complaints. Very good work!!!! If I change my car up to go racing, it will def be back at his shop!!!

So Kevin what did you do with your new Toys for Big Boys cage & doors. You just finished your build with him, got your wrap done and installed and you tear it apart to build a race car!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360020337.501331.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360020337.501331.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 34
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360020348.175215.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360020348.175215.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 30
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360020356.608603.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360020356.608603.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 29
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360020367.709449.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360020367.709449.jpg