The 2009 Baja 500 Results, Stories, Links

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
DragonFireRacing-Teryx-Baja500-7450.jpg
Photo Curtesy of Race-Dezert.com

Congrats to Reid Nordin of Team Green Kawasaki and Dragon Fire Racing for Winning the Baja 500 in the 1800 UTV Class!!!!

From: UTV Industry News: Kawasaki Teryx finishes first in UTV Class at the 41st Baja 500

Kawasaki Teryx finishes first in UTV Class at the 41st Baja 500

Ensenada, Mexico - Reid Nordin of Team Green Kawasaki and co-driver Hans Waage crossed the finish line in first place in car #1803 at the 41st Tecate SCORE Baja 500. Nordin/Waage were driving a Kawasaki Teryx built by DragonFire Racing and crossed the finish line with a time of 18:23:42.
"The DragonFire Racing Teryx ran great," said Reid Nordin from Team Green Kawasaki. "We had our share of flats and one problem with a rear upright, but other that that the car ran flawless. And the course was really torn up by the time we ran. I pre-ran a good portion of the course, but it didn't really help because we were about the 200th vehicle to start the race. The ruts and whoops were deep by the time we rolled though."
With four UTVs officially starting the race, only two crossed the finish line in the alotted 20-hour time limit. The only other UTV to finish was Thomas Graves in Yamaha Rhino #1804.

Round three of the five-race 2009 SCORE Desert Series and the second-oldest desert race in the world, featured 267 starters competing in 28 Pro and 6 Sportsman classes for cars, trucks, UTVs, motorcycles and ATVs. The 41st Tecate SCORE Baja 500 course was 432.51 miles long and started and ended in Ensenada.
Round 4 of the 2009 SCORE Desert Series will be the 14th SCORE Terrible’s Primm 300 on Sept. 11-13 in Primm, Nevada.

For more information regarding the series, contact SCORE at 818.225.8402 or visit their website at Score International Off Road Racing.

UTV Results:

OVERALL SPT UTV (660cc, 4-wheel utility vehicle) 1. Reid Nordin, Lake Elsinore, Calif./Hans Waage, Scottsdale, Ariz./Todd Romano, Park City, Utah, Kawasaki Teryx, 18:23:42 (23.51mph).
(5 Starters, 2 Finishers)
SCORE Baja 500 Finishers 6.7.09 | race-deZert.com

More insight to the overall class winners and finishers:

Baja 500 Official Results - race-dezert.com

Related UTVUnderground Threads:

http://www.utvunderground.com/f10/baja500-go-agm-follow-baja-here-1580.html

http://www.utvunderground.com/f10/my-baja-adventure-1594.html

RDC Baja Photo Thread:

*Official* Baja 500 Photo Thread - race-dezert.com

Where's the Cat At?????Way to go Kawasaki!!!!!!!!!!!!and the winners and finishers in the 1800 class UTV.

That car is bad a$$$ but I dont care for the rear fender mounting job at all.....hideous!

Wonderful!!! I am so glad to hear such great news!!! Great Job! Congratulations to every one involved!!! What a great team effort!!! That Teryx is super sick!!!! nice work!

I would personaly like to thank Kawasaki and Todd at Dragonfire for the opportunity to drive the second half of the race.I would not have been able to do something of this magnitude with out them and to win is something that I can never forget.Thanks Reid and Todd!

THIS JUST IN......SCORE hands down STIFF PENALTIES pulling the W away from Robby Gordon!!!!!!!!!! Your new winner is RIck Johnson in the TT division!

Speeding, COurse Cutting, Pit infractions, etc......Not just RObby but 90% of all the 4wheel vehicles........bad day for Baja Racers.......well bad for most..........

Joey - heres your boys!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mcEsgkmEuw]YouTube - AGM - Part 15: Side-by-side hi-def incar @ 2009 Baja 500 (first 10mins)[/ame]

If you understand spanish don't let the kid hear this, but some cool vid of how close Robby and BJ were at RM312...and YES there were some serve penalties Robby is 7th Baldwin 8th

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmCgbh-xGws&feature=related]YouTube - Robbie Gordon Jumps RM312[/ame]

Great vids Bob! How awesome is the All German Vids! BTW guys, the Co Driver in the 110 with Armin Kremer on the right hand side of the above video is none other that UTVUnderground Member and sponsor Sam Osman of Dynamic Services and Products!! Sam is also responsible for my ALuminum work!! SO go see Sam if any of you need aluminum or misc. fab work!!!

Its amazing to listen to Bryan and Sam call those rally notes!!!!

The RG and BJ vid is cool too! I feel real bad for those guys getting there trophys ripped from them..as well as AGM 102 which lost its 2nd place trophy..sure they bent some rules but thats baja! To get penalties for going 63 in a 60 is just plain stupid and ticky tack......I think this happened because of the TT teams that whine and cry mainly about RG!! Either way this handout of penalties by the SCORE rules commitee only tarnishes this particular race this year......we will wait and see what happens!

This is the opinion of Joey D. and not neccesarilly that of UTVUnderground.com

I agree with the rules and rules are rules but to issue a fine of 30-40 minutes for something that may have given them a 20-30 second gain is pretty excessive....especially when its been known that rules are more or less "guidlines" in baja for ever!!! Why bother pre running anymore? WHy bother finding the fastest lines? No need to travel to baja and race if you just want to enforce every little thing....I dont know why I care...I think I feel ripped off after spending my entire saturday following this race! It reminds me of finding out that Sammy SOsa and Mark Mcguire were on steroids during their home run battle years ago...Robbya nd BJ arent "cheaters" they are racers and if people think thatthey are in the tops becuase they cut the course and speed on hwys is stupid.....

Tell me why Robbie is the only driver to have a pit switch that makes his truck only go 60 mph on the highway zones?!

I agree with the rules and rules are rules but to issue a fine of 30-40 minutes for something that may have given them a 20-30 second gain is pretty excessive....especially when its been known that rules are more or less "guidlines" in baja for ever!!! Why bother pre running anymore? WHy bother finding the fastest lines? No need to travel to baja and race if you just want to enforce every little thing....I dont know why I care...I think I feel ripped off after spending my entire saturday following this race! It reminds me of finding out that Sammy SOsa and Mark Mcguire were on steroids during their home run battle years ago...Robbya nd BJ arent "cheaters" they are racers and if people think thatthey are in the tops becuase they cut the course and speed on hwys is stupid.....

Agree...they didn't take away Honda 1x title when Johnny Campbell cut to the beach (twice)..."Dust to Glory"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hookemdevils22
Back