The Second John Deere Gator build

As a farmer I can appreciate this:D

Maybe JD will build one to compete with the XP and the wildcat:p

You never know....but it's probably more along the lines of the RZR and Can Am...

JohnDeereSXS.jpg

ups dropped off the Fox shoxs today one step closer thanks to todd and the powersports division at Fox bolting them on tomorrow busy weekend ahead

Attachments

• deere mid 012.jpg
    deere mid 012.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Got the bed sides all mouted! Also the fuel system, Thanks MSD! And the shocks, Thanks to Todd and FOX! Next up is the dash, wiring, and foor and were ready to test!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
Just a question and hate to be a stick in the mud, but are you going to put your fuel cell bladder inside a metal outer container.
But your Gator is looking good, you've accomplished alot in a short time, especially considering the Gator isn't as race preppable as many other UTVs. Glad to see you and others, carrying the John Deere banner.

As per SCR22 - BITD UTV Rules
Safety fuel cells shall consist of a bladder enclosed in a smooth skinned container. The container shall
be constructed of 20ga. steel, 0.060-inch aluminum or 0.125-inch marlex. Magnesium is strictly
prohibited. Container must be securely attached to vehicles with bolts or steel straps. All fittings must
be built into the skin and bonded to the skin as an integral part of the tank or mechanically sealed by a
ring and counter ring system by either flat joint or an “O” ring. Internal baffling is mandatory in all fuel
cells. Bladder construction shall be of nylon or Dacron woven fabric impregnated and coated with a
fuel resistant elastomer. Rotary molded polymer cells are acceptable. The physical properties minimum
standards are in accordance with the following table

4186d1302484145-second-john-deere-gator-build-003.jpg

are you worried about the cast arms? i know the cast spindles on the rhinos dont last.

well i do a little bit but i am working on other arms it has been a hurry up and get done build i do have spares so we hope we dont need them

Looking good Lucas!!

thanks hope to see ya in a few weeks
Just a question and hate to be a stick in the mud, but are you going to put your fuel cell bladder inside a metal outer container.
But your Gator is looking good, you've accomplished alot in a short time, especially considering the Gator isn't as race preppable as many other UTVs. Glad to see you and others, carrying the John Deere banner.

As per SCR22 - BITD UTV Rules

4186d1302484145-second-john-deere-gator-build-003.jpg
yes sir it has a can being built for it just waiting for it

and it is crazy trying to make things work but we are getting there
the countdown is on :D

well it is almost ready to fire up just add water and hook up the fuel pump got the skid plate material's today and the rest of the things for the air intake just have small things left floor should be done by the end of the week mount the rigid lights and finish the dash and the steering :D

well here are some of the update pic's. we have a day of finishing up wiring a dash and putting another fuel pressure regulator on. (last one did not have enough PSI) it is getting closer to being done :D

I cannot thank greg and frankie enough for the help on this build
I think greg is the only guy i know that can smoke drink a beer and paint some body panels all at the same time. HA

Attachments

• deere mid 013.jpg
    deere mid 013.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • deere mid 016.jpg
    deere mid 016.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • deere mid 017.jpg
    deere mid 017.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • deere mid 018.jpg
    deere mid 018.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • deere mid 019.jpg
    deere mid 019.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
how did testing go Lucas??

well it tested on the streets just fine got the fuel regulator all figured out

i am hoping it goes to the dirt tomorrow taking a day off to make sure i am ready for friday

Last edited:
well as most of you guys/gals know we made the race and we started but we had some issues from there but we are now ready for the bluewater GP hope to see you all there working on a little BBQ flavor too so we should be filling tech with some good smells besides race fuel

well as most of you guys/gals know we made the race and we started but we had some issues from there but we are now ready for the bluewater GP hope to see you all there working on a little BBQ flavor too so we should be filling tech with some good smells besides race fuel

Oh...man, I have heard about LH BBQ for years. Lucas, same me a spot in line ahead of Cory, ok?

MP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avakalanaya
Back